• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
^thanks:)

Unfortunately you cannot get the MP’s with a soft toe. When I first got into nice boots (this year .. oh my) I couldn’t imagine an unstructured toe. After wearing my soft toe BH’s for a bit now I absolutely love them. Super comfortable & sleek.

chicken1616

Reaction score
New pair of MP's came in this week. Thought I'd share a few pics. Here is the build:

1 x White's Military Police Service Boot - $504.88
SKU: MP360
  • MP Leathers: Brown Dress
  • Sole: Commando Mini Lug Half Sole
  • Size - Length: 11.5
  • Size - Width: D (medium)

Very nice boots. Those pics are a good comparison of the contrast between the colors.

ThreeLions

Reaction score
Well, I bought some Obenauf's Leather Oil for my roughout SJs. After scrubbing with saddle soap and a thorough drying here's how they looked:

cSSgDhf.jpg

Nice and clean, but the leather felt really dry. I knew Obenauf's would darken the leather, but also protects it really well.

B03nVf4.jpg

I prefer the lighter color but the leather feels much more supple once it's been oiled. After I had oiled both boots, I left them to sit in the full sun for a while. The edges of the mid sole and heal stack soaked up loads of oil.

After a couple days they look like this:

DY6n2hw.jpg

Thats already a bit lighter and I'm happy with it. I think they'll lighten a little more as I wear them.

While I was at it, I gave my black SJ's a quick saddle soap cleaning. I got them covered in salt water the other day, so figured I should probably get any salt residue off. I normally use Obenauf's HD LP on these, but since I had the oil out I thought I'd try it out on the smooth leather. I put on a pretty heavy coat and left them sitting in the sun. It all soaked in and I gave them some more. That soaked in too. I also oiled the kilties of both pairs of boots. They soaked up a ton of the oil and are now nice and soft.

1jSsXyS.jpg

The next day I re-laced the boots. That's all I've done to these. Apply the oil and let it soak in, they didn't even need a wipe down. I think that going forward (with the black SJs), I'm going to continue to periodically treat them with HD LP as it waterproofs really well. But, after saddle soaping, I'll oil them as I have here first.

yungnoah

Reaction score
Hey All!

New to the forum as a member, long time lurker. Just placed my order directly through White's so I decided I would send you guys an update with my makeup so you all can enjoy the wait with me. I've been anticipating this order and bouncing back and forth on wants forever but I narrowed it down and we are all good now.

Smoke Jumper

Last: Standard
Toe Vamp Leather: Natural CXL
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Natural CXL
Height: 8"
Counter Leather: Natural CXL
Leather Liner: N/A
Toe Cap: N/A
Toe Cap Leather Color: N/A
Celastic Toe Box: Single
Steel Toe: N/A
Hardware: Brass
Top: Rolled
Midsole: Single
Edge: Natural
Sole: 1/2 Comp TPU
Lace Design: Standard
Size - Length: 11
Size - Width: D

So now the wait begins! Can't wait to receive them, will definitely be updating with pictures once the boots arrive.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Oops - I guess you're not the only one ordering an 8" BH/SJ in Natty CXL from White's today then haha. If I didn't just a pair of Roberts in a similar color I'd be ordering one too - with Medalion toe cap!
Keep us posted - I never get tired of seeing that beautiful leather

yungnoah

Reaction score
Oops - I guess you're not the only one ordering an 8" BH/SJ in Natty CXL from White's today then haha. If I didn't just a pair of Roberts in a similar color I'd be ordering one too - with Medalion toe cap!
Keep us posted - I never get tired of seeing that beautiful leather
Oh wow that’s a huge coincidence haha! Yeah I’m so stoked to get them, White’s uses incredible CXL.

tallyho

Reaction score
I'm confusing between Double vamp(DVP) vs unlined in MP's boots. What will be better?

DubbySmurf

Reaction score
Just got a pair of SD on eBay in what I hope is my size. Here’s to hoping that they fit and also that I don’t fall in love with them and immediately order a second pair. They aren’t my preferred sole or leather, but for the price and size they should be a good try on pair.

yungnoah

Reaction score
Just got a pair of SD on eBay in what I hope is my size. Here’s to hoping that they fit and also that I don’t fall in love with them and immediately order a second pair. They aren’t my preferred sole or leather, but for the price and size they should be a good try on pair.
Congrats! What’s the makeup?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads