• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Destroyed On The First Wearing

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Burberry is for chavs ...no sympathy there...it might (say again might) even make a good cleaning rag...but the Fratelli Rosetti cognac scotchgrain oxfords...now that is painful...would showing pics of the debacle help with your obvious need for a mental recovery plan?

This happened years ago. By the way, what is a chav?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
^ that sucks. I was on the train once, it was St. Patricks day - close to the end of the line, so most of the people had cleared out. This woman, a regular commuter, took advantage of having the 3 seater empty, so she flung her hooded mink coat over the back of the seat next to her. Behind her was a drunk dude, and behind him was me. Anyway, the motion finally caught up to him, and he barfed - projectile vomited perfectly in the hood of this womans mink coat. He was mad quiet about it, but I was behind him, so I saw it, grabbed my briefcase up off the floor and moved back like 10 rows. This woman's stop was the next stop, grabbed her coat and took a puke bath. She couldnt do anything because she had to get off the train. It was so nasty.

eh.gif
lol8[1].gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Guy who emptied his beer on my suede jacket did so by pure accident

it's hard to imagine that a jacket is done from some beer???

alexanduh

Reaction score
**** is tragic. especially if someone doesnt say sorry sincerely. heads roll.

as for hunting down coffee forum. sounds bout right.

drum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
By the way, what is a chav?

Mostly working class people in the UK, who exhibit all sorts of anti-social behavior. Watch Little Britain if you want to get an idea of them. They're mostly seen in tracksuits, and like to wear Burberry caps as a status symbol.

lastlight

Reaction score
Many a tie in food. Cardigan had button rip off first day out in a drawer at work, button pulled off ripping sweater with it (VERY thin cotton summer cardigan), Closed drawer and metal edge pulls off bunch of threads and ruins new shirt.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a recent incident with a Charvet tie and some velcro.
With Charvet, I kind of expect damage on the first wearing. This was worse since I had somehow managed to keep it snag free since 2007.
ffffuuuu.gif

Icehawk

Reaction score
Does getting something back from the cleaners for the first time count? I had this really nice Barneys shirt, sort of like a lightweight sweater, and when it came home to me it was full of pinholes.

How about finding my vintage ski sweater (it had been in storage since the late 80s) and taking it to the cleaner and instead of cleaning it they destroyed it bleeding the colors into each other? Didn't even get to wear that one.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
Does getting something back from the cleaners for the first time count? I had this really nice Barneys shirt, sort of like a lightweight sweater, and when it came home to me it was full of pinholes.

How about finding my vintage ski sweater (it had been in storage since the late 80s) and taking it to the cleaner and instead of cleaning it they destroyed it bleeding the colors into each other? Didn't even get to wear that one.

This happened to me with a sea island cotton shirt and the cleaners. They handed back to me a bunch of shreads with a collar and cuff attached to it. They said it came apart while blasting it with steam because it was "old". About two days old to be exact. I stopped using dry cleaners after this one. Oh yeah, I used my $20 credit first...
plain.gif

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice sky blue tie from Brooks Brothers. Perfect color combination and I was feeling in an airy mood. Immediately proceed to spill a little coffee and the splatters ruined it. All day I obsessed about the marks. They were probably unnoticeable, but I never wore it again.

Later I buried it in a graveyard.

bjornb17

Reaction score
Unwrapped my 5 new CT shirts and threw them in the washing machine with other colored clothes. Accidentally left a chocolate bar in a pants pocket. I cried a little that day.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Let's just say I always tuck my tie into my shirt before sitting on a public toilet.

I can't seem to come up with a scenario where my tie would be at risk when sitting on a public toilet. Is there something you do on public toilets that you don't do on your own personal toilet that places your tie at risk of being damaged?

Unless, of course, you do a handstand on the seat???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads