Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

4 weeks ago, I thought the same. You ruined it for me.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

2. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Crazy longshot, but anyone have the lindrick in 8.5? =D

3. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

I'm sure this has been asked by someone else, but if anyone has a pair of the Lindricks in 10D, please let me know. Thanks.

4. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I've worn my lindricks a few times now and have slowly broken it nicely. I am noticing that the leather on the right boot is much more dry compared to the left boot. I've brushed it out and tried some saphir renovateur on it, but still can't get it back to the smooth/oily feel it came as. It is only apparent on the vamp. The toes and shaft area are still nice and shiny. Anybody else notice any dryness in their RL shell? If so, what have you done about it? My right foot is getting jealous of the left foot.

5. huskyzealot

huskyzealot Senior member

saphir renovateur

6. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

:plain:

7. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ I don't want to have to pull out my receipt and show how much I paid (private sale price + tax + shipping). Anyway, once you factor in that original total cost, plus the shipping I will have to pay to mail these out to the buyer and any Paypal fees I would incur, then yes I will not be able to sell these for much lower than the price that they are listed for now without taking a hit. So if I can't sell them I will just return them to the store to get my money back.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

They don't care how much you paid. The reactions were prompted by your spam

10. Beatlegeuse

Sorry...was just trying to help out a fellow SF'er that may have missed the sale :cheers:

Didn't realize it was such a faux pas, since this thread seemed to be littered with other buy/sell/trade posts

11. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

It's kinda like taking a dump in a urinal. There's clearly another place for this activity but since you saw a piece of turd in the urinal, you thought it was ok?

Nothing personal of course since you're not the only one who made this error.

Back to topic at hand, I have to say, breaking in the Marlow loafers is a bitch. My sock keeps getting pulled down.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I get what your saying and you at right, other are doing it here too. Once FOK caught a few people doing it in the RRL thread and warned them not to do it anymore. I can see why it's a no-no. However, I have noticed the following: if members are regularly asking for an hot item they missed during a sale (lindrick) in a sought after size (ex: 9.5), and someone who owns a pair declares he has a pair available, then I guess that's okay? At least no has raised a stink about it, yet

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

+1000000

I'm also wearing my new pennys today. First day that I wore them for 4+ hours aNd they are killing my feet. My toes and heel was in pain. I couldn't take it anymore so I'm wearing sneaks since most everyone has left the office. Sucks because going tts would have caused way too much heel slippage. The tassel loafer def fits me better than the penny.

14. Beatlegeuse

Yeah, definitely understand your point....I was about to go back and edit out my post to get rid of my offer, but it looks like it's been deleted already. Lesson learned :teach:

15. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

The person with item should just PM the requestor.

It's the end of day for me and after spending the day pressing down on my toes, the heel slippage is definitely reduced. Though I agree with an earlier poster who said these loafers should only have a single sole.