• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

slows2k

Reaction score
Not teasing you but it is one of the sturdier boxes that I have.

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. I hate paying good money for nice shoes only to get a flimsy box (looking at you Alden). The best boxes I've run into so far are from Carmina; sturdy and great looking. Meermin actually has really sturdy ones too, but they're not interesting to look at.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Slows2k I feel ashamed at how much better those shoes look after you did your thing with them!

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marlows in black calf. Maiden voyage this morning.

Debated whether I "needed" black shoes... but then found this pair at a good price. They should be a nice addition to my C&J/RL family.

AHS

nice! what's a "good price" and where?

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anything more than 60% off retail is considered good to me

Retail on these is $895. A bit high IMO if you consider that that the shell model is only $100 more if you buy directly from RL.

I paid approx $485 on ebay with no shipping or taxes. I would have preferred, of course, to pay less... but they were new in the box and I am very pleased with them.

AHS

NewStart

Reaction score
I was joking @AHS

The shoes are lovely and the price is amazing enough that it does not matter if they are black

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was joking @AHS

The shoes are lovely and the price is amazing enough that it does not matter if they are black

I actually use the 60% discount as my benchmark. :) Being active on SF has been an expensive proposition -- but it has made me relentless in looking for cheap deals and (always) the lowest possible price.

AHS

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Says made in England. And doesn't have Made in Italy script on the bottom.

EG and G&G have made the 'made in england' purple label shoes in the past. To me the shape looks like the GG06 last from G&G in a narrow (UK "D") width . Very few nails on the heel though...

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Definitely not Made in England, RL description are often wrong.
This shoe have the same details and description says Made in Italy: http://www.ralphlauren.fr/product/index.jsp?productId=48502671

Both have the embossed circle on the heel-side like all RL Made in Italy shoes.

Anyway the soles look similar to this Ovadia & Sons Made in Italy shoe (certainly inspired by Marlow PTB...)
http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/1855244/a/652156/ovadia-sons-snuff-suede-laceup-size-9/

and also similar to the new TB italian made longwing:
http://www.mrporter.com/en-it/mens/thom_browne/longwing-nubuck-brogues/591276

I could bet they are all produced by the same unknow maker...

Last edited:

NewStart

Reaction score
I actually use the 60% discount as my benchmark.
smile.gif
Being active on SF has been an expensive proposition -- but it has made me relentless in looking for cheap deals and (always) the lowest possible price.

AHS

I guess you are from England as well - easily get spoiled by instant access to all the English name sales and factory shops.

On a separately note, I swung by the CJ shop in Canary Whalf today - Skye in Cordovan Shell is still around £650 in case anyone missed the Lindrick boat

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads