• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mjunderw00d

Reaction score
Their LA store is great, though I had to walk past it twice before finding it. There's a Viberg thread on here as well that you'd probably get more interest on.
totally. I've just seen a handful of Viberg comments in here before, so figured I'd share. We all love us some beautiful boots haha

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from Baker's that my BF boots just had to be restarted and will take another few weeks.
Hang in there buddy!
I have been wearing my first pair of White's (the second pair is going to be rebuild) and at this point I think I have to sell all of my AE boots (on a huge loss, of course) but to wear other than White's is not fair to my feet : )

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Hang in there buddy!
I have been wearing my first pair of White's (the second pair is going to be rebuild) and at this point I think I have to sell all of my AE boots (on a huge loss, of course) but to wear other than White's is not fair to my feet : )

Which pair needed a rebuild? What went wrong? I thought both of your pairs were the same last/size.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which pair needed a rebuild? What went wrong? I thought both of your pairs were the same last/size.
The British Tan! one of the boots had a nick and I also had originally ordered with 1/4 higher heel, Baker's recommended higher heel for additional arch support. I wanted more arch support in 55 last but didn't want to go to 4811.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
In other White's news I impulse bought a very cheap pair of Plainsman's on eBay which came today. The only issue is I am now remembering how much I hate how pull-on boots fit.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other White's news I impulse bought a very cheap pair of Plainsman's on eBay which came today. The only issue is I am now remembering how much I hate how pull-on boots fit.
roger that! I have 'cheaper' Frye's pull-on boots, hate them!

wordfool

Reaction score
Welp, after a painful afternoon I've decided to exit the White's Barrie-last club and sell my MP-M1s (size 10C in black WF if anyone's interested!). My feet have just never agreed with them. My 55-last boots start off slightly uncomfortable when I crank down the laces but quickly become comfortable as walk in them. My MPs start off more comfortable but slowly get more uncomfortable as I walk in them, not helped by the fact that one is perhaps a smidge too short for my larger foot so the edge of one big toe rubs against the toebox welt seam (Baker's had me size down a half size from my BHs and SDs).

Question is, what do I replace them with... for replace them I must! Bounty Hunters or MP-55s? Does anyone have both the BH/SJ on the 55 last and the MPs on the 55 last? I'm curious what difference there is, if any, in overall fit. Yes the last is the same, but the upper patterns are slightly different, and maybe also the midsole/heel?

I'm currently pondering a 6" BH, black roughout vamp, counter, backstay and medallion toecap, black dress upper with half-gusset tongue (to make them a touch less hot than all RO), block heel, commando sole. But then I worry I'll just look like a wannabe hotshot so perhaps I should gussy the build up with a CXL #8 backstay and tongue or something like that. Anyone done a combo black/burgundy build?

Last edited:

climbinglife

Reaction score
I thought I was sour to the wait before... 9 weeks to get the boots, which wasn't bad and now back at Bakers because White's screwed it up. Now waiting for the new order to be officially placed for them to do it all over again.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you buy them from White's Ebay store?

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, after a painful afternoon I've decided to exit the White's Barrie-last club and sell my MP-M1s (size 10C in black WF if anyone's interested!). My feet have just never agreed with them. My 55-last boots start off slightly uncomfortable when I crank down the laces but quickly become comfortable as walk in them. My MPs start off more comfortable but slowly get more uncomfortable as I walk in them, not helped by the fact that one is perhaps a smidge too short for my larger foot so the edge of one big toe rubs against the toebox welt seam (Baker's had me size down a half size from my BHs and SDs).

Question is, what do I replace them with... for replace them I must! Bounty Hunters or MP-55s? Does anyone have both the BH/SJ on the 55 last and the MPs on the 55 last? I'm curious what difference there is, if any, in overall fit. Yes the last is the same, but the upper patterns are slightly different, and maybe also the midsole/heel?

I'm currently pondering a 6" BH, black roughout vamp, counter, backstay and medallion toecap, black dress upper with half-gusset tongue (to make them a touch less hot than all RO), block heel, commando sole. But then I worry I'll just look like a wannabe hotshot so perhaps I should gussy the build up with a CXL #8 backstay and tongue or something like that. Anyone done a combo black/burgundy build?
Im a big fan of the MP pattern, and the 5050 last was a cool make up. I would definitely explore and maybe tweak length and/or width to accommodate.

wordfool

Reaction score
Im a big fan of the MP pattern, and the 5050 last was a cool make up. I would definitely explore and maybe tweak length and/or width to accommodate.

Sadly the 5050 last is not yet available in C width and I've no idea when it will be, but TBH I probably would prefer the slightly taller toe shape of the 55 and I don't really notice much of a difference between the top-down profile of the two shapes. The MP-55 would be marginally cheaper than a similar BH build, assuming the dual leather option is not an upcharge, and at least I know the 55 last fits me well.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly the 5050 last is not yet available in C width and I've no idea when it will be, but TBH I probably would prefer the slightly taller toe shape of the 55 and I don't really notice much of a difference between the top-down profile of the two shapes. The MP-55 would be marginally cheaper than a similar BH build, assuming the dual leather option is not an upcharge, and at least I know the 55 last fits me well.
Right. but if your toes are bothering you now in a C, maybe a D would be perfect. That Barrie last is super super narrow. I am a D in everything, and didn't find a fit that was great until I stepped up into an E on it.

wordfool

Reaction score
Right. but if your toes are bothering you now in a C, maybe a D would be perfect. That Barrie last is super super narrow. I am a D in everything, and didn't find a fit that was great until I stepped up into an E on it.

My problem is always the heel, and even on the slightly shorter Barrie size my heel still doesn't feel super snug so I'm loathed to go wider.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads