• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dangers of ebay

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, sure, but neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night stopped him from ripping people off, so you've gotta give him credit for that. Â
biggrin.gif
The all-time most brazen eBay scam, in my opinion: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...ebay-fraud.htm. The moral of the story? If you're spending over $20,000 on "Wee Forest Folk" figurines... Just. Stop.

friendlyone

Reaction score
Over the past few weeks, a German seller has had a number of Kiton items for sale on Ebay, at exceptionally low prices. I sent him an email to ask about the ties, essentially wondering whether they were used, but got no reply. So, I allowed myself to be outbid.

Then, I saw a Kiton suit, blue Super 150, not on auction but with a "buy it now" for around $550. The suit looked genuine, but almost no corroborating information was provided -- just a warning that the buyers should ask all questions before purchasing.

Given my earlier experience, and the very low price, I gave it a miss. But I still wonder whether I was prudent, or missed a big opportunity.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, sure, but neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night stopped him from ripping people off, so you've gotta give him credit for that. Â
biggrin.gif
The all-time most brazen eBay scam, in my opinion: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...ebay-fraud.htm. The moral of the story? If you're spending over $20,000 on "Wee Forest Folk" figurines... Just. Stop.
(From Nick's link) "Lebow bought Wee Forest Folk figurines, as did many of the auction customers. The figurines "” mostly mice in poses of different themes, such as holidays and sports "” are a popular collector's item and can go for hundreds of dollars apiece. Richardson also dealt in the more expensive Hummel figurines and Lladros." Wow. "Two customers say they each paid Richardson more than $20,000 for Wee Forest Folk figurines during the auction" How could you ever justify paying a sum of money that could be used to purchase a decent car on a "Wee Forest Folk figurine"
confused.gif

F4iryder14

Reaction score
The moral of the story? If you're spending over $20,000 on "Wee Forest Folk" figurines... Just. Stop.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
... just the name alone cracks me up. Kevin

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We'd better be careful - there are probably whole forums devoted to the discussion of "Wee Forest Folk". The WFFr's probably read the Style Forum for laughs Â
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads