• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, now thats getting high even for Whites. I got my black hh SDs back in 2019, and the starting price was $559. Thats quite an increase in a short period of time. I could see paying that for hh from another tannery, but for Horween non-shell hh.. yikes.
What were the 2019 prices for Bounty hunters/SDs in 'regular' leathers like CXL etc.?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of prices, how much is discount offered during Father's day sale?

wordfool

Reaction score
What were the 2019 prices for Bounty hunters/SDs in 'regular' leathers like CXL etc.?

Baker's launched a new site last year so without knowing the URLs of the old one it's impossible to crawl the archives. Looks like they upped the price of Shell boots by $100, too, and there's currently a "sale" that knocks $100 off the new price!

Father's Day sale is IIRC 20% (like most of the sales)

redbaron1980

Reaction score
Wow, now thats getting high even for Whites. I got my black hh SDs back in 2019, and the starting price was $559. Thats quite an increase in a short period of time. I could see paying that for hh from another tannery, but for Horween non-shell hh.. yikes.

I wonder if the free HH upgrade Bakers did a while ago had something to do with the price hike. If I recall, somebody from Bakers mentioned they almost cleaned Horween out of HH with that sale

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I recall, standard leathers were around $479? Granted, I still think anything in the $5-600 range is very fair for what Whites does, just don't want them to begin to out price themselves similar to whats happening to Alden in the last few years.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I recall, standard leathers were around $479? Granted, I still think anything in the $5-600 range is very fair for what Whites does, just don't want them to begin to out price themselves similar to whats happening to Alden in the last few years.
I have never bought Aldens only Allen Edmonds. Aldens' current prices are similar to White's but how much were Aldens Indys a few years ago?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never bought Aldens only Allen Edmonds. Aldens' current prices are similar to White's but how much were Aldens Indys a few years ago?
Indy's were around $500-ish maybe $530-40 in standard cxl or the stock calf. Alden typically raises their prices every January, but I bought another pair last March prior to Nyc shutting down and they were $570-ish for the stock 405.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indy's were around $500-ish maybe $530-40 in standard cxl or the stock calf. Alden typically raises their prices every January, but I bought another pair last March prior to Nyc shutting down and they were $570-ish for the stock 405.
Did I ever ask you one of my favorite questions? ?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you were asked to pick one brand between White's and Aldens, which one would be your choice?
Truthfully speaking, I'd go Alden if only because of the variety. I still love dress shoes (even though my wardrobe doesn't require it) and Alden does certain styles that are quintessentially 'American' along with their other boots they offer. The two brands are so far apart from one another in what they do so its not a direct comparison. They're both good brands serving different purposes.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is something to be said about the feel of an Alden, it's a boot that warrants an occasion

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought since Alden boots don't have arch support (or at least not prominent as White's) Alden boots would be more like Allen Edmonds!

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score
Seems I picked a bad time to start looking into my first pair of White's.

Is there are a reason why HH is so much cheaper on Build A Boot? Also, it's only available on the SD, with no options for burgundy, nor medallion cap.

Last edited:

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truthfully speaking, I'd go Alden ... They're both good brands serving different purposes.
As much as I love White's and PNW boots in general, I have to agree with @Mghart...given my lifestyle and east coast proclivities and style of dress, if I could only choose one brand, it would be Alden... but luckily we do not have to choose, and are blessed with an embarrassment of riches!

There is something to be said about the feel of an Alden, it's a boot that warrants an occasion
Agreed! Especially if that occasion is battling Nazis as a globetrotting archeologist in an effort to recover the Ark of the Covenant!
1612964809907.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads