• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cucinelli Vest thoughts

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
Not sure where the thread starter lives, but if you are in the NYC, CT, or SF (CA) area, Mitchells, Richards, and Wilkes-Bashford have much better looking vests by Loro Piana and other Italian (lesser known) makers starting at $500, and going up to $2,000.00

These 3 stores (owned by the same family), also have their own Cucinelli boutiques (at least Mitchells and Richards do) --- and you'll have a few BC vests to choose from.

It might be worth it to check them out on line, and call the store to see what they have in your size.

These 3 stores are very expensive, but your vest is about 3.5 K overpriced.

If you are smart enough to earn enough dough to drop upwards of 5K on a vest, then you must be smart enough to know that a $80 steak isn't worth $800.

BC cashmere is on par with Loro Piana cashmere --- so wrap your head around the fact that Loro Piana provides J. Crew with all of its cashmere sweaters. It comes from the Loro Piana mill in Italy.

Cashmere is not vicuna.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

BC cashmere is on par with Loro Piana cashmere --- so wrap your head around the fact that Loro Piana provides J. Crew with all of its cashmere sweaters. It comes from the Loro Piana mill in Italy.

LP also provides fabric to Jos. A Bank. Let's not pretend one of the (if not the) largest fabric producers in the world is cranking out every cloth, fiber and yarn at the same level of quality. Furthermore, let's not pretend that construction is an after-thought to materials used.

To the OP, that vest is laughably over-priced. And that's coming from someone who loves (and wears) both vests and Cucinelli...

Last edited:

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score

LP also provides fabric to Jos. A Bank. Let's not pretend one of the (if not the) largest fabric producers in the world is cranking out every cloth, fiber and yarn at the same level of quality. Furthermore, let's not pretend that construction is an after-thought to materials used.

BB - no pretending here...

I was directing the poster to Mitchells or Richards (or Wilkes Bashford), where they only sell the best - Cucinelli, LP, Zegna, Golden Goose, and where they have an Italian made house brand that holds up well to BC...

But where he can also get his vest for a hell of a lot less than 4.5K

Last edited:

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB - no pretending here...

I was directing the poster to Mitchells or Richards (or Wilkes Bashford), where they only sell the best - Cucinelli, LP, Zegna, Golden Goose, and where they have an Italian made house brand that holds up well to BC...

But where he can also get his vest for a hell of a lot less than 4.5K
Golden Goose
puzzled.gif

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
Agreed!

It has become more of a luxe brand though.

The current season looks promising.

Last edited:

rlevine

Reaction score
Apologies temporarily lost track of this, but appreciate the thoughts.
I came to a similar conclusion to consensus here - overpriced given the fabric (esp nylon interior) and am not buying. But still haven't found anything I like quite as much. Maybe next season...

Also specifically on LP I haven't seen a vest from them that I like... they all seem a but too flat/thin to my tastes.

sighrus

Reaction score
I'm on a Cucinelli binge at the moment and just purchased like 10 pieces in the past week. (Knitwear, pants, jackets, and a vest)

I went to the outlet in CA and got a beautiful goose down wool vest for about $1000.

This is vastly overpriced. I would explore the outlets or Ebay.

BTW, the cotton pants are amazing and have the most comfort, style, and best fit out of anything I've tried including incotex and kiton.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads