• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diemme vs Viberg hiking boots

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with both in terms of quality, comfort, etc?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
imo, these are some sort of fashion items. not the real stuff...

i might be wrong, but nothing what i would consider and i live in an alpine territory.

Bootcan

Reaction score

imo, these are some sort of fashion items. not the real stuff...

i might be wrong, but nothing what i would consider and i live in an alpine territory.

I have the Vibergs and these are the real deal x3..seriously heavy duty and very comfortable with the fire n ice vibram soles.i was born in italian hiking boots and these are superior,
much thicker leather,you could build 3 pairs of italian sl2 scarpas with the leather Viberg uses,they feel like a pair of running shoes..and they look like a million$.

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not familiar with all of their respective offerings, but here's my experience with a pair of each I tried when I was looking for vintage looking hiking boots myself:

The Vibergs seemed like the real deal: Pretty heavy, thick sturdy leather that IIRC was a little stiff, requiring some break inn. Would probably last forever. Very expensive (here at least).

The Diemmes I tried felt much lighter, almost like sneakers with a hiking boot look. Comfortable from the get-go but not a lot of support and would probably not last as long. IIRC about half of the price of the Vibergs I saw.

In the end I went with a pair from Paraboots which were perfect for what I was looking for (I couldn't find the pics of them in the shoe Appreciation thread, but there's one in the recent Scandinavian winter thread.)

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses, gents.

I should have specified that I'm not looking to do any actual hiking in these boots. They'd be more for casual use in the winter as a complement to my Red Wings.

So far, it seems that the Vibergs are getting the :fonz:

Omega Man

Reaction score
Although I have no previous experience with either labels, from what I can read/see online, Viberg probably comes out on top. They are expensive and they have an exclusive line (and numerous collaborations) that are being sold to retailers in Japan. Not cheap but top notch quality in materials and construction. I think Leffot has it. Made in Canada too!

Bootcan

Reaction score

Thanks for all the responses, gents.

I should have specified that I'm not looking to do any actual hiking in these boots. They'd be more for casual use in the winter as a complement to my Red Wings.

So far, it seems that the Vibergs are getting the :fonz:

I'll let you know when winter arrives but i'm 99% sure these will stick to ice and go through slush without problems..my other hiking vibram soles are hard and if your not paying attention dangerous on ice,these vibrams are soft so should be great in winter.
i'v walked in them daily "barefoot" and these are really awesome f'n boots..in person they look expensive,on their website not so much...next is a pair of #66 in Black Horween chromexcel,still looking at other pairs before i order.

Last edited:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you only want the look or you want the functionality as well ? Did model of Diemme are you looking at ?

EDIT: I really should read the responses before shooting my mouth off.

Have you checked the Diemme x Stone Island collab ?

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have the Vibergs and these are the real deal x3..seriously heavy duty and very comfortable with the fire n ice vibram soles.i was born in italian hiking boots and these are superior,
much thicker leather,you could build 3 pairs of italian sl2 scarpas with the leather Viberg uses,they feel like a pair of running shoes..and they look like a million$.

actually, you have to see a good boot, yet. no offense...

laphroaig

Reaction score

Since you're obviously speaking as someone who has handled a pair of Viberg boots, while bootcan obviously hasn't handled anything better, perhaps you can suggest a better hiking boot?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Since you're obviously speaking as someone who has handled a pair of Viberg boots, while bootcan obviously hasn't handled anything better, perhaps you can suggest a better hiking boot?

you're welcome. actually, i could. they are not easily accessible stateside and op already declared, that he wants "his" for fashion reasons, anyway.

perhaps...

Last edited:

Bootcan

Reaction score

See a good boot?..I own great boots..thick azz double leather....indestructable,comfy..feel like running shoes.
The stinkoblers you linked up are not great boots...you want a 1 piece boot and the top of these boots are lightweight leather wrapped around sponge that disintegrate..been there destroyed that.no offence....[VIDEO]
Here's a cutaway of a typical viberg boot below-notice the solid leather insole and midsole thickness..my hikers weighed in at just under 7 pounds a pair,almost 2x the weight of scarpas,though they feel like lightweight shoes when walking.
[URL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/684412/width/350/height/700]
[/VIDEO][/URL]

Last edited:

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received today a pair of Diemme Roccia boots from oipolloi. I've been tempted a few months ago by some Viberg boots on sale, but was not sure about sizing and found them too clunky in the pics. I was searching for something fun and colourful to wear in town during the next months. I have proper hiking shoes and wanted something very light (one weighs 600 grams). Diemme are comfortable like sneakers, have proper Vibam soles, well made. As I have around 200 pairs of shoes (proud disciple of aportnoy:)), obviously I will only wear these 3 or 4 times per year. I'll change the electric blue laces. Not sure I picked the best color, I would have preffered them in military green.
[URL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/695758/width/350/height/700] [/URL]

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bootcan

Reaction score

PutzL wrote "dream on..."

One of my dreams.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads