• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Averroes1198

Reaction score
325 is much nicer than the 335 last
smile.gif

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK WE HAVE DONE IT!! LINDRICK GMTO is full at 12!! Thanks everyone for your patience as we gathered the people.

@bcloudy - one of the 13 has not been responding so you are still in. But thank you for your graciousness in offering to let someone else have your spot. You are a true gentleman.

Below is a list of the final 12 participants:

@mosy
@louisnkh
@bcloudy
@kwhitelaw
@stephenaf2003
@Vincent Chanal
@KPDarb
@JayDotz
@IGotId
@mrsolitonwave
@sacMonkey
@BackInTheJox

On Sat night or Sunday I will PM each of you to remind you to email Lauren with your sizes, any special specs (like metal toe taps), and mailing address. And at some point you'll probably have to call her with your payment info - unless that can be done via email as well - we'll have to ask her. I'll also include her email address and phone number.

Thanks everyone!!

Reminder PM's have been sent to all 12 members. Looking forward to having this awesome boot go into production very soon!!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks mosy!

Just trying to get my size finalized/dialed in here. An 8.5D (US) fits me best in the Marlow. Same last, so I assume same size for Lindrick. But would that be a 7.5E or 8E? I have always read and been told that the US to UK conversion is one full size, but I've seen people on here suggest 0.5.

Thoughts?

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BackInTheJox I believe most do a full size. I do that (9d in Marlow so 8e for UK). I believe the exception might be if you have a wider foot (borderline E us or wider), or perhaps if you have a higher instep. In that case, where you'll need a bit more room, I think some will only size down half.

Last edited:

Vincent Chanal

Reaction score
Hum, well, my opinion is that Marlow was sold in UK size but the D was a english E.
My experience : I wear Marlow in "8D" and Coniston and Pembroke in 8UK (same last).

I tried Skye in 7,5 and it was ok but its a different last.

My 2 cents.

Vincent.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hum, well, my opinion is that Marlow was sold in UK size but the D was a english E.
My experience : I wear Marlow in "8D" and Coniston and Pembroke in 8UK (same last).

I tried Skye in 7,5 and it was ok but its a different last.

My 2 cents.

Vincent.

Hmmm....well now I'm more confused.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks mosy!

Just trying to get my size finalized/dialed in here.  An 8.5D (US) fits me best in the Marlow.  Same last, so I assume same size for Lindrick.  But would that be a 7.5E or 8E?  I have always read and been told that the US to UK conversion is one full size, but I've seen people on here suggest 0.5.  

Thoughts?

I wear Marlow Wingtips, loafers, and tassels in U.S. 8.5D. They are tight fit in all of them. Most of my C&Js are U.K. 8E.

I am Brannock U.S. 9D.

Vincent Chanal

Reaction score
In my opinion, if you have Marlow Wingtip in 8.5D US, you should take Lindrick in 8.5E UK. I think that RL keep the english size on the american market but convert the UK E width to US D.
So if you are 9D US usualy with other brand (like Alden except for Barrie), take 8.5uk for the Lindrick.

Vincent

kczsilence

Reaction score
Figured I'd ask before going in on my own. Unable to purchase a similar boot to the Zug Snowdon. So looking to go for a Zug Snowdon, round 2.

We able to gather 12 even with the known issues of no faux captoe? I definitely should've joined the original run, ah well.

Will keep this up for a bit till end of month I think.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm....well now I'm more confused.

I wear Marlow Wingtips, loafers, and tassels in U.S. 8.5D. They are tight fit in all of them. Most of my C&Js are U.K. 8E.

I am Brannock U.S. 9D.

In my opinion, if you have Marlow Wingtip in 8.5D US, you should take Lindrick in 8.5E UK. I think that RL keep the english size on the american market but convert the UK E width to US D.
So if you are 9D US usualy with other brand (like Alden except for Barrie), take 8.5uk for the Lindrick.

Vincent

BackInTheJox, my experience is similar to Churchill. Basically if your Marlows fit perfectly, I would go down a full size for UK. If your Marlows are tight (like churchill's), then only go down a half size.

Vincent, I totally respect your opinion and I'm not doubting your experience. However I believe you are virtually alone in ordering identical sizing between US sized Marlows and UK sized shoes or boots on the same last and having a similar fit. I believe all of the Marlow wearers on this forum acknowledge that they are in US sizing (both in length and width) and that in order to get the proper fit in UK sizing one must size down. The main debate is whether it should be a full size or a half size.

One theory I have for your experience is that perhaps for you, based on how your US Marlows fit, you only needed to size down a half size for UK. For whatever reason you didn't size down at all and you got the same size as your US Marlow. So you were only a half size off. And since your Marlows were shoes and your UK comparison were boots, perhaps you didn't feel like they were a half size too big, because with boots a half size big is not such a big deal, because the laced up boot keeps the foot secure.

I could be wrong of course, and perhaps you indeed don't need to size down at all from US sized Marlow to UK comparison. However if that's truly the case, you are the first person I have come across to have that experience.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys are making it difficult on yourselves. take your true US brannock size and subtract one. that will give you your UK size. C&J 325 and 335 are typically true to size.

forget comparing RL sizing. nobody knows definitively if they went 0.5 or 1 size different than UK.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you guys are making it difficult on yourselves. take your true US brannock size and subtract one. that will give you your UK size. C&J 325 and 335 are typically true to size.

forget comparing RL sizing. nobody knows definitively if they went 0.5 or 1 size different than UK.

I agree with that. However some people know their Marlow size better than their Branock, and therefore want work off of that.

Vincent Chanal

Reaction score
Hi Mosy,

I have to admit one thing, you are right in theory. I checked my marlow box this morning and its written : 8E US and 7UK.
I have very surprised because I feel like Pembroke in 8UK in my Marlow or mayabe a big 7.5UK but definitily not a 7uk.
I am more confused than before!

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Mosy,

I have to admit one thing, you are right in theory. I checked my marlow box this morning and its written : 8E US and 7UK.
I have very surprised because I feel like Pembroke in 8UK in my Marlow or mayabe a big 7.5UK but definitily not a 7uk.
I am more confused than before!

My suggestion would be to ask Lauren for some sizing guidance. She's familiar with many of the lasts and she deals with dozens and dozens of customers so hopefully she can point you to the correct size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads