Diablo III / 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by GreenFrog, Mar 24, 2012.

1. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

It really sucks in Inferno. I'm actually geared enough to farm act 1 now and can use multiple specs to clear it.

Act 2 requires pure kiting/defensive build. I've been using something like this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WbXYgh!YUX!ZcZbYa

2. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Before the nerf I was doing http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#ajXifQ!YXU!YbZZYb

All spirit generation basically with you recasting MoH and Cyclone Strike repeatedely, BoP gave you 2 seconds of invincibility which could be recasted constantly bc you go from 0 spirit to full in like 1 second. BoH for emergencies.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  3. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

Does sweeping wind generate life if you have a life steal weapon equipped?

4. GBear

GBear Senior member

I just did around 10 runs and didn't find any giant chests there. Found a small chest once, about it. Found a big chest every time I did this last night. Hm..

5. otc

otc Senior member

6. GBear

GBear Senior member

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

cool. i was having fun with the 2 spirit generators boosted by the passive, so maybe ill have to try that.

cyclone strike is still viable? i used it all through nm in conjunction with sweeping wind + bladestorm but i found cyclone strike simply got me owned as i would be pulling in a whole bunch of guys who would smash me instead of letting me kite. i found the explosive light for wave of light - the one that just does a 360 degree holy damage nova to be very helpful.

just spent an hour on hold with blizzard CS, but when i got helped the dude was extremely nice and put in a request for an account restoration. 48 hours to wait now..

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Makes sense.. Thanks brah.

9. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Hey guys, just got to Diablo and failed miserably on my first try (Normal). Any tips for beating him up? I just realized in game that smokescreen got nerfed which makes it a bit harder to spam it! This is my current build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acXjTV!bYe!ZbZaZa. I also do around 750 dps, but I find that my health might be a bit low (around 1600).

10. otc

otc Senior member

drop the rapid fire, you won't have tome to spam it on him. I think I used Impale with Chemical burn because its got pretty good one shot damage and it is instant.

Then add the passive that regenerates health over time instead of Archery. (he is all about BIG hits so you will spend a lot of time outside the 3 second window if you can dodge everything.

Then I think I used the stunning caltrops to help kite and vault to make big getaways. Instead of marked for death, I would take the skill that lets you regenerate damage as health and pop it whenever your health is low and you have enough time to hit off 3-4 impales which should bring you back to full health.

Then just stay the fuck away from him. You can see where he is on your minimap so shoot hungering arrows in his direction (and switch to the rune that gives increased piercing which gives better odds of multiple hits) and when you are sure of his position, shoot impales at him.

Also, give strafe (with the full movement speed rune) a try for your remaining skill...you can do DPS while still moving which helped a lot. With that DPS you should have no problem but health seems low for your level (you have a bat so you must be at least 29).

11. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Just beat Diablo in Nightmare mode - marked him for death with hatred regen rune-> rapid fire+rockets forever (also had bat companion)

goes down - have 95% magic find -> got no rares....

12. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

^This is pretty much all you need for normal: Puncturing Arrow + Chemical Burn. The bat will help. Don't worry about SS, just stay far away from him and use the minimap to launch hungering arrows at him from across the map.

13. b1os

b1os Senior member

Like otc said. The key is to always move. He can't do much besides his cages, which are annoyinng, esp. if you run so far away that you can't see him anymore. Look out for black spots on the ground, then just move away. If you get caged, spam potion until he releases you and get the fuck away. Two health wells are a good assistance. Good luck!
    When you get ported in the subarea, you need to run a lot, too. Like always, kiting is key. The area isn't that big, so kite wisely.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  14. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

[​IMG]

You can place a boneweave hauberk on the ground and monsters can't get by [​IMG]

Edit: Might have been hotfixed already, someone posted it to the official forums...

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  15. GBear

GBear Senior member

That is awesome! Will need to try that...