Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Diablo III / 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by GreenFrog, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I was pretty sure I read somewhere it was SQL injection. I don't think its your fault.. I also blame Blizz.

2. otc

otc Senior member

those of you in hell and inferno should try this chest farm before it gets patched up
    http://d3strategyguide.org/gold-farming-tip-alcarnus-town-cellar/

I just ran it a few times in NM to see what would happen (and I have no MF gear). Bunch of flawless/perfect gems and a few yellows (and a ton of blues that I just salvaged). There is also a unique who spawns by the checkpoint sometimes so if you can kill him, he has nice drops. Cellar door was open about 50% of the time, unique mob was there maybe 15%. takes about a minute from "Resume Game" to "Leave Game"

Not really worth prolonged farming in NM though since without extra MF/gold, the returns just aren't as high as they would be leveling up (though it might be good for someone at like level 38 who is hoping for some good gear drops.

In inferno though, you should be able to suicide run it to get to the chest over and over again while getting good rares and gems.

3. bibs

bibs Senior member

^ nice tip thanks !

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Smokescreen nerfed. Guess wizards will be the lone character that can solo inferno.

5. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Otc, you should just try joining neogaf, the community is really good on the d3 thread.

6. worakl

worakl Senior member

Reports that melee chars are doing slightly better in inferno as well.

7. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

[​IMG]

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

OTC do you install and play computer games on your work laptop?

I'd like to do the same so I can play while on the road but I'm wary of possible repercussions. I always assume that my computer activity can be monitored at any time, even stuff I do while I'm off my work network (once I do log back in).

9. otc

otc Senior member

Well...I *did* do it to play D3 at release since I didn't have any other way while I was out of town at my parents place. It was horrible though since my laptop's integrated video couldn't handle the game and it has been uninstalled.

We're pretty lax about installing things here so I am used to having non-work things like spotify or itunes installed. I'd like to think that playing games while traveling for work counts as incidental personal use. You're not going to bring two computers to every hotel and in terms of usage monitoring, it probably shouldn't make a difference whether you go on facebook and play farmville or go on D3--both are clearly not work, but if you are doing them in your hotel at 8pm, why should anyone care?

Your IT department might not like you installing stuff though...especially large games...but unless they want to power-trip, it probably won't matter. Even if it does matter, you will probably get an email or a knock on your door from IT asking you to remove unauthorized software, not a call from your manager.

Last edited: May 23, 2012

10. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

11. GBear

GBear Senior member

I know right...

They just fixed this last night... :(

12. b1os

b1os Senior member

No more energy armor abusing.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

If I'm understanding, what Force Armor now does is, if you take more than 35% damage in one hit your damage is capped to 35% of the hit, but if you take more than 100% of your total health in one hit, it will not absorb anything above that amount.

In other words, it will reduce all damage up to 100% of your health down to 35% of your health.

In other other words,

• If you have 10,000 health and are hit for 9000 damage, you will take 3500 damage.
    • If you have 10,000 health and are hit for 14,000 damage, you will take 3500 damage plus 4000 damage = 7500 damage.
    • If you have 10,000 health and are hit for 17,000 damage, you will take 3500 damage plus 7000 damage = 10,500 damage, and you will be dead.

Whereas, under the old version of this skill, you would take 3500 damage in all 3 of those scenarios. If this is right, it's a pretty huge nerf and does eliminate the regen build. I don't know if it's worth using anymore but it is understandable that they did it that way.

However some people are interpreting it as if you have 10,000 health and are hit for less than 10,000 damage, you will get hit for 3500 damage. But if you are hit for more than 10,000 damage, you will take 10,000 damage and be dead. If the latter is the case, this skill is now a total waste of space.

14. otc

otc Senior member

doesn't sound that fixed...if it only spawns 50% of the time and the cellar doors are only open 50% of the time, that still means that 25% of the time. On nightmare where I can one-shot (with multishot) the entire room, I can do them in like a minute so that still means a rare chest every 4 minutes.

At higher difficulties where you die at the end of every run, it might take a little longer but its still a pretty easy to get to chest.

It doesn't sound like they fixed the crazy experience runs you can do with the Act 3 boss quest turn ins by having players leave the game (if this still works...anyone want to do it a few times tonight on NM?)

I don't see an issue with them nerfing the DH skills, but those patch notes NEED to be displayed in game immediately after login (or after up-to-date check in the launcher). If you were a hardcore player, your DH just got killed because the change went into effect before anyone saw patch notes (and without fixing the tooltip..wtf?). Steam games like TF2 do this right...anytime there is any change to the underlying game files, it tells you it is updated and gives you a chance to look at patch notes where they list out changes by character class and level.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

i found the only way i would be able to deal with any kind of molten/venom pack or big crowd was kiting with deadly reach which actually has a decent range to it. haven't gotten to hell/inferno yet - clearly - but that sucks. i never found mantra of healing to be too particularly useful, so we'll see what happens... when i actually get my shit back.