• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diesel Shoes: Any Good?

Pawz

Reaction score

Pawz

Reaction score
Look at those things? Who cares if they are good, they are fugly

Luckily, fugly's a matter of opinion and is in no sense deleterious the the shoe's performance.

But you said they were good, which suggests you approve of their quality?

Could you have possibly picked something uglier?

I found some Coogi's (made in China) if they'd count. ;)

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Luckily, fugly's a matter of opinion and is in no sense deleterious the the shoe's performance.
But you said they were good, which suggests you approve of their quality?
I found some Coogi's (made in China) if they'd count. ;)

no, I don't approve of their quality. Then again, I'd not know, as I'd never purchase these things.

Are you looking for sneakers or casual walking shoes or what?

Pawz

Reaction score
Are you looking for sneakers or casual walking shoes or what?

Yes. I put a lot of miles on shoes. Up to now, I've worn New Balance and Nike for casual wear; thought I'd try something in leather.

And, yes, I know all about Brooks Brothers, J&M, and AE... Just exploring other possibilities.

sridhar3

Reaction score
My casual walking shoes are Clarks (link). Probably not SF-approved, and they're also probably not the tops in terms of build quality and aesthetic, but they're incredibly comfortable and mine haven't fallen apart yet (2 years of heavy use).

Pawz

Reaction score
Hm.

Unstructured
00ae.png
technology takes this brown leather lace-up shoe to a new level of comfort. Ultra soft premium leather in brown, a padded collar and removable footbed, plus the innovative Air Circulation System of climate control combine to keep feet feeling fresh and comfortable all day.

Well, the price is about right, anyway. :)

They have a bootlike look to them, though. I'm not fond of that sort of thing, but not that bad.

Thank you.

sridhar3

Reaction score
Hm.
Well, the price is about right, anyway.
smile.gif

They have a bootlike look to them, though. I'm not fond of that sort of thing, but not that bad.
Thank you.

Was worth a shot.
smile.gif

I largely ignore the marketingspeak. Went to a store, tried them on, found them comfortable and bought them. I wear them with Viccel socks, and my feet don't seem to get sweaty, even when walking around for 12+ hours. Once the pant leg drops over the laces, they're fairly acceptable-looking for my day job.

You're right though, they do look a bit bootlike, I suppose.

Pawz

Reaction score
Once the pant leg drops over the laces, they're fairly acceptable-looking for my day job.

Well, my thought about the Diesels was 'plain, black, generic shoe'. No fancy colors or shiny eyelets; odd patterns or bulky soles: just boring shoes that could just as acceptably be worn with jeans as with trousers. Such was my take, at least. I'm a black sheep on this forum - the kind of guy who prefers white-label Armani over Polo and will wear brown shoes with black trousers. XD

I appreciate the perspective, though.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics