1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Danner Stumptown Collection

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NormanF, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Danner assumes that you wear those boots to work and hiking where you will be wearing thick socks. In this case go True to size or size down 1 from brannock if narrow feet. Def size down 1 if you are going to be wearing them with thinner (regular) socks

2. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

It's a toss-up between 9.5 E and 10D

3. le_kraken

le_kraken Member

i'm planning to wear it with both regular and thick sock 50/50 time

i'm in non-city place now so can't measure it with brannock. i have only a drawing of my foor - it measures 285mm.

new balances insoles are the ones that can be taken out measure 290mm

i'm very surprised cause was expecting opinions like 10 or 10.5 but not less!

4. scb

scb Senior member

can't decide between mountain light (original) and standard viberg 66 hiker

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

You can buy two mountain lights for what you pay for a pair of viberg!

le kraken, err for the larger size in that case. tight boots is not good for you

6. scb

scb Senior member

the custom viberg makeups are 2x the price of the mountain lights. the standard hiker 66 is 440

7. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

Danner spring Stumptown product jsut showed up at Woodlands. Comes out February 1st.

You guys wanna see some pics?

8. heprof

heprof Active Member

Yes!!! More collabs with Tanner?

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

No. No one wants any pics. :fence:

10. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

11. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

poast, but don't post.

12. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

That is good advise go TTS.

I wear 11.5 in almost all my shoes/boots. I went with one half size down to an 11 in the Danner Stumptown, They were too small, 11.5 would have fit just fine.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  13. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

le_kraken - go true to size on danner mountain lights. Seriously - why wouldn't you be wearing your smartwools with those? Get the stumptown mountain light over the II, leather is nicer.

14. le_kraken

le_kraken Member

from one pint i would fell more comfortable ordering a TTS 10.5

BUT

ebay seller who was helping me with sizing information says insole measures ~290mm and the outsole is 330mm.

where is 40mm difference?! is it thick leather? or measurement is wrong? 330mm for 10.5US is way to much i think.

i'm using all the sources cause i need these boots fast and with no mistake, sorry if i bother you guys

15. le_kraken

le_kraken Member

yes and what about leather? does mountain light have relly better leather than light IIs?

16. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

FWIW, here's my sizing breakdown.

i wear 11 in most sneakers: Nike, adidas Rod Lavers/Stan Smiths, etc.
    I wear 10.5 in Clark's desert boots.
    I wear a 10 in Red Wing.

I went with 10 in the Danners. Chuck the insole things that come w/ them. They're worthless. Buy some Superfeet (green or blue) and you'll be golden. Your Achilles area may be sore for the first 12-15 wearings, depending on fit, but that softens up.

17. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I wear
    6.5 Daytons ( :crackup: )
    7.5 F+B 745,
    7.5 Chucks,
    8.5 Nike Runners,
    8 Nike/Keds sneakers
    7~7.5 dress shoes
    and went with 8 E Danners. It definitely fits big when worn with thin socks but I would never wear it with think socks anyways so I guess it doesn't matter. When worn with proper gear, fits and feels great.

As for leather its a thick single leather that covers the whole boot. Because of its thickness some it will hurt your feet. Could be your Achilles area and for me it was toe joint area. Very tough, but prone to scratch ( I don't know maybe because I wore them to Yellowsone/ Moab etc. etc. ?). The deciding factor for picking MLII for me was the contrasting stitch of MLII, which I did not like for when I oil them the stitch will stain.. The color tone is also a bit different, with MLII being darker, but the toughness is the same IMO

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  18. bin31z

bin31z Active Member

I just tried on some Mountain Lights at a Levi's store of all places and I would recommend people to go with their true size. I wear a 10.5 or 11 in Nike's and my true measured size is 10.5. I tried on a 10 and it fits ok with a medium thickness sock. So I would go with that size if I used the shoes for walking around town. However, there are much better looking boots for casual wear, these boots make you look like a mammoth. I would most definitely hike in these boots, in fact, that is what they are made for. That being said, when walking downhill on a hike, your toes are going to get pushed forward and the hardy leather construction on these boots will hurt after a while if your toes keep jamming into them, especially if you are wearing a thicker sock. In 10, that would have definitely happened since I only have about a half inch of space in the front.

I would recommend getting your true measure size, they will be very comfortable and roomy with medium to heavy socks and won't beat up ur toes if you go hiking with them.

19. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

Sound advice right here.

[​IMG]

A quick pic til Monday.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  20. scb

scb Senior member

i'm an 11.5. I wear an 11E on the alden trubalance last. When trying on the Mountain Light, the 11.5EE is the one that worked for me. 11 was too narrow