1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I'm pretty sure the lindrick's will be around a long time. I'm pretty sure anyone who missed out will get a chance again in May and every private sale thereafter.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ yep, more than likely.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

haha definitive proof black is not shell ... thanks Namor. your always one of the best for reliability

edit: hows that fit on you? any heel slippage when compared to your other marlows?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^. i ordered tts on the black calf and they are indeed too big. for the loafers, size down a half size from your regular size. fortunately these fit me spot on:

[​IMG]

as did these:

[​IMG]

both are size 11.5. im a tts 12

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

:fu:
    Got my tassels today and they're too big which is sort of strange since I've got another pair of C&J for Polo loafers which fit okay and I thought they're the same last.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

tassels run slightly longer than the penny loafer. Maybe .25 sizes longer

7. randomkoreandude

yeah must be that the shoe is just stiff and will get better with wear. or i have really skinny heels haha

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Don't suppose there's a size 9 pair out there floating around looking to size up a half size or sell? :embar: People who've PM'ed me I'll keep you folks posted.

9. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Namor: If you have Darlton wingtips, what size in those do you wear?

10. ruben

ruben Senior member

The sizing on these is baffling.

I have the pennies and feel as if I should have sized up a half size, but others are sizing down?
    Won' they stretch out a bit? like a pair of LHS?

11. forex

forex Senior member

No, LHS is unlined, Polo is lined and is pretty rough on the feet. I had to go up half a size as well, I don't know how people are sizing down.

12. Poshak Man

Poshak Man Senior member

I have the marlow tassel loafer and wingtips and the Rhett, which is basically the penny loafer shape and last except it has a fabric strap instead of the leather strap across the vamp. The wingtips and Rhett are true to size and fit like that right out of the box. Dimensions of the tassel loafers are very much comparable to my Laden for BB tassel loafers. But the tassel loafers have always caused a lot of heel slippage. I think it is because of the low vamp and the double leather sole. The double leather sole takes a very long time to flex with one's foot. Never tried going down half a size. But eventually the tassels seem to be working.

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Yeah, I went same size in wingtips, Rhett, and tassels.
    Should have sized down on the tassels.

14. ruben

ruben Senior member

Yeah, I guess I just regret buying, and wearing mine true to size, and want to a) warn others and b) hear someone tell me that actually they'll stretch out tons and I was right buying TTS.

15. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

:cheers:

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

RL took 2 days to ship items that were supposed to be delivered within 2 days. WIll call RL monday morning to get my $20 shipping surcharge refunded

17. randomkoreandude

yeah these loafers seem to be all over the place for different people ... probably the stiffness and the double leather sole

some people size down, size up, or TTS hahaha

i size down and im still getting slippage lol

18. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

great looking shoes.
    do the heels in both loafers feel comparable, width wise?

19. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

can anyone explain the logic of pricing a calf version of a shoe the same as a shell version? the term "sucker" comes to mind.

20. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

They won't stretch--especially in length. I'm a 10.5C and had to size down to a 10D in the pennies, wings and PTB. the wings and PTB are a little wide but perfect length. The pennies (different last) are perfect width but short in the toe. They work perfectly sockless, but with any sock they are a little tight. But on the bright side, there is absolutely no heel slippage with them.:satisfied: