• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DooDahMan

Reaction score
I hadn't heard any advice from Baker's by the time I ordered my boots, I just based things on the fact that I'm the same size in my 55 boots as my Barrie (or whatever the official name is) lasted boots. They fit exactly like I thought they would, but I don't know if everybody would have the same experience

Yeah I'm not going to lie this has me a little concerned. I contacted Baker's about sizing for a pair on the 5050 but was told to keep the same size as my barrie last. If 5050 is any narrower than the barrie my feet aint gonna fit. Add the fact that it's my most expensive pair of Whites to date (W&C Latigo) and Im a wee bit nervous.

redbaron1980

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not going to lie this has me a little concerned. I contacted Baker's about sizing for a pair on the 5050 but was told to keep the same size as my barrie last. If 5050 is any narrower than the barrie my feet aint gonna fit. Add the fact that it's my most expensive pair of Whites to date (W&C Latigo) and Im a wee bit nervous.

As far as I can tell, they do not feel any more narrow than my Barrie lasted boots in the same size. Maybe from a construction standpoint they are a hair narrower, and that's why Baker's said that, but from having them on my feet I honestly cannot tell any difference between the two lasts in the toe area

mjunderw00d

Reaction score
I’ve got a 5050 MP on order currently. I did a lot of research leading up to the order. Here’s what I was able to find, via threads in here, messages with other members, plus conversations with Kyle:

- he said keep my MP Barrie size, because the MP Barrie toe runs a bit longer than the 55 (for both the MP and 5050)
- someone who had seen and handled these boots in person said the combo of the 55 arch and the MP toe actually means there is a tiny bit more volume in the toe based on the taper of the 55 down to the MP Barrie
- Kyle sized me at an EE in the 55, 5050, and MP Barrie. No width changes between lasts. He just suggested a half size down in MP Barrie and 5050, because of the toe length.

hope any of that info helps out your mind at ease!

DooDahMan

Reaction score
I’ve got a 5050 MP on order currently. I did a lot of research leading up to the order. Here’s what I was able to find, via threads in here, messages with other members, plus conversations with Kyle:

- he said keep my MP Barrie size, because the MP Barrie toe runs a bit longer than the 55 (for both the MP and 5050)
- someone who had seen and handled these boots in person said the combo of the 55 arch and the MP toe actually means there is a tiny bit more volume in the toe based on the taper of the 55 down to the MP Barrie
- Kyle sized me at an EE in the 55, 5050, and MP Barrie. No width changes between lasts. He just suggested a half size down in MP Barrie and 5050, because of the toe length.

It definitely does, thank you! I emailed back and forth with bakers and they agree but I kept reading different things on here and reddit that freaked me out a bit, but most people I takked to had only handled one last or the other and not actually compared them.

I think Im just going to relax about it, sounds like the sizing should work perfectly. Thank you so much!

wordfool

Reaction score

I received similar advice on sizing for my C width feet -- half size down from my 55-last size for the Barrie and 5050 lasts. Having said that, I'm selling my only Barrie-last White's boots because the last just doesn't really work with my narrower feet and I doubt the 5050 will fix that (when or if it's ever offered in C width). Barrie has a slightly wider heel and slightly narrower ball/toe than the 55 last based on my experience (and comments from others) so even if the 5050 fixes the heel issue the toe will still not fit me as well.

I'm slightly baffled when people suggest the Barrie is a "narrow" last. I can only think that they're coming from the perspective of having wider feet overall (or narrower forefoot) than me. From the mid-foot back, the Barrie certainly doesn't fit as snug as the 55 last in my experience.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,

I arrived home to find a "Bakers Family" box on the porch!

These were definitely the longest I've waited for a pair of White's; they were ordered 01 December. Luckily, I had a nice pair of boots (or two) to wear in the meantime ;) , so no harm done. And they were worth the wait! Exactly what I ordered and very well crafted. And as always, Baker's was great to deal with and made sure I got exactly what I wanted.

A standard pair of 690 Packers with just a few minor tweaks - 10" height, roughout oiltan lowers, double midsole, and top hooks instead of eyelets:
IMG_1957.jpg
IMG_1958.jpg
IMG_1959.jpg

The roughout looks a little lighter in the photos than what it actually is. After a coat of oil once they've begun break-in, I think the roughout will look great with the smooth oiltan uppers. And I learned a couple of pairs of boots ago that the double midsole is worth every penny to me on a boot that doesn't have the cushion of a 100 lug sole. The 690 is my favorite "walking around" boot, although if I'm doing much actual work I prefer the stability of the Smokejumpers.

Nothing fancy, but there aren't many Packers posted on here, so I thought you might enjoy a couple photos. Thanks to all who take the time to share photos of all those diverse boots y'all dream up!

Y'all take care!
Regan

ThreeLions

Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,

These were definitely the longest I've waited for a pair of White's; they were ordered 01 December. Luckily, I had a nice pair of boots (or two) to wear in the meantime ;) , so no harm done. And they were worth the wait! Exactly what I ordered and very well crafted. And as always, Baker's was great to deal with and made sure I got exactly what I wanted.

A standard pair of 690 Packers with just a few minor tweaks - 10" height, roughout oiltan lowers, double midsole, and top hooks instead of eyelets:
View attachment 1581833 View attachment 1581834 View attachment 1581835

The roughout looks a little lighter in the photos than what it actually is. After a coat of oil once they've begun break-in, I think the roughout will look great with the smooth oiltan uppers. And I learned a couple of pairs of boots ago that the double midsole is worth every penny to me on a boot that doesn't have the cushion of a 100 lug sole. The 690 is my favorite "walking around" boot, although if I'm doing much actual work I prefer the stability of the Smokejumpers.

Nothing fancy, but there aren't many Packers posted on here, so I thought you might enjoy a couple photos. Thanks to all who take the time to share photos of all those diverse boots y'all dream up!

Y'all take care!
Regan

Regan,

I'm not normally a fan of mixing smooth and rough-out, but those are some really nice looking Packers. If you use them as rough work boots (as I do with my rough-out boots) they will eventually look more like waxed flesh. And... you won't have to worry about scuffing them.

Cool boots. Thanks for sharing.

ThreeLions

Reaction score
Where do you find it narrow? The heel is not as narrow as the 55 last for me, at least. Ball is perhaps a bit narrower.

My 5050 lasted MPs are definitely smaller that 55 lasted SDs. I have them both in 12D so its a direct comparison. I'd say the 5050s feel more like a 12B (maybe even 11.5B).

I also have a pair of BH on the 55 last that are 12C and even they feel considerably wider than the 12D 5050s.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,

View attachment 1581833 View attachment 1581834 View attachment 1581835

Y'all take care!
Regan
Awesome packers!!!! What size do you wear ? I am 12EE and thought my feet would be too wide for packers?

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you find it narrow? The heel is not as narrow as the 55 last for me, at least. Ball is perhaps a bit narrower.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The forefront is absolutely narrow, the heel I agree feels pretty standard. Its the only last I have ever had to size up width on and Im a very comfortable D, even on AE's 65 last which is well known for being narrow.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
Awesome packers!!!! What size do you wear ? I am 12EE and thought my feet would be too wide for packers?

Thank you. I've worn 12D boots most of my life, am a Brannock 12C/D, wear a 11.5E in the 690 Packers and an 11.5E with "close instep" adjustment in the Smokejumpers. I'm pretty certain you can get the 690 in EE width, maybe wider.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I've worn 12D boots most of my life, am a Brannock 12C/D, wear a 11.5E in the 690 Packers and an 11.5E with "close instep" adjustment in the Smokejumpers. I'm pretty certain you can get the 690 in EE width, maybe wider.
Thank you. Would the EE width look awkward in pointed toe packers? I think pointed toe packers could serve me as dress boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics