• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well this is some serious horseshit. After wearing my size 11.5D penny loafers for one entire day, I have realized that I need to go tts in this last (314). I just tried on a 12D that I was getting ready to return and they fit perfectly.

+1 to a single leather however I feel "dominant" in a double leather soled shoe. I walk over all types of **** and I dont feel a single thing

Last edited:

deporojue

Reaction score
I also bought the penny loafers, both in 8.5 and 9. 8.5 is a bit too tight and actually hurts my heels, while I get quite a bit of heel slippage with 9.
A few have mentioned that they either expect the heel slippage to subside once the shoes are broken in, or they have already experienced this with some wear. Given this is it better to keep the 9? Wouldn't 8.5 also stretch over time to fit better?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would recommend going tts. Shell Cordovan does not stretch so dont expect it from these loafers. It sounds like your shoes arent long enough, hence the heel pain. The double leather will break in eventually, and once it does, you will get much less heel slippage.

Unfortunately for me, I didnt realize this until I had already worn them for a day. It was then obvious to me I should have stayed tts.

deporojue

Reaction score

I would recommend going tts. Shell Cordovan does not stretch so dont expect it from these loafers. It sounds like your shoes arent long enough, hence the heel pain. The double leather will break in eventually, and once it does, you will get much less heel slippage.
Unfortunately for me, I didnt realize this until I had already worn them for a day. It was then obvious to me I should have stayed tts.

Thanks.

The7Ups

Reaction score
+1000000
I'm also wearing my new pennys today. First day that I wore them for 4+ hours aNd they are killing my feet. My toes and heel was in pain. I couldn't take it anymore so I'm wearing sneaks since most everyone has left the office. Sucks because going tts would have caused way too much heel slippage. The tassel loafer def fits me better than the penny.

For what is worth Namor I have the regular C&J tassel in shell called Cavendish on the 325 last which is a great fit for me in UK8E. However my retailer also got in the C&J shell penny called Harvard (unlined) made on the 314 last in the same size and fit and I nearly broke the shoes getting into them. I reckoned going up and half size would not have worked so just had to pass.

Not sure what last your tassel is made on but it is either the 72 or 325 last, either are completely different to the 314 which is much shorter and narrower in the toe box.

BTW great thread and love all your RPL C&J piccies. Can't get them shiped to where I'm based but my rtw C&J shells (Onslow, Ashdown and Cavendish) are some of my favourite shoes.

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still happy with my 10.5D Penny that I sized down. They fit pretty good to me. :satisfied:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
heads up, RL appears to have restocked their loafers and wingtips online. May be a good time to exchange those pairs that didn't quite fit

hst

Reaction score
But they don't seem to be on sale anymore.

Anyway, my penny loafers just arrived. I thought it fits well.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But they don't seem to be on sale anymore.
Anyway, my penny loafers just arrived. I thought it fits well.

But if you originally bought them at the sale price, you should be able to exchange for a different size now and not have to pay the difference.

dandie

Reaction score
CJ Islay - similar to Lindrick I think, but being east of the Atlantic means I don't have to buy into the whole shell fetish, and can have the much nicer country grain

ncdobson

Reaction score
My recently purchased 10D wingtips were uncomfortably tight in the toe-box & across the vamp, but clearly were the right size. I took them to my local cobbler for a conservative stretch (I know, shell allegedly doesn't stretch), & they feel much better. My left foot is slightly bigger than my right, & the left shoe could use a little more upward stretch on the vamp. But I feel pretty confident that 10D (since there's no 10E option) & not 10.5D is the right size on this last for me. That's .5 down from my US size.

Nick D.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of Lindrick, its listed as a sales item online. Does that mean its being discounted? btw, the only size left at this point is a 11.5D

(paging Patek)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics