• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicken1616

Reaction score
I was just perusing my packing slip for my SD rebuilds.No where does the term Semi-Dress appear. They refer to it only as "2332" style. Last is listed as "55". Sole as "Western". I have noticed both White's and Nicks do not refer to Vibram soles by number, but by name. Even to the point, sometimes, they don't know the number of the sole.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Anybody have pics of Brown HH SD's with a medallion toe cap and leather or double leather sole? Thinking I'm gonna go with this build as a dress shoe alternative.

miggyramone

Reaction score
I was just perusing my packing slip for my SD rebuilds.No where does the term Semi-Dress appear. They refer to it only as "2332" style. Last is listed as "55". Sole as "Western". I have noticed both White's and Nicks do not refer to Vibram soles by number, but by name. Even to the point, sometimes, they don't know the number of the sole.
This was frustrating when I bought my first pair of Nicks. I had no idea what a Western sole was and apparently I sucked at google that day. It wasn't til someone told me the number that I was able to find information on it.

chicken1616

Reaction score
image.jpg

discomute

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me the measurements here? First is a BH second is a MS. From the bottom of the heel to the sole.

It would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• 20191026_070843.jpg
    20191026_070843.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 20191026_071006.jpg
    20191026_071006.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 190

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have pics of Brown HH SD's with a medallion toe cap and leather or double leather sole? Thinking I'm gonna go with this build as a dress shoe alternative.
Funny you should ask... I have this exact build and they are my favorite pair of White's... no one will ever confuse them with a dress shoe however....
IMG_3268.JPG
IMG_3266 (1).JPG
IMG_3264 (1).jpg
IMG_3263 (1).jpg
IMG_3262 (1).jpg
IMG_3265 (1).JPG

Last edited:

miggyramone

Reaction score
Thank you legal eagle! That is pretty much the build except I'd get a close trim on them. I think they'd fair well in an office job.

discomute

Reaction score
They are Main Streets - black French calf, no toe cap, cellastic toe. From there I think the Main Streets are pretty stock. Black Edge and black sole thread. I am going to experiment with them and suits for work. Living dangerously.

I was very surprised to be measured as a 10 D given my usual requirements of a narrow foot, but I've read too much of this thread to second guess Kyle & White's, both of which said i was a 10D.

Netvine

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me the measurements here? First is a BH second is a MS. From the bottom of the heel to the sole.

It would be very appreciated.
These also have different midsoles/bottom soles. It can be confusing. To my eye the top photo looks like brown dress semi-dress (internal heel counter). Standard heel height. Not sure what comes standard with bottom one. Is that single midsole -1/4” heel?Looks like 430 mini vibram sole.

top one may have extra layer of midsole That they add for commando?

Last edited:

discomute

Reaction score
These also have different midsoles/bottom soles. It can be confusing. To my eye the top photo looks like brown dress semi-dress (internal heel counter). Standard heel height. Not sure what comes standard with bottom one. Is that single midsole -1/4” heel?Looks like 430 mini vibram sole.

top one may have extra layer of midsole That they add for commando?

Thank you. What exactly is the standard heel height? I'm trying to understand how much difference 1/4 inch would make.

miggyramone

Reaction score
They are Main Streets - black French calf, no toe cap, cellastic toe. From there I think the Main Streets are pretty stock. Black Edge and black sole thread. I am going to experiment with them and suits for work. Living dangerously.

I was very surprised to be measured as a 10 D given my usual requirements of a narrow foot, but I've read too much of this thread to second guess Kyle & White's, both of which said i was a 10D.
Congrats! Those are really nice boots.

Netvine

Reaction score
Thank you. What exactly is the standard heel height? I'm trying to understand how much difference 1/4 inch would make.

on the outside of the inner part of the heel stack, as you have marked them 'red' in the photo... i measure approximately:
just shy of 1/2" or 12mm on standard heel Semi dress and Bounty Hunter 430 mini-vib
and a bit more than 5/8" or 15-16mm on my (+1/4" heel add) Smoke Jumper/Farmer Rancher. 430 mini-vib
It kinda varies from boot to boot for me at this point as they change shape and compress with use.

that is without the Quabaug heel cap by the way. just the leather stack.

I'm certainly not the guy to do it, but one day i hope someone goes through this thread and collates it as was done in that original reddit thread by cathpah that helped so many of us.There certainly is a mountain of new information since then.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads