• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
FYI, I don't have access to the signup page
View attachment 2014419

Either way, I'm interested in a pair of Conistons. I reached out to Alex to see if they would greenlight a pair of dark brown shell hatchgrain and if that's not possible, I'll jump on this russian hatch grain one (ideally, 4/4 + rubber soles)!
Nice - if they have the leather, you’ll love those hatch shell Conistons!

…of course, we’d love to have you on this one, too (and speaking from experience, you may like having both boots 😉)

Let us know how it works out…

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I don't have access to the doc, but I'm interested, preferably 4 speed hooks. Gotta get some russian calf before it gets to shell levels of expensive.
You’re not kidding!! Such a unique leather though…

I can read it now but i am unable to write, if you don't mind, you can put me in UK10 (prefer ridgeway & speedhooks).
Done

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was able to edit the spreadsheet in the past (last week even), but now I cannot. I have view privileges but I'm unable to edit.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did that, only to have people who signed up drop out when the time came to put in the orders and the whole thing went from eight names to three.
What you learned my good fellow, is what happens when 1. original GMTO spec’s start to get adjusted, 2. price gets adjusted, 3. 6 months pass after an initial GMTO is proposed. It appears C&J is perhaps learning the error of their ways by at least dropping the number of participants required down to six.

Gustaf

Reaction score
What you learned my good fellow, is what happens when 1. original GMTO spec’s start to get adjusted, 2. price gets adjusted, 3. 6 months pass after an initial GMTO is proposed. It appears C&J is perhaps learning the error of their ways by at least dropping the number of participants required down to six.

Indeed, your analysis is spot on. I just want to be clear that of course everyone is entitled to drop out at any time - signing up is not binding in any way. The issue is with me - I get impatient and frustrated when I feel that time has been lost. But yes, I do think the main key to closing more GMTOs in reasonable time would be C&J reducing the threshold for fully waived fees. That, or allowing more variations in spec; as an example, it seems at least half of derailed GMTOs do so due to conflicting sole preferences.

isaho1

Reaction score
Gents, I am still getting the error message when opening the Google sheet, "File is on owner's trash". Do I need to do something?

With reference to the Sep 1 price increase, I wonder if it would be possible to gather eight brave men for the Russian Grain Coniston? Who is onboard?

@owenshill @Coolhand0302 @SteveL91 @joecrouton @nishant @isaho1 @stephenaf2003

Edit: The price is confirmed at £950. The spec is exactly as stated in the MTO sheet, i.e. Ridgeway, exposed eyelets, regular tongue (changed from half bellows due to the following information from Alex at C&J: "We don’t make styles in Russian Grain with bellows tongues, as the leather isn’t suitable, due to it being veg tanned and not water resistant. So, these can only be made with standard tongues.").

Edit 2: Just got this clarification from Alex:

"To avoid any confusion, this price increase will not affect any GMTO that have already been quoted after March 2023. It will mostly affect single MTOs. As the factory is extremely busy, they are happy to accept 6 participants as a minimum."

So the price of £950 will not be affected by the Sep 1 price increase as it was quoted after March. What has changed is that six participants are enough.
Im in. Cant access the page on google sheet.

bemk

Reaction score
... That, or allowing more variations in spec; as an example, it seems at least half of derailed GMTOs do so due to conflicting sole preferences.

I don't want to generalise, but I guess I'm not alone and think it's often a brain thing:
I'm debating with myself joining the Whiskey Shell Lindrick. Would I make this a special order with C&J I would surely take the Dainite for my urban life (Ridgeway for walking the countryside) but definitely speedhooks on the upper half.
Being it an MTO implies options and this creates wishes, but it's a GMTO and that's a bit as if C&J anounces it with fixed specs. And would they do: Hey, I would just buy it. It's a dream anyway.

I guess I'll be in tomorrow morning. My biggest problem is, that I know I will want a Whiskey Shell belt then. This is one expensive boot. 🤡

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My boots are at the spanish customs for clearance. Whish you best of luck guys.
I have to say that my boots never got shipped although I had custom/clearance notifications for due import payments. Last week I contacted Alex to clarify my order status so I mentioned her that a complementary pair of boot laces would be nice to add due to production delays. I got no reply for such a request, ha.:violin:

Ps.-Hope all boots to be shipped today as she told us.

Style989

Reaction score
I have to say that my boots never got shipped although I had custom/clearance notifications for due import payments. Last week I contacted Alex to clarify my order status so I mentioned her that a complementary pair of boot laces would be nice to add due to production delays. I got no reply for such a request, ha.:violin:

Ps.-Hope all boots to be shipped today as she told us.
Damn, that's cold. laces are what? £4? Maybe they'll come in the box

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Russian Grain Coniston GMTO

With the renewed interest in getting this order over the line and into the factory, we’re starting to close out the GMTO.

If you want to join the order before it closes, please let us know here - final specs are as follows:

ModelConiston
Last325
WidthE (regular)
LeatherRussian Grain
ColorBrown
Welt360 Storm (Mid Brown Leather)
SoleRidgeway (Dark Brown)
Edge FinishMid Brown / matching
EyeletsAntique brass (4 exposed eyes +4 speedhooks)
TongueStandard
Pull TabYes
Price£950 (£792 ex VAT)

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a shipping notification? Regarding the roughout Islay
Maybe they’ll give us with some kind of notification tomorrow 😂. Eventually we’ll see them.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barbarawengere