• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Der College/University Diploma Thread

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what people's college/university diplomas look like. Anyone here care to post? Of course, some photoshop to wipe out the name is needed but I'd like to see the general format.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
College name

Bunch of latin/cursive looking words

My name

Bunch of signature from college big-wigs.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but there must be some bizarre variations to this theme.

Originally Posted by lee_44106
College name

Bunch of latin/cursive looking words

My name

Bunch of signature from college big-wigs.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
College name Bunch of latin/cursive looking words My name Bunch of signature from college big-wigs.
laugh.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Connie, hopefully you'll get this relatively useless piece of paper soon!
I can't wait. Apparently, mine will look something like this:
OSU%20Diploma.jpg
My dentist has his grandfather and great-uncle's dental school diplomas on display in his office. One is from Ohio State and one is from Michigan (I bet they fought a lot) but they were both very extravagant and large. It's sort of a shame that most university diplomas these days tend to be minimalist rather than ornate.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get it laminated, you can get it plaqued, you can even get it carved into a wooden block. The aftermarket modifications to the standard sheepskin is quite amazing.

Mine, I just keep rolled up in the little paper tube I received it in, eons ago.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can get it laminated, you can get it plaqued, you can even get it carved into a wooden block. The aftermarket modifications to the standard sheepskin is quite amazing. Mine, I just keep rolled up in the little paper tube I received it in, eons ago.
Yeah. Every university bookstore has three million different types of frames/mounts/plaques for diplomas. A lot of them cost upwards of a few hundred dollars. Ridiculous, IMO.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, hopefully the ebony trimmed, mahogany based and silk lined background on the diploma will distract from the fact that it's from Small-town Comunity College, and that the major is something like Sports Science.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Whenever someone thinks I go to Penn State, I usually tell them I'm a backup wide receiver on the football team.
Nice. I was at work the other night and overheard a younger girl telling her parents that her friend enrolled in a master's program at Penn. Her mom goes, "Oh so is that Penn State?" I don't know why it's so hard to understand.
confused.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I don't know why it's so hard to understand.
confused.gif

'cause nobody cares about Ivy League football unless they went to an Ivy League school.

Wait until you experience your first season of Buckeye football this fall and you'll understand why Big 10 football is a big deal.

That's why people know Penn State and not Penn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads