• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long was the wait?

Looks like I ordered November 17th so around 8 weeks. Not terrible if they are right.

I went down .5 a size on these so I hope that they work.

Customization Cost for Wickett & Craig X White's Boots Custom Baker's Bounty Hunter
Wickett & Craig Leathers: Latigo (Baker Exclusive)
Last: Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter)
Leather Liner: Canyon/Red
Lace Design: Lace to Toe
Pull Loops: Leather Pull Loops [ $15.00 ]
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe [ $35.00 ]
Toe Cap: No Thanks
Steel Toe: No Thanks
Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
Top: Rolled Top [ $15.00 ]
Midsole: Single
Edge: Natural
Heel Base: Standard
Heel Lifts: Standard
Sole: Vibram 430 Mini Vib
Sole Trim: Standard Trim (Double Row Stitch)
Height: 7
Size - Length: 11
Size - Width: D (Medium)
Logos / Embossing: No logos or Embossing

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I ordered November 17th so around 8 weeks. Not terrible.

Customization Cost for Wickett & Craig X White's Boots Custom Baker's Bounty Hunter
Latigo!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

redbaron1980

Reaction score
Looks like I ordered November 17th so around 8 weeks. Not terrible if they are right.

I really want to see what this leather looks like as well. Now I'm dying for my MPs to get here in the same leather, even tho it's only been about 3 weeks :)

Saw this post over at GYW, and I'm amazed at how tough the waxed flesh is, and how easy it seems to be to keep looking great

wordfool

Reaction score
Thanks. The MP fits me well and how you describe the 55, sounds like it would fit me even better.

Debating between the Cutter and Cruiser. Since I have the MP I was thinking the Cruiser would look too similar and Cutter would be a nice chunkier look, but maybe too much ?

I'm not a fan of lace-to-toe styles, so I can't really opinionate on the Cutter vs Cruiser. However, there are many ways to differentiate the Cutter/Cruiser from the MP (leathers, sole, heel, welt, toe cap etc.), and I believe there are far more options for that if you go the custom Bounty Hunter route via Baker's (Bounty Hunters are essentially the same as Cruisers/Cutters/Smoke Jumpers built on the 55 last).

discomute

Reaction score
I have the MP and the 55 and the MP fits my foot better (though as I've mentioned I'm not convinced there isn't a manufacturer issue with the 55).

The MP is apparently slimmer and since a D was slightly too wide I got a C in the 55. Same length.

The MP definitely looks like a dressier boot to my eyes, it's all about the toe.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Is lowering a heel something a common cobbler could do? Looks life half of my request for lower block heels went through and I ended up with the worst of both worlds- standard block heels. Baker's said they would message White's but they might be too far into the process to make the change.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is lowering a heel something a common cobbler could do? Looks life half of my request for lower block heels went through and I ended up with the worst of both worlds- standard block heels. Baker's said they would message White's but they might be too far into the process to make the change.
It should be easy if the cobbler is even moderately skilled... heels are a wear item, and have to be able to be replaced or modified... I have had my cobbler raise and lower the heels on my White's... usually when the rubber Quabaug heel cap begins to wear close to the leather heel stack...

Merely changing the rubber cap costs $15.00 per pair, actually raising or lowering the heel by adding or removing leather stacks is an additional $25.00.

By the way, this is my cobbler... a really great guy... if he ever retires, I am screwed... a true gentleman and old school craftsman!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know what this means...

Black Friday sale orders are coming... even those made with W&C leathers!

Yup, I got mine in right before the Black Friday sales to beat the rush since I had a coupon from a previous order delay.

Bronco68

Reaction score
It should be easy if the cobbler is even moderately skilled... heels are a wear item, and have to be able to be replaced or modified... I have had my cobbler raise and lower the heels on my White's... usually when the rubber Quabaug heel cap begins to wear close to the leather heel stack...

Merely changing the rubber cap costs $15.00 per pair, actually raising or lowering the heel by adding or removing leather stacks is an additional $25.00.

By the way, this is my cobbler... a really great guy... if he ever retires, I am screwed... a true gentleman and old school craftsman!

Thanks for sharing. That was awesome, but at the same time sad to see craftsmen becoming endangered. Throw away society has been growing for some time, but went into overdrive with the 1,000 points of light, globalism and the offshoring.

ronscuba

Reaction score
I have the MP and the 55 and the MP fits my foot better (though as I've mentioned I'm not convinced there isn't a manufacturer issue with the 55).

The MP is apparently slimmer and since a D was slightly too wide I got a C in the 55. Same length.

The MP definitely looks like a dressier boot to my eyes, it's all about the toe.
I guess it is all relative. My boots are Allen Edmonds, Grant Stone, Frye and the MP which is my least dressy boot.

wordfool

Reaction score

Ask Baker's if they can do it should White's have missed it. They certainly have the capability.

Tar Nation

Reaction score
Hello everyone, long time reader, first time poster.

I just received my first pair of White’s - BH in cinnamon waxed flesh and had some concerned over fit.

I had Kyle at Baker’s fit me via tracings, but the toes/balls of my feet feel quite roomy. I understand that’s somewhat to be expected with this style, however the lacing is also quite close together and I’m worried about it becoming even more so with age.

Other than that they are great- no heel slip or pain points.

Thanks!

20502BA8-D188-42BD-8A59-B20727478772.jpeg
8A418C09-9C35-4A62-A66E-02942259010B.jpeg
AAF6A799-DA5D-4C33-8A28-D68890A25FB6.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads