• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
If I'm ever super rich, I'd like to one day have a real high-backed chair upholstered in that leather. Such a gorgeous pattern.

I actually think the close trim emphasizes any traces of "bulbousness" you'd get in a pair of boots, and the standard trim helps to alleviate it. I've seen a few pairs of boots with really massive trim, but most of the recent examples of whites with standard look good to me because the stitching keeps that midsole shelf pretty visually busy.

On week five now...got the shakes.

yungnoah

Reaction score
If I'm ever super rich, I'd like to one day have a real high-backed chair upholstered in that leather. Such a gorgeous pattern.

I actually think the close trim emphasizes any traces of "bulbousness" you'd get in a pair of boots, and the standard trim helps to alleviate it. I've seen a few pairs of boots with really massive trim, but most of the recent examples of whites with standard look good to me because the stitching keeps that midsole shelf pretty visually busy.

On week five now...got the shakes.
Ah man it’s taken yours 5 weeks? I thought they were coming out a little earlier I don’t want to wait five weeks haha it’s been just a few days and it’s already so hard!

DubbySmurf

Reaction score
Luckily I should have mine Tuesday! Fly back home to the States on Thursday afternoon, one order (not White’s unfortunately) arrives on Friday and then the White’s should be in my hands Tuesday. Love that I found something on eBay!

TH3515

Reaction score
If it's black smooth (the description on ebay just says black but it does look like Smooth and not Dress in the pictures...), the initial impression of the leather can be a bit underwhelming – when new it is uniformly black, dull and can look bland and utilitarian. It is however extremely hard wearing and will with time acquire character and even some shine. You just need some patience – no overnight patina à la CXL here.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few pairs of boots with really massive trim,

I actually request an extra wide trim when ordering from Bakers... heck I almost asked if White's can do three rows... to me the wide welt shelf is one of the signature characteristics of White's Boots... and I love it!

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Ah man it’s taken yours 5 weeks? I thought they were coming out a little earlier I don’t want to wait five weeks haha it’s been just a few days and it’s already so hard!

Yeah, but I think I read somewhere that the "official" wait time is still more like eight weeks or something like that. It's just been that people have been getting theirs in four weeks or less lately. Plus it's a crazy fire season, rolling out all these new MPs...not surprising that there's a lot going on and thus a bit slower to make some weirdo's custom bounty hunters.

I actually request an extra wide trim when ordering from Bakers... heck I almost asked if White's can do three rows... to me the wide welt shelf is one of the signature characteristics of White's Boots... and I love it!

Admittedly I can't remember if the images I remember seeing were actually White's or just similar boots. I think the wide welt shelf looks fine if there's stuff going on there, i.e. the upper leather getting stitched to the midsole, the double row of stitching. I don't think I'd want it any wider than it needs to be as it'd just look like blank space, but after looking at millions of boot images I definitely came to like the double row more than the close trim, especially on larger sized boots. I actually wish the MP could come in a double row welt stitch configuration.

NorthCoast

Reaction score

Interesting. I'm always buying 5" boots but I can see your point about the bigger boots.

In the smaller semi-dress I prefer to let the leather do the talking and not have the stitching be on blast. IMO it's great that Whites will now let you get black stitching vs. white only. I prefer the stitching be unobtrusive and it's easier to maintain when black.

The double row of white stitches on semi-dress just distract me too much from the over all appearance.

Yes I always order close trim. :)

tallyho

Reaction score
The vamp is the toe leather & what makes up the upper front of the boot. Double vamp, lined vamp - its the same thing. This is not uncommon with boots of this ilk, hence why it is not listed in any the build notes. I suspect you're looking at general options at Bakers for the $35 liner upgrade. Currently you cannot do this which is why you cannot find that option on their ordering page. When Bakers lists $35 for a liner, they mean the entire boot to include the shaft - which is what people mean when they say their boot has a liner. The MP is a relatively new addition to the White's lineup & customization is limited to a few leathers, sole & toe cap with all eyelets (MP360 model) or no toe cap with eyelets & hooks (MP365).
When they line, the vamp only-not entire boots (confirmed by Mandy Zoesch at White).
I'm a big fan of toe caps & can attest to the shear beauty & uniqueness of the Cinnamon Waxed Flesh leather.
Me too, I alway love cap toes both for aesthetics and function. Cinnamon WF and natural WF really beautiful.

Zachery Zhu

Reaction score
Folks, I need your help! @sambam

My Colour 8 shell cordovan semi-dress arrived. But I have some worries. You guys can see the welt or trim has some small tear when sewing. Is this a big problem? Does this impact the life of the boots? Its top layer of welt is not cordovan, right? I want to make sure everything is ok then I can start to wear them. Otherwise, I would return them even though I really want a pair of White's cordovan boots.

Enlight42.JPG

Enlight41.JPG

Enlight40.JPG

Enlight39.JPG

Enlight38.JPG

Last edited:

ThatDudeOrion

Reaction score

My Colour 8 shell cordovan semi-dress arrived. But I have some worries. You guys can see the welt or trim has some small tear when sewing. Is this a big problem? Does this impact the life of the boots? It top layer of welt is not cordovan, right? I want to make sure everything is ok then I can start to wear them. Otherwise, I would return them even I really want a pair of White's cordovan boots.

were these a custom order or did you get them from the ebay seller?

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the Semi-Dress in cigar shell cordovan? The seller also has them in color 8.

I saw them, and I lusted after them... sadly they only came in D width and one cannot get a captoe. Nevertheless, I was seriously considering chopping off my little toes so they would fit. (I am only half kidding!)

Rolanberry

Reaction score

My Colour 8 shell cordovan semi-dress arrived. But I have some worries. You guys can see the welt or trim has some small tear when sewing. Is this a big problem? Does this impact the life of the boots? It top layer of welt is not cordovan, right? I want to make sure everything is ok then I can start to wear them. Otherwise, I would return them even I really want a pair of White's cordovan boots.

View attachment 1009150

View attachment 1009151

View attachment 1009152

View attachment 1009153

View attachment 1009154

I'm certain that they use burgundy CXL for the rolled welt and the tongue. I would say the what you are concerned about is normal and is nothing to be worried about. I hope Sambam will say the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads