• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dandyism.net

bachelorinspace

Reaction score
Greetings, gents. Have a look at our new website. Here's the official release: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Christian M. Chensvold 323.428.5002 [email protected] DANDYISM.NET: New blog devoted to men's fashion and style icons blends reverence and irreverence (LOS ANGELES) Dandyism.net, a blog devoted to film, fashion, literature and style icons, has officially launched. The site takes a refreshingly unpompous look at masculine panache, blending a reverence for brands such as Ralph Lauren Purple Label and Paul Smith, literacy in classic dandy texts, and admiration for all men who combine wit and style with sangfroid and a spirit of independence. "It's time to rescue dandyism "” the word and the concept "” from the dust-covered armoire of history," said founder Christian M. Chensvold in an interview with himself. "My goal is to extricate 'dandy' from the pejorative and restore it into contemporary nomenclature." Dandyism.net freely juxtaposes David Bowie and Cary Grant, Tom Wolfe and OutKast's Andre 3000, Eugene Delacroix and Farnsworth Bentley. All men harken back to the same archetype: The dandy. "What Chensvold has done is quite revolutionary," said San Francisco Chronicle contributing writer Daedalus Howell. "Not only has he rescued dandyism from crusty academics and put it in the mind of the enlightened populace, he's developed a news-driven webzine about something most people thought went out with the horse and buggy. And like the best niche sites, it's a prism that refracts a new and refreshing vision of the world, not just that of the dandy." Dandyism.net offers news on dandyish films (such as the upcoming US release of Evelyn Waugh's "Bright Young Things"), new books, fashion designers, stylish travelogues, and a penchant for blending high culture and humor. There are also chapters on the history of dandyism for the initiate, and an extensive reading list. Based in Los Angeles and maintained by writer Christian M. Chensvold (L'Uomo Vogue, Robb Report, Sportswear International), Dandyism.net has a growing roster of contributing columnists and bloggers from the world's great culture capitals, and will soon feature exclusive interviews with today's most stylish men.

justlurkingthanks

Reaction score
Them's some big words in that there press release.

But seriously, I wish you well. I once had a dandy extricated from my pejorative and not only was it painful but my contemporary nomenclature rejected any attempt to restore it. And then my health insurance refused to pay for any of the procedure, but that's another story ...

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
said founder Christian M. Chensvold in an interview with himself.
Next time, I would replace "in an interview with himself," to "a recent interview." But that is just me. Good luck

SwaG

Reaction score
Anyone else having a hard time accessing the website?

I 'googled' it and could only view the cached front page.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried reading what was on the page, but my eyes almost exploded due to the horrible page design.

SwaG

Reaction score
i was finally able to access the site when i got home, and i have to agree with alias, the web design is pretty bad. The black and white is not working for me.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wouldn't be quite so bad if the superbig all-caps headlines were not so superbig and all-cappy.

a hint: all-cap headers should really be 'small caps', and the character spacing should be expanded to enhance readability. on the web you pretty much have to use a jpeg to get it right.

i agree that the white-on-black is a little severe.

/andrew

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks so full of itself
sad.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vero,

Is that the guy? I hate guys like that. When I see one, I am forced to run cross the street immediately to give them a swift hard kick in the rocks to see if they have any. And all the running and kicking gets me tired and cranky.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other great sites i have come across which i think you guys might like: Where's Dandy The Chap Magazine 21st Century Dandy Let me know what you think. Enjoy. Ignacio
Thanks for the links. The first one didn't work. The second I read before, and I view it more as a source of weird humor than I do on real sartorial advice (sometimes I can't even make out what he's saying.) and the third one looked like a short piece of information on some exhibit in Moscow on British style (with a picture of Sir Ian McKellen.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads