• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just received my brown Marlows as well, and I would call this brown pretty dark - similar to Alden's recent darker "cigar" releases. These pics were taken from my iPhone so are not the greatest representation, especially the picture on my desk which makes them appear to be black which they are not, but they still convey the overall dark brown color of this shell. The finish is amazing and they look great regardless of color, but I'm considering listing them on B&S given that this last is tinkering on being to full for the ball/circumference of my foot and given that I purchased four other shell shoes in March.

Agree that this batch does seem pretty dark. I would say they are probably about the same as my Lindricks. I would have preferred a bit lighter on both of them, but I also would have preferred a bit lighter for my whiskey Marlows too. Either way, beautifully finished shoes and I think I will really enjoy them.

ErikW

Reaction score
Whiskey Shell Cordovan PTB Grasmere arrived today! My first pair of English made shoes. Absolutely love this last and the finishing.

Love Aldens, but I think I am jumping onto the CJ/E.G. Bandwagon

Paired with Whsikey Shell Cordovan strapped Omega CK2998

Those came out GREAT! Can't wait to see my pair. Out for delivery now.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again these are iPhone pictures, but here is the Lindrick and Marlow side-by-side. To my eye in the photos and in real life, they are identical shades, fairly dark.

Looking at the beautiful finishing on my new Marlows, it makes me regret trying to remove the extra color/creme with Renovateur and VSC. My Lindricks look pretty lusterless. Everyone talks about wiping down the excess creme and letting the shell itself shine through, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong with them.

Last edited:

mdubya

Reaction score
I think those are going to look amazing after some wear and some sun. Definitely not the darkest shade of brown shell I've seen in the last year - some of the AE stuff I've seen is bordering on black.

ErikW

Reaction score
The C&J Whiskey "Marlow PTB"/Grasmere GMTO is in! Took a few quick photos this afternoon. Lighting wasn't great - they look a bit darker in the photos then they actually are. Love the color and last.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful PTB!

I'm warming up to the idea of a PTB. I'd consider a whiskey Marlow PTB with blind eyelets on a double leather sole for sure.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes. Those PTBs are fantastic! Really nice. I just listed my shortwing Marlows if anyone is interested. Just spent way too much cash over the past few months on shoes so trying to recoup some.

mdubya

Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes. Those PTBs are fantastic! Really nice. I just listed my shortwing Marlows if anyone is interested. Just spent way too much cash over the past few months on shoes so trying to recoup some.

Just want to say props for a very fair price... some SF member is going to get a great pair of shoes at a great price without the 4 month wait...

ErikW

Reaction score
Those PTBs looks great! I have not heard anything from Lauren, though.
frown.gif

Hmm...You should ping her if you don't hear anything soon. I was notified Friday morning and had them by EOD Monday.

Beautiful PTB!

I'm warming up to the idea of a PTB. I'd consider a whiskey Marlow PTB with blind eyelets on a double leather sole for sure.

Super versatile shoe! Perfect for warm weather.

Thanks! Was worth the effort and wait.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed the wheeling in the Warlow Pembroke... the Lindrick double leather soles had wheeling. Hard to tell on the new Marlows from recent images..

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8