• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a jean jacket soon but I have a problem in choosing the right one. I notice that there's a bunch of options. What are some pointers for getting a great jacket?

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends what you're looking for. I have a nudie conny which is pretty good, but I'd think of how you want it to fit first and how much you're willing to spend. Obviously quality is probably a priority, so I'd go from recognizable brands. Self Edge has some Iron Heart ones I think, and BiG might still have some (I think Samurai, Somet and others). I'm looking to save for a type II of some sort

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Levi's Vintage 506XX Limited Edition Denim Jacket . It was introduced as the "Rider's Jacket" and the first jacket Levi's produced in XX heavyweight, unshrunk denim. The denim is made from the same narrow loom red selvage fabric as Levi's hard - working jeans. It's also the first Levi jacket to feature the now famous red tag. A Back photo:
92872921.jpg

drainpipe

Reaction score
I've also been considering getting a denim jacket, but I would have a problem with denim on denim. I'm considering getting the black overdye Nudie Connie on cultizm. That would probably go better with normal indigo jeans.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

ataru

Reaction score
What does "attached hoodie" mean regarding that denim jacket? Is there a hood inside that just isnt being flipped out in the pics at revolve?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love denim jackets, and even though we stock a lot of them at Self Edge, they're not very popular items..
We've got some amazing ones from Flat Head, Iron Heart, Dry Bones, and Sugar Cane.
My favorite being the Dry Bones one for the funtionality and comfort of it, coupled with a great denim and fit..

nudielover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drainpipe
I've also been considering getting a denim jacket, but I would have a problem with denim on denim. I'm considering getting the black overdye Nudie Connie on cultizm. That would probably go better with normal indigo jeans.

Good choice, I have one coming in the mail. They look pretty sweet with dark indigo imo
cheers.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
92872921.jpg

This one ^^^, along with the Nudie conny are my 2 fave denim jackets I own

The Crate jacket is awesome too, if I didnt already have 2 I'd get this one also. The fit is really slim, and similar to Nudie Conny (aka true euro size)

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ If you look at old photos of Cowboys from 60 years ago, chances are they'll be wearing the Levi's 506XX. It's called the Rider's Jacket. Interesting because I've had that Jacket for at least 10 years and don't wear them often enough. The jacket is a "Classic" and how you wear it defines your style. On WAYWT last week ( same photo ) I wore it with a pair of Miu Miu brown suede pants and a regular t-shirt and leather boots. Sometimes, I wear it with trainer pants and wear it over a hooded sweater on the way to the gym. Just depends. I think it's the same jacket James Dean wore in "Giant".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads