• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
214 days and counting for my most recent order. Seems like their new stockist relations are getting ahead in line to our custom orders

can we have a pool, dad?

wordfool

Reaction score
Is the 55 last the same as the semi dress last? I have a pair of bounty hunters from 2016 on the semi dress last, and I recently bought another new pair delivered earlier this year on the 55 last. I'm having a much harder time with the break-in on the arches with this new pair though. The arches feel noticeably higher on the 55 last pair. The sizing is also a little different, with the 55 last feeling slightly longer than my 2016 bounty hunters in the same size.

My understanding is that the 55 is the default SD last, and it certainly seems the same between my BH and SD, but I do think there's a non-trivial amount of pair-to-pair difference, perhaps due to the hands that made them, etc., which seems weird because they're all built on similar lasts.

Can confirm that every pair is different. I have multiple pairs of both BHs and SDs, all built on the 55 last in the same size and all with celastic toes and standard-height heels, and all feel slightly different when I wear them, whether in terms of length, width, arch, lace gap etc. It's something I just put down to the hand-built aspect of the boots -- different people building them, different leather attributes, different day of the week, different degree of hangover etc.. As they break in some of those differences become less evident either through the boot molding to my foot or my feet just getting used to them.

In that respect boots are not unlike some other heritage clothing -- selvedge jeans of the same size that have up to an 0.5" difference in the waist, for example, or the Iron Heart suede jacket I recently bought that was 0.5" longer than the other two of the same size in the store (I asked to measure them knowing there might be some difference).

Luscombe

Reaction score
This leather, combined with the Stitchdown construction, ideally on a soft toe, would make for a hell of a Stevens boot makeup.

Viberg-esque would I dare say....
I bought these Stevens last November and they arrived in April. Standard build with Maryam natural horse butt with structured toe and commando soles. I have been struggling with getting them broken in for the last 7 months. They are starting to feel real comfy if I don't tighten the top rows too much.
The first photo shows the new boots, the other two photos show how they look after 7 months of not a lot of wear. I have not applied any products to them.

I think they are developing a nice patina. That said the leather is still very stiff but getting softer.
An unstructured toe would have created a very slim profile. These are nice the way they are now.
20220413_071019.jpg
Stevens 2.jpg
Stevens 3.jpg

I like the way they fit and look and get lots of compliments.

Phalanx

Reaction score
@Luscombe

Great looking boots; that natural CXL is aging beautifully.

I actually have a couple of questions about the Stevens boots for you guys.
1) How much lighter are they than bounty hunters and MPs?
2) Is there a definitive answer about what last they're built on? I think it's supposed to be the MP last but I've definitely read that people found they fit differently.

Cheers

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Luscombe

2) Is there a definitive answer about what last they're built on? I think it's supposed to be the MP last but I've definitely read that people found they fit differently.

Cheers
According to the White's site, the Stevens boot is built on their 5050 last - a different last than the MP last

Widening Gyre

Reaction score
@Luscombe

Great looking boots; that natural CXL is aging beautifully.

I actually have a couple of questions about the Stevens boots for you guys.
1) How much lighter are they than bounty hunters and MPs?

Cheers
My Stevens are quite a bit lighter than my MP, though not light by any means. They’re lined Maryam horsehides. Kyle adviced me not to have them lined, but I thought I’d ignored that, until now. I just checked, and I did ask for them to be unlined. Oh well, I didn’t notice until now, so…

And they’re definitely 5050.

Abe_Room

Reaction score
My black BHs got a squeak in the right boot. I don't care anymore. I quack with pride now.
But they are breaking in real nicely and my foots almost healed with the new lacing method. All around, I still want some cowboy boots for the quick trip (chisos are looking mighty fine), but I can wait.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My black BHs got a squeak in the right boot. I don't care anymore. I quack with pride now.
But they are breaking in real nicely and my foots almost healed with the new lacing method. All around, I still want some cowboy boots for the quick trip (chisos are looking mighty fine), but I can wait.
I have a pair of standard packers in double midsoles. They really broke in after I walked in them for hours in state fair !!!

Abe_Room

Reaction score
I have a pair of standard packers in double midsoles. They really broke in after I walked in them for hours in state fair !!!
Yeah the black bhs are also double midsole (commando sole, I guess that comes standard with double).
So much stiffer than the singles, but I'm glad it's that way.
Though every time I work through a phase of the break in, a different part starts to hurt, now it's the left inner ankle rubbing on a spot.
Just gonna change around how I wear it, nbd.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the black bhs are also double midsole (commando sole, I guess that comes standard with double).
So much stiffer than the singles, but I'm glad it's that way.
Though every time I work through a phase of the break in, a different part starts to hurt, now it's the left inner ankle rubbing on a spot.
Just gonna change around how I wear it, nbd.
What socks do you wear?
I recommend darn tough with heavy cushion.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear good things about those, none available where I live though. I have lastings whi merino wool socks.
I 'suffered' for months before I bought the heaviest cushion socks from Darn tough.
Send them an email and ask if they would ship to UK.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ALL -

can anyone compare sizing on the 55 last vs. Viberg's 2030?

I'm a 12.5 Brannock & wear a 12 in the 55 last and can occasionally get away with an 11.5 with thin socks. What size would you recommend with Viberg's 2030?
thanks in advance
Only go a half down on the 2030. You are going to want a 12.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads