• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diablo III / 3

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple of days, players have expressed concerns over the possibility of Battle.net
00ae.png
account compromises. First and foremost, we want to make it clear that the Battle.net and Diablo III servers have not been compromised. In addition, the number of Diablo III players who’ve contacted customer service to report a potential compromise of their personal account has been extremely small. In all of the individual Diablo III-related compromise cases we’ve investigated, none have occurred after a physical Battle.net Authenticator or Battle.net Mobile Authenticator app was attached to the player’s account, and we have yet to find any situation where a Diablo III player's account was accessed outside of “traditional” compromise methods (i.e. someone logging using an account's login email and password).

To that end, we’ve also seen discussions regarding the possibility of account compromises occurring in ways that didn’t involve these “traditional” methods -- for example, by “session spoofing” a player’s identity after he or she joins a public game. Regarding this specific example, we’ve looked into the issue and found no evidence to indicate compromises are occurring in this fashion, and we’ve determined the methods being suggested to do so are technically impossible. However, you have our assurance that we’ll continue to investigate reports such as these and keep you informed of important updates.

The best defense against account theft still includes smart password management (e.g. using a unique password for every site/service and keeping your password to yourself) and scanning for malware and viruses regularly, as well as following additional preventative steps found here. In the end, while no security method is 100% foolproof, the physical Battle.net Authenticator andBattle.net Mobile Authenticatorapp are great ways to provide your account with an extra layer of protection.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1218-diablo-iii-post-launch-update/

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i'm just going to say that you should take these things at face value.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im still somewhat skeptical of this. i guarantee i haven't been phished, and if i've been keylogged, why aren't my bank/email/whatever compromised also? and how to explain my internet issues (not just bnet connection) which only happened while playing d3 while my connection was verified by my isp to be 100% functional? the wording is still questionable - they have still "yet" to find any compromises outside of user/pass; always an out for them there.

im pretty sure this is just to restore confidence in account security prior to RMAH. i added an authenticator, so we'll see what happens. still waiting an an account restore; if it doesn't happen by 4pm tomorrow they will be past due in doing so.

Last edited:

Kuki

Reaction score
None of the classes will end up as they are now probably, anyone remember corpse explosion necs from d2? Yeah, not so much anymore.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Exactly. Once the expansion comes out and after numerous patches, the initial classes will be completely reworked.

i love how people on the bnet forums are raging about how d2 is way better than d3... except they're talking about the latest patch of d2:lod. sure, draw a comparison from an expansion pack to a game with multiple content patches with years and years worth of fine tuning to a game that literally hasn't been out for 10 days yet. brilliance.

i really need to stop going to bnet forums; they should really have a giant banner stating "abandon hope, all ye who enter here" on the top of the page.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This whole "hacked" thing is weird. I've read up on it. I want to believe Blizzard as they are usually forthcoming with issues that it may have with games.

I've ordered my components for my new rig. Hope in a week or two to be able to actually play D3 and maybe all the teething problems will be fixed by then.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is the standard blizzard game routine. Every wow patch with a new raid it was either it's too easy, or it's too hard. It's cleared too fast or it's impossible to clear the first week and thus must be nerfed.

Jarude, are you using an authenticator on your account?

Kuki

Reaction score
That is the standard blizzard game routine. Every wow patch with a new raid it was either it's too easy, or it's too hard. It's cleared too fast or it's impossible to clear the first week and thus must be nerfed.

I remember someone from Blizz saying that even their most hardcore testers couldn't even beat inferno and then they doubled the difficulty. Inferno isn't even possible for melee chars right now, and casters just kite and get 1 shotted if they mess up.

I'm in act 2 inferno with a monk and I just don't see me going anywhere for a looooong time. I guess they want me to farm act 1 until I can buy a 1000 dps weapon.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
people have already finished inferno with melee characters.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I remember someone from Blizz saying that even their most hardcore testers couldn't even beat inferno and then they doubled the difficulty. Inferno isn't even possible for melee chars right now, and casters just kite and get 1 shotted if they mess up. 

I'm in act 2 inferno with a monk and I just don't see me going anywhere for a looooong time. I guess they want me to farm act 1 until I can buy a 1000 dps weapon.

that's not 100% true. They had playtesters who had access to character editors who were able to give themselves godly gear and were able to beat it. The people who couldn't beat it were playtesters who were playing straight through and could never gear up enough to do it--but they didn't have an AH or a large economy going, so they were restricted to the items they actually picked up. Being able to gear up with proper items for your class (instead of having to settle for things like a crossbow with +Dex and +Int because it is otherwise the best you can find) has made a huge difference and allowed people who weren't using 24/7 invisibility to make it further than the blizz testers ever were able to go.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like that its taking people time do get past inferno - it should. To make a game that can be beat in less than 10 days for nearly all players would be ridiculous and I've never understood why everyone is so focused on it like its some race. It should be fun to develop characters, find or trade for new gear, fiddle with skills/runes. I think the players that approach the game from a RPG not action perspective are generally more satisfied with the product. It will need tweaking, as all these games do, but I find it to be highly enjoyable so far.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I like that its taking people time do get past inferno - it should. To make a game that can be beat in less than 10 days for nearly all players would be ridiculous and I've never understood why everyone is so focused on it like its some race. It should be fun to develop characters, find or trade for new gear, fiddle with skills/runes. I think the players that approach the game from a RPG not action perspective are generally more satisfied with the product. It will need tweaking, as all these games do, but I find it to be highly enjoyable so far.

+1

I will be taking my time with this game. Not rushing it.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i just attached one, and ive been playing a little with the lvl 17 wd that didn't get his stuff jacked, lol. i didnt have an authenticator before i got hacked.

korean masters who literally play d3 as a job and who have teams of people constantly farming gold and godly items for them have already finished inferno with melee characters.

ftfy

and fwiw, im glad that inferno is as hard as it is; i want endgame content that is going to take a long, long, long time to beat. i like how its linear questing, too - uber tristram in d2 was stupid since it was so damn tedious to find all the organs and whatnot to even get there, and once you did, a smitadin could crush it just to get a noob druid torch. later, rinse, repeat... i want a hard game, not an easy game with pointless hard stuff tacked on.

Last edited:

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Legendaries being reworked at the moment. No word yet on whether they will retroactively modify the ones already found.

I am now geared enough for white mobs in act 2 inferno on my monk.

11k dps
51k hp
58% dmg reduction
60% res all
32% dodge
11% block

I need a better shield to up my block rate. Crippling wave + LTK are a pretty good combo. Being able to kill multiple units during my shield/blind is allowing me to progress a little.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads