• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
Stupid question but the dress brown is so dark it looks almost black. What colour belt do you wear with it?

Last edited:

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the White's standard Semi-Dress last is called the 55 Last... I also noted that Nick's boots build their Ranger and Robert on something they call the 55 last... with the history and geographical proximity between Whites and Nicks, can anyone tell me if these lasts are the same?

That is to say, if I have my sizing dialed in on the White's 55 last, would I be safe to buy the same exact size in the Nick's 55 and be confident that they would fit the same way?

Does anyone have actual experience with both?

Thanks,

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
that's good to know, thanks. This is just making my decision harder. I was initially set on black cxl...
I see a lot of love for Obenaufs around here. Anyone use Huberds?

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
I know the White's standard Semi-Dress last is called the 55 Last... I also noted that Nick's boots build their Ranger and Robert on something they call the 55 last... with the history and geographical proximity between Whites and Nicks, can anyone tell me if these lasts are the same?

That is to say, if I have my sizing dialed in on the White's 55 last, would I be safe to buy the same exact size in the Nick's 55 and be confident that they would fit the same way?

Thanks,

Frank's started as an offshoot of Nick's which started as an offshoot of White's, they all use the "55" last but probably with slight modifications; I have read reports of the Nick's version of arch-ease being not only constructed differently but also feeling different, a bit longer compared to that of White's, which could affect the fit, but I am yet to come across first-hand account of anyone wearing anything but the same size in both.

Having said that, I'm interested in this as well (seemingly obsessed with fits of this and that while continuing to wear the same pair of Smokejumpers every day).

ultrark2004

Reaction score

I have both Whites Bounty Hunter & Nicks Roberts. 2 pairs of each all 6". 1 pair each non celastic toe & 1 pair each with a celastic toe.
All were ordered thru Bakers. My Nicks with non celastic were built after the big move when I think they got new lasts in but I'm not sure on that, anyway they feel to me that the arch support is different other than that they feel & are the same boot

Neognosis

Reaction score
E078D721-8F23-4E25-8308-B868D70F7E44.jpeg

rio

Reaction score
I need your help guys, my boots arrived and I'm very disappointed, they are clearly not the same color as advertise and I ordered 12d and got 12 e, what say you??...

30122211_10156069736761063_114726315_o.png

30073723_10156069737291063_1562927315_o.png

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What exactly did Ultrasound advertise, and what exactly did you order?

The picture is Toffee Dress and Mushroom Oil Bullhide IIRC... special leathers not usually available...

It is hard to say, but it looks like you got Brown Bullhide... maybe with (dark) British Tan CXL or classic brown... which looks a lot like BT to me...

As far as the sizing, that alone is reason enough to send them back and ask for a do-over. For that price they should be perfect... do not rest until they are. Someone made a mistake, and someone will make it right.

Also, the welt stitching looks a little sloppy around the 11:00 position on the left boot.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads