• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Welcome to my feet, o Lindricks. Arrived last night.

Sizing is pretty accurate. Could probably have sized down a half.

Construction is excellent. Whoa the overwhelming smell of cordovan when I opened that box was intoxicating.

No Horween stamp, dammit.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Darlton Penny Loafers and Tassel loafers are 60% off right now at RL.com. Use NOV0307

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Darlton Penny Loafers and Tassel loafers are 60% off right now at RL.com. Use NOV0307

Tassels? Not even for free.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome to my feet, o Lindricks. Arrived last night.
Sizing is pretty accurate. Could probably have sized down a half.
Construction is excellent. Whoa the overwhelming smell of cordovan when I opened that box was intoxicating.
No Horween stamp, dammit.

Mine are coming today.. Hopeful that there won't be any quality issues.

Same experience with the PTBs regarding the smell - it's great.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Ahhh yes. Reordered the Tassels. Still waiting for the original order to show up.

Calikid

Reaction score

Namor,
Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a pair of the tassels. I am not normally a fan of of tassels but to get a pair of shell cordovans for $303 plus tax.... AWESOME.

By the way I see you were asking about getting a Horween leather stamp inside the shoes? I just received a pair of Beefroll penny loafers form Rancourt in Shell #8 and it both left and right shoes had the Horween stamp. What are the odds?

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luckily picked up the Marlow loafers last night before the extra discount and they adjusted the price for me after a simple call.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Marlow loafers off SF the other day in 8.5s and for whatever reason they were too snug. Ended up sellin them. To my surprise I see 9D's available for $303 shipped. You can bet I jumped on that :slayer::slayer::slayer: Now I just need PTBs to complete the RL Cordovan trifecta (Sorry tassels.... you ugly)

g.michael

Reaction score
Just saw that crazy price on the tassels--have the wings, ptb and pennies. For $303 I'll try the tassles thank you very much!
Will be interesting to see how they fit as there seems to be no definitive answer on what last they are on. If they the fit is between the wings and the pennies they will be perfect, otherwise may be a no go. But it will at least be fun trying!:slayer:

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the American sizing work? I wear 8E UK in 325- and 337-lasted C&J shoes, so would I go for 8.5 or 9 US? And now I'm really bummed the Marlow loafers are gone in those sizes...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics