• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dacks and other Canadian shoe brands

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ten nail, actually; there are three by the toe...
Fournier from Victoriaville did the same, except with 13 nails. Likely they were early adopters of the air nail gun!!

IMG_0921.JPG

Last edited:

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a little late for the season, however I love advertizing, so my Hartt is in the right place. Ho ho ho.

I expect @lbgradwell will be updating his avatar next December!!

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jiqea - I have a daily shoe Appreciation routine which includes @mariusscott ’s Etsy page. Your store has been added into the mix.

It’s too bad the Eaton Sanitized fit tight for 9ee. If they are as your description says, tight like 9.5D, then they won’t work for me. Vintage Florsheim 9ee definitely works for my wide flippers. Sigh.

I doubt my collection (holding at 47) would ever be all Canadian. I love my shell and US made vintage shoes too much.

Wishing everyone a pleasant week.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
50% discount on February 22 at Salvation Army on winter wear.

Any shoes made in Canada should qualify. I have thrifting plans this Friday. Anyone else?

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jiqea - I have a daily shoe Appreciation routine which includes @mariusscott ’s Etsy page. Your store has been added into the mix.

It’s too bad the Eaton Sanitized fit tight for 9ee. If they are as your description says, tight like 9.5D, then they won’t work for me. Vintage Florsheim 9ee definitely works for my wide flippers. Sigh.

I doubt my collection (holding at 47) would ever be all Canadian. I love my shell and US made vintage shoes too much.

Wishing everyone a pleasant week.
I thought of you when I picked them up, but they would definitely be too tight. They are kind of a cool looking shoe.

I have a few American shoes. A pair of alligator Edwin Clapps from the 50's among others. I need a good pair of shell Florsheims and then I will be away to the races! I will need to build an addition.

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is as nice a pair of Sismans Thorobilt work shoes as you will find, NOSWT. No connection with me at all. The seller has them priced using the "go find another" philosophy, which is fair, but puts them out of my reach. Just great to see these and to add them to our list of great Canadian shoes and boots!

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is as nice a pair of Sismans Thorobilt work shoes as you will find, NOSWT. No connection with me at all. The seller has them priced using the "go find another" philosophy, which is fair, but puts them out of my reach. Just great to see these and to add them to our list of great Canadian shoes and boots!

View attachment 1130078

View attachment 1130079

View attachment 1130080

View attachment 1130081

View attachment 1130082

View attachment 1130083

View attachment 1130084

View attachment 1130085

Every time I read this thread, I feel like I am in school again. New shoe brands being brought to my attention. Poetry. Seeing the popular kids hang out and bragging about their shopping finds. Sigh.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That same sale is happening right now at VV
Until Thursday

Not sure if it includes footwear, though. The flyer I got does not list footwear in the fine print. Yesterday I passed up a pair of brown suede Bally chukka on account of them being $24. At $12, I'd probably bite, even though they had one lace missing. Thrifting was a bust, yesterday. Busy, with empty shoe racks. Hopefully they will have racks bursting with new stock when you check it out on Fri, @suitforcourt

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1130078

View attachment 1130079

View attachment 1130080

View attachment 1130081

View attachment 1130082

View attachment 1130083

View attachment 1130084

View attachment 1130085

That reminds me of another brand I have seen once or twice, that we have not discussed: Benchmark by Jarman. So far, what I have seen has been black calf cap toes, well worn, but they look to have been a quality made Canadian shoe.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That reminds me of another brand I have seen once or twice, that we have not discussed: Benchmark by Jarman. So far, what I have seen has been black calf cap toes, well worn, but they look to have been a quality made Canadian shoe.

I have flipped a few pairs through @mariusscott . Seems to be decent quality. Was Jarman a US company? I have seen some of their models made in USA as well.

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A very slow morning thrifting in Ottawa. One pair of Dacks "Made in Canada" rubber sole PTD in 12F and a pair of NOS H.H. Brown parade boots, 9 F. The rubber soled Dacks are somewhat interesting. Very soft and supple uppers and the rubber heels give them an entirely different laid back, Saturday afternoon sort of feel. Good foul weather shoes, and they might have some advantages when sneaking in late after a few drinks with the boys.

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads