• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
After reading this whole thread and weighing options for a long time, I finally decided to order my first pair of SDs (or any quality boot) last month (4/12). The information available in this thread has been really insightful and I appreciate the folks who have contributed their experience and knowledge.
To backtrack- as a result of being born with club feet, my left foot is about 1.5 sizes shorter and has a higher arch than my right foot. After sending my tracings to Baker’s I was sized at a 9E and a 10.5D. Kyle said he was confident in my sizing so I went with it. On this note I have a question:
Has anyone else ordered mismatched pairs with a difference of more than a whole size? I’ve never had a pair of shoes fit correctly on both feet so I’m more excited for the comfort than the looks, but am still kinda concerned about how different they will look at a glance.

Here’s the build I went with:
-SD on the 55 last
-Brown horsedide w/ red liner
-Single celastic
-No toecap
-Close trim
-Block heel, lowered 1/4”, brown edge
-Vibram 430
-All antique eyelets, no pull tab

Really looking forward to getting my hands on these. Does anyone have pictures of, or experience with the brown horse hide White’s is currently using? In some photos it looks red, others tan, and more recently dark brown. Haven’t seen a photo of ‘em I didn’t like but still not totally sure what to expect.. @sambam any chance you could sneak a pic of my, or a similar, boot?

That's a solid, no-nonsense build, should be ace. But what made you opt for a lowered heel?

About the sizing, no one will notice your shoes are of different size since practically no one even realizes it's possible to have shoes made in such way... And if it's comfort vs. cosmetics, comfort wins every time. It'll no doubt be a great feeling having a shoe that fits... both feet. :)

brownies

Reaction score
That's a solid, no-nonsense build, should be ace. But what made you opt for a lowered heel?

About the sizing, no one will notice your shoes are of different size since practically no one even realizes it's possible to have shoes made in such way... And if it's comfort vs. cosmetics, comfort wins every time. It'll no doubt be a great feeling having a shoe that fits... both feet. :)
Seconded. Boots that fit will win over cosmetics. And they'll look good I think. Please post some pics when you get them.

bilihana

Reaction score

Thanks. Went with the lowered block heel a) because I have always worn flat shoes, mostly Vans, and feel that the lowered heel will still provide solid arch support without being too drastic, and b) I just prefer the lower profile look. But that could always change down the line. If these fit as well as I hope, I’ll be placing another order before long.

andy b.

Reaction score
After reading this whole thread and weighing options for a long time, I finally decided to order my first pair of SDs (or any quality boot) last month (4/12). The information available in this thread has been really insightful and I appreciate the folks who have contributed their experience and knowledge.
To backtrack- as a result of being born with club feet, my left foot is about 1.5 sizes shorter and has a higher arch than my right foot. After sending my tracings to Baker’s I was sized at a 9E and a 10.5D. Kyle said he was confident in my sizing so I went with it. On this note I have a question:
Has anyone else ordered mismatched pairs with a difference of more than a whole size? I’ve never had a pair of shoes fit correctly on both feet so I’m more excited for the comfort than the looks, but am still kinda concerned about how different they will look at a glance.

Here’s the build I went with:
-SD on the 55 last
-Brown horsedide w/ red liner
-Single celastic
-No toecap
-Close trim
-Block heel, lowered 1/4”, brown edge
-Vibram 430
-All antique eyelets, no pull tab

Really looking forward to getting my hands on these. Does anyone have pictures of, or experience with the brown horse hide White’s is currently using? In some photos it looks red, others tan, and more recently dark brown. Haven’t seen a photo of ‘em I didn’t like but still not totally sure what to expect.. @sambam any chance you could sneak a pic of my, or a similar, boot?

No one will notice the size difference, unless you stand with both feet together and your heels against a wall.
Sounds like a great build, and Bakers seems to be very good with sizing.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
Thanks for thanks for all the info, people. You prompted me to look it up, and for any other Aussies out there, we don’t apparently pay import tax on items worth less than 1000AU$ (or “dollerydoos” as I heard them recently referred to)
Apparently that's going to change in July?

Imyouricecreamman

Reaction score
My favorite angle :)
4bGaqqL.jpg

brownies

Reaction score
Well joy. I don't think I'm going to be ready to order and receive before then. Currently waiting on leather samples. Anyone know what the wait time on an order through Bakers is right now?

Dusty close up. A friend jokingly said they should call it "Wolf's nose leather" :D

Ru7r7fc.jpg

These look pretty awesome! Have you thought of replacing the lafes? What do you make of WB leather? Sienna is one of the samples ive asked for. I thought about cognac wb too, but it just seems too orange in pics I've seen.

ultrark2004

Reaction score
@bilihana
my feet are different sizes 8ee & 9.5d Bakers sized me from my tracings but also sent me a boot in each size to verify. After sizing me whites made my bounty hunters, you can't even tell by looking at them that they are different sizes, you have to put them back to back so don't worry about people noticing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads