• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diablo III / 3

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i found the only way i would be able to deal with any kind of molten/venom pack or big crowd was kiting with deadly reach which actually has a decent range to it. haven't gotten to hell/inferno yet - clearly - but that sucks. i never found mantra of healing to be too particularly useful, so we'll see what happens... when i actually get my **** back.

It really sucks in Inferno. I'm actually geared enough to farm act 1 now and can use multiple specs to clear it.

Act 2 requires pure kiting/defensive build. I've been using something like this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WbXYgh!YUX!ZcZbYa

Kuki

Reaction score
i found the only way i would be able to deal with any kind of molten/venom pack or big crowd was kiting with deadly reach which actually has a decent range to it. haven't gotten to hell/inferno yet - clearly - but that sucks. i never found mantra of healing to be too particularly useful, so we'll see what happens... when i actually get my **** back.

Before the nerf I was doing http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#ajXifQ!YXU!YbZZYb

All spirit generation basically with you recasting MoH and Cyclone Strike repeatedely, BoP gave you 2 seconds of invincibility which could be recasted constantly bc you go from 0 spirit to full in like 1 second. BoH for emergencies.

Last edited:

Reborn

Reaction score
Does sweeping wind generate life if you have a life steal weapon equipped?

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

doesn't sound that fixed...if it only spawns 50% of the time and the cellar doors are only open 50% of the time, that still means that 25% of the time. On nightmare where I can one-shot (with multishot) the entire room, I can do them in like a minute so that still means a rare chest every 4 minutes.
At higher difficulties where you die at the end of every run, it might take a little longer but its still a pretty easy to get to chest.
It doesn't sound like they fixed the crazy experience runs you can do with the Act 3 boss quest turn ins by having players leave the game (if this still works...anyone want to do it a few times tonight on NM?)

I just did around 10 runs and didn't find any giant chests there. Found a small chest once, about it. Found a big chest every time I did this last night. Hm..

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It really sucks in Inferno. I'm actually geared enough to farm act 1 now and can use multiple specs to clear it.
Act 2 requires pure kiting/defensive build. I've been using something like this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WbXYgh!YUX!ZcZbYa

cool. i was having fun with the 2 spirit generators boosted by the passive, so maybe ill have to try that.

Before the nerf I was doing http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#ajXifQ!YXU!YbZZYb

All spirit generation basically with you recasting MoH and Cyclone Strike repeatedely, BoP gave you 2 seconds of invincibility which could be recasted constantly bc you go from 0 spirit to full in like 1 second. BoH for emergencies.

cyclone strike is still viable? i used it all through nm in conjunction with sweeping wind + bladestorm but i found cyclone strike simply got me owned as i would be pulling in a whole bunch of guys who would smash me instead of letting me kite. i found the explosive light for wave of light - the one that just does a 360 degree holy damage nova to be very helpful.

just spent an hour on hold with blizzard CS, but when i got helped the dude was extremely nice and put in a request for an account restoration. 48 hours to wait now..

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well...I *did* do it to play D3 at release since I didn't have any other way while I was out of town at my parents place. It was horrible though since my laptop's integrated video couldn't handle the game and it has been uninstalled.
We're pretty lax about installing things here so I am used to having non-work things like spotify or itunes installed. I'd like to think that playing games while traveling for work counts as incidental personal use. You're not going to bring two computers to every hotel and in terms of usage monitoring, it probably shouldn't make a difference whether you go on facebook and play farmville or go on D3--both are clearly not work, but if you are doing them in your hotel at 8pm, why should anyone care?
Your IT department might not like you installing stuff though...especially large games...but unless they want to power-trip, it probably won't matter. Even if it does matter, you will probably get an email or a knock on your door from IT asking you to remove unauthorized software, not a call from your manager.

Makes sense.. Thanks brah.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got to Diablo and failed miserably on my first try (Normal). Any tips for beating him up? I just realized in game that smokescreen got nerfed which makes it a bit harder to spam it! This is my current build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acXjTV!bYe!ZbZaZa. I also do around 750 dps, but I find that my health might be a bit low (around 1600).

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey guys, just got to Diablo and failed miserably on my first try (Normal). Any tips for beating him up? I just realized in game that smokescreen got nerfed which makes it a bit harder to spam it! This is my current build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acXjTV!bYe!ZbZaZa. I also do around 750 dps, but I find that my health might be a bit low (around 1600).

drop the rapid fire, you won't have tome to spam it on him. I think I used Impale with Chemical burn because its got pretty good one shot damage and it is instant.

Then add the passive that regenerates health over time instead of Archery. (he is all about BIG hits so you will spend a lot of time outside the 3 second window if you can dodge everything.

Then I think I used the stunning caltrops to help kite and vault to make big getaways. Instead of marked for death, I would take the skill that lets you regenerate damage as health and pop it whenever your health is low and you have enough time to hit off 3-4 impales which should bring you back to full health.

Then just stay the **** away from him. You can see where he is on your minimap so shoot hungering arrows in his direction (and switch to the rune that gives increased piercing which gives better odds of multiple hits) and when you are sure of his position, shoot impales at him.

Also, give strafe (with the full movement speed rune) a try for your remaining skill...you can do DPS while still moving which helped a lot. With that DPS you should have no problem but health seems low for your level (you have a bat so you must be at least 29).

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just beat Diablo in Nightmare mode - marked him for death with hatred regen rune-> rapid fire+rockets forever (also had bat companion)

goes down - have 95% magic find -> got no rares....

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Then just stay the **** away from him. You can see where he is on your minimap so shoot hungering arrows in his direction (and switch to the rune that gives increased piercing which gives better odds of multiple hits) and when you are sure of his position, shoot impales at him.

^This is pretty much all you need for normal: Puncturing Arrow + Chemical Burn. The bat will help. Don't worry about SS, just stay far away from him and use the minimap to launch hungering arrows at him from across the map.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like otc said. The key is to always move. He can't do much besides his cages, which are annoyinng, esp. if you run so far away that you can't see him anymore. Look out for black spots on the ground, then just move away. If you get caged, spam potion until he releases you and get the **** away. Two health wells are a good assistance. Good luck!
When you get ported in the subarea, you need to run a lot, too. Like always, kiting is key. The area isn't that big, so kite wisely.

Last edited:

Kuki

Reaction score

You can place a boneweave hauberk on the ground and monsters can't get by
lol8[1].gif

Edit: Might have been hotfixed already, someone posted it to the official forums...

Last edited:

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is awesome! Will need to try that...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads