• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
After a lengthy wait, I’m one of you guys now!

Ordered thru Baker’s. MP last, 11.5d heel and 11.5e front, unstructured, though I think wish I had done 12 or 12e. My problem is always space in the toe box.

Anyhow, olive waxed flesh, they’re gorgeous, really love the style and quality. I feel like I’m a White’s guy for the foreseeable future. Desperately want a swing last next. And then some nat waxed flesh…
Nice! I had no clue you could order a combination last. Natural waxed flesh looks pretty good from photos I have seen

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a lengthy wait, I’m one of you guys now!

Ordered thru Baker’s. MP last, 11.5d heel and 11.5e front, unstructured, though I think wish I had done 12 or 12e. My problem is always space in the toe box.

Anyhow, olive waxed flesh, they’re gorgeous, really love the style and quality. I feel like I’m a White’s guy for the foreseeable future. Desperately want a swing last next. And then some nat waxed flesh…
Love these waxed flesh boots. I have a few pairs but none in waxed flesh leather.
Out of curiosity, what size did Baker’s recommend?
They were spot on when they seized my feet.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Love these waxed flesh boots. I have a few pairs but none in waxed flesh leather.
Out of curiosity, what size did Baker’s recommend?
They were spot on when they seized my feet.
10EE, which is very small for me. That’s my HTT measurement. HTB is 12C. I wear 12 in Alden, Viberg, Lofgren, etc., sneakers in 12.5 or 13. 11.5 generally doesn’t fit in most boot brands, though 12 often can leave me with appreciable heel slip.

The waxed flesh lives up to the hype. Gorgeous, great texture.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10EE, which is very small for me. That’s my HTT measurement. HTB is 12C. I wear 12 in Alden, Viberg, Lofgren, etc., sneakers in 12.5 or 13. 11.5 generally doesn’t fit in most boot brands, though 12 often can leave me with appreciable heel slip.

The waxed flesh lives up to the hype. Gorgeous, great texture.
The patina waxed flesh leather develops over time is special.

DG123

Reaction score
Nice! I had no clue you could order a combination last.
All shoes/boot Lasts are "combination", that is a heel two widths more narrow than the ball. In other words a D width is actually a B/D, and E width is actually C/E etc... (but brands stopped marking their sizes with the two widths long ago, and I believe Alden is the only company that still marks their footwear with both widths).

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stevens Cap Toe, 5050, Burgundy Horsehide.
20230719_123752.jpg

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love Burgundy HH. I have seen your Alden boots on Facebook. I think you have accumulated fine looking boot collection.

WestLinn

Reaction score
Even the standard builds are pretty damn heavy and probably heavy enough to aggravate knee/back problems (speaking as someone with knee/back problems myself). Thankfully I never went crazy with my custom SD and BH builds -- all single midsole, relatively practical leathers and soles, etc., minimal weirdness (just a few alternate tongues and backstays), and all at the more reasonable prices and wait times of a few years back. I still have too many pairs, of course, but I'm probably set for life if I look after them.

TBH even if I wanted/needed another pair of White's I'd think twice at today's prices and wait times. Makes me wonder what will become of all the PNW boot makers if/when the Americana trend wanes. I hope a few stick around long-term.
By Americana you mean hipsters and I guess people forget that these companies were founded selling boots not to hipsters but to people who by them to actually do work in them. I think the hipster trend has helped them but I suspect they will still be selling boots to the trades for the foreseeable future. And they continue to innovate and develop new products. And I think there are a lot of buyers who may not work in the trades but have for many years bought “genuine American craftsmanship” and will continue to do so. And every PAC NW boot maker is privately owned, except Whites but they are owned by a Japanese company. And Sears was was driven into oblivion by Ed Lampert, who pocketed millions along the way. And so if these boot makers don’t over leverage themselves they should be able to decide on their own how long they stay in business. I’m guessing once the hipster trend wears out, the wait times will shrink significantly and prices increases might not be as aggressive.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kenl14

Reaction score
hello all, just about to order a bison bounty hunter from baker's. I have been searching bison SJ, BH and SD on the internet and see the bison hides varies a lot from larger pebble pattern to some cracking like pattern(not really cracks on the leather but just pattern). I am wondering whether or not I can talk to baker for some specific bison hide pattern I fancy at.

Anyone experience when building on these leather with distinctive patterns?

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
hello all,I am wondering whether or not I can talk to baker for some specific bison hide pattern I fancy at.

Anyone experience when building on these leather with distinctive patterns?

Baker's sources the custom leathers & sends them to White's. It would be a lot of work(not gonna happen) to roll out every hide & find the magic spot to die cut for you.
That said, it surely doesn't hurt to try. If it were me, I would call & ask to talk to Kyle or Brandon. You'll likely have to wait for a call back but those are your guys.
best of luck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads