• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know whether they'll produce the Lindrick again for RL, but C&J does make a very similar boot in dark brown shell cordovan called the Skye II. It's almost identical to the Lindrick but it has a heel counter, whereas the Lindrick doesn't, and it doesn't have the punched seam across the ankle, whereas the Lindrick does.

http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/skye-2-darkbrown-cordovan

I'm aware of that, but thanks. I actually like my Lindrick swoop, but I do wish they came with the Dainite sole.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Differing opinions strike again. I like the heel counters on the Skye. Both are good, of course.

saepnirg12

Reaction score
Could someone help with sizing advice, please?

Should I stick with my penny loafer size for Alden Aberdeen (suede tassels)?

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you find a final participant?

Unfortunately not yet, please consider joining :nodding:

I believe the idea is to submit a group order before an upcoming price increase from C&J. They always cycle certain styles in and out of production, but the GMTO price point is certainly better than a single MTO after the reprice.

Exactly. Since our enquiry was made in July, C&J have agreed to extend the old price for some time only for us, as I believe the price increase has already kicked in...

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skye is on last 335 unlike Lindrick on last 325. Anybody own both lasted boots for a fit comparison?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marlow Mundy:

NewStart

Reaction score
False Alarm earlier, the shoes fit amazing well, mounted to my foot straight after the end of the 1st wear

yeknal

Reaction score

Excellent and i am happy for you too - they are ridiculously comfortable and cheap :D so it will be a big blow if I have to part with them

Do you mind if I ask how much you picked these up for? I just want to kick myself for paying retail. Great find btw you will enjoy them

katch

Reaction score
Tassels.

Total love hate relationship with the slip on Marlow line. Today they feel great so it's love.

slows2k

Reaction score
Well, after looking for a while, I finally can join the club here! Picked up the beauties from skeen7908, and they traveled all the way from Australia to California to be here. They're in fantastic shape, and shined right up with some renovateur and a good brushing. They're a little darker here then IRL due to lower light. In the sunlight they've got some interesting color variation.

A pic with a couple of their brethren:

Now to get the heel tap and Topy removed and I'll be able to join Marlow mondays!

Last edited:

slows2k

Reaction score
Does anyone have an RL Marlow Wingtip box they don't need? Mine didn't come with one and I like to store shoes in their respective boxes. Dumb as it sounds, I'd be happy to buy one if someone was interested in getting rid of it.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marlows in black calf. Maiden voyage this morning.

Debated whether I "needed" black shoes... but then found this pair at a good price. They should be a nice addition to my C&J/RL family.

AHS

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have an RL Marlow Wingtip box they don't need? Mine didn't come with one and I like to store shoes in their respective boxes. Dumb as it sounds, I'd be happy to buy one if someone was interested in getting rid of it. 
Not teasing you but it is one of the sturdier boxes that I have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads