• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much quicker turnaround from Bakers/Whites than expected. Maiden outing for the new Burgundy HH MPs. Slapped a little polish on them last night and they're out today. With some polish that burgundy really shines nicely. These are going to be some great looking boots!

Extra eyelets?

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the burgundy’s today
6AD05D47-E841-4102-B334-739EE1769998.jpeg

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Bakers would consider reducing the custom fee if we got a decent sized group together for the natural horsehide. That leather looks excellent!
You could risk cannibalizing the Whisky Shell group buy if you do that... plus I would want to know more about the leather and tannage...

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could risk cannibalizing the Whisky Shell group buy if you do that... plus I would want to know more about the leather and tannage...
That may be smart anyways - whiskey doesn't seem to have the best bets on getting beyond an inquiry anyways....

LaymanX

Reaction score
SO.. I'm new to Custom White's boots.. any tips for a newbie? There's over 1000 pages of discussion!

Looking for a classic boot like the one from PACostag above, should I be getting it directly from Whites or through another vendor like Bakers? Thanks

discomute

Reaction score
SO.. I'm new to Custom White's boots.. any tips for a newbie? There's over 1000 pages of discussion!

Looking for a classic boot like the one from PACostag above, should I be getting it directly from Whites or through another vendor like Bakers? Thanks

Bakers is good at remote sizing, but really to you

Tips - well, ask us questions and we can help. What do you want, what for, etc. Baker's site has custom boots with a good list of options. It will give you an idea of what you can order

redbaron1980

Reaction score
Anybody tell me which Saphir cream polish is closest to the color of brown CXL? The heels on my MPs are getting pretty scuffed and I'd like to hit them with something that'll cover up some of the deeper ones

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome to White's! It really is a fantastic boot company. It can be overwhelming - especially when you start considering all the customization. My advice is: don't consider exotic leathers or using multiple leathers on a build. There are two main decisions you need to make:
1. What style of boot? The MP is probably the most "standard" non-White's style. Semi dress is a great and distinctive boot without getting too high on the ankle. Once you start getting into some of the other styles, you're talking about some high boots. If you're not used to that style I suggest sticking to MP or SD (semi dress) for your first boot.
2. Next big choice is leather. If it's going to be a work boot then a rough-out is a good choice. If not, your 3 main choices (that I would start with) are: normal calf, CXL and horse. Basic leather is like a quality shoe - you can and should polish it and it's a bit stiffer. CXL doesn't really take polish - it's infused and scuffs easy BUT the scuffs also buff out really easy. So, it's a very low maintenance leather and has good water resistance (but some heavy duty leather protector a couple times a year helps too). Horse is a bit thinner than regular cowhide but very durable. You can polish it, but it creases more than regular calfskin - so it shows more character.

3 Color - Brown is going to be the most versatile - sounds like this is your first high quality boot, so I would go with brown in either of the 3 leathers for your first boot.

I would also recommend going with a full non-leather sole for water resistance. I'm not a fan of the 1/2 commando style because if you're in wet conditions you can still get that leather between the 2 commando portions soaked. One of the best parts of owning a pair of these boots is you can literally wear them in any weather condition most of us will see.

In closing I will add that people seem to stress out a bit about sizing for Whites and for most people I think that's unnecessary. White's isn't like the more fashion centric shoe makers. Their lasts aren't narrow anywhere. They fit more like shoes you're probably used to ordering. So, unless you already have difficulty finding shoes that fit you properly, don't stress out about getting the right size. If you've been buying size 10D shoes for 10 years, a 10D in whites boots will fit you.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
couple more photos of the burgundy (after wearing them yesterday) and natural HHs

Attachments

• IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1807.JPG
    IMG_1807.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1808.JPG
    IMG_1808.JPG
    465.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    534.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1812.JPG
    IMG_1812.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1813.JPG
    IMG_1813.JPG
    545.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1814.JPG
    IMG_1814.JPG
    518.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1815.JPG
    IMG_1815.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 129

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads