• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Have you guys been seeing these crazy Norwegian split-toe style boots White's has been making for the Japanese market on Instagram? They look like 55-last boots to me, with a hand-sewn apron and split-toe stitch. Probably the most rugged looking "tanker" boots I've ever seen.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys been seeing these crazy Norwegian split-toe style boots White's has been making for the Japanese market on Instagram? They look like 55-last boots to me, with a hand-sewn apron and split-toe stitch. Probably the most rugged looking "tanker" boots I've ever seen.
Pretty Wild No?
Credit to @honestpanda who posted this a few weeks back. I wonder if these are available in the U.S.?

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Now that I look at those, I reckon that might be the C461 last. I like that last in general, but I'd probably prefer the NST look on something with less toe spring. Really cool though.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Booooooo

Send back the new SDs. I sent them this pic and mentioned how they fit differently. Kyle is at a Tradeshow and still got back to me promptly. Seriously great customer service.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Booooooo

Send back the new SDs. I sent them this pic and mentioned how they fit differently. Kyle is at a Tradeshow and still got back to me promptly. Seriously great customer service.

Boo to you too!
The one on the left is clearly not on the 38 Swing last... that mistake had to make it through both White's and Bakers... unless Bakers sent Whites the wrong build specs.

Nice toe shot!

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty Wild No?
Credit to @honestpanda who posted this a few weeks back. I wonder if these are available in the U.S.?

Here’s an article worth checking out about them. I used Chrome to translate

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s an article worth checking out about them. I used Chrome to translate
White's boots being made overseas... how sad... a once proud American company now making their boots in Asia... say it ain't so. It even seems that they brought the workers to Spokane and trained them to build the boots and take the skills overseas... human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! ;)

Of course I am kidding, and there is a big difference between Vietnamese sweat shops and Japanese craftsman, but still... White's can no longer say they are made exclusively in Spokane, or even exclusively in the U.S... just wait until Nick's finds out, they will have a media field day...

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White's boots being made overseas... how sad... a once proud American company now making their boots in Asia... say it ain't so. It even seems that they brought the workers to Spokane and trained them to build the boots and take the skills overseas... human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! ;)

Of course I am kidding, and there is a big difference between Vietnamese sweat shops and Japanese craftsman, but still... White's can no longer say they are made exclusively in Spokane, or even exclusively in the U.S... just wait until Nick's finds out, they will have a media field day...

The construction is super impressive, from the hand feathered insole to the hand stitched outsole. Masaya Shinshiro Shinjo is super skilled and has to be up there with Minoru Matsuura of Clinch Boots. Would love if these were available here in the US.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The construction is super impressive, from the hand feathered insole to the hand stitched outsole. Masaya Shinshiro Shinjo is super skilled and has to be up there with Minoru Matsuura of Clinch Boots. Would love if these were available here in the US.
I agree... and at $1,200ish dollars at the current exchange rate, they are expensive, but not astronomically so... what do you say @sambam... can you dial up the Asian factory and have 10,000 pairs loaded into a shipping container and sent to Long Beach?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For that level of craftsmanship $1,200 is a very fair price. Those boots look amazing. If they were available locally I’d probably jump on a pair.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just arrived today - distressed smooth soft toe

Also just placed a HH order with Kyle, will update in ~Jan/Feb when they'll likely be done ;)

miggyramone

Reaction score
Boo to you too!
The one on the left is clearly not on the 38 Swing last... that mistake had to make it through both White's and Bakers... unless Bakers sent Whites the wrong build specs.

Nice toe shot!
It's definitely a bummer. The CXL was superb with no loose grain. The fit was not bad until the end of the day when my toes started to spread. That's when I really noticed the difference. Oh well. If they get rebuilt, I'm going to request a toe cap and pay the difference. I really like how the toe cap looks on 38 Swing Last boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads