• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett and Jones Last 358

seektrue

Reaction score
Could anybody advice about the C& J last 358 . I am trying to buy the C&J Prestwood , and still getting different answers from pediwear and bodileys . My size in AE is 10 D( perfect fit ),

The answers from UK have been, 9.5E and 9.0E.

I would appreciated advice on this.

Thanks

foto010101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seektrue
Could anybody advice about the C& J last 358 . I am trying to buy the C&J Prestwood , and still getting different answers from pediwear and bodileys . My size in AE is 10 D( perfect fit ), The answers from UK have been, 9.5E and 9.0E. I would appreciated advice on this. Thanks
Same question. Any good info is welcome. How does it compare to the 348 and 337 last?

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foto010101
Same question. Any good info is welcome. How does it compare to the 348 and 337 last?

I'm a UK 7.5E on the 337 and had to go to a UK 7E on the 358. The guy at Burlington Arcade mentioned that he has seen this with many customers.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
I'm a UK 7.5E on the 337 and had to go to a UK 7E on the 358. The guy at Burlington Arcade mentioned that he has seen this with many customers.

Is it wider or longer than the 337--or both?

nytek

Reaction score
Could anybody advice about the C& J last 358 . I am trying to buy the C&J Prestwood , and still getting different answers from pediwear and bodileys . My size in AE is 10 D( perfect fit ),

Thanks

Same last as the 348 - the 358 is just the handgrade version. It's a longer, sleeker, narrower last compared to the 337, so unless you have wide feet, generally a full size down from your US size.

I wear an AE 8D, and wear UK 7E in the 348 last.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, this:
Originally Posted by nytek
Same last as the 348 - the 358 is just the handgrade version. It's a longer, sleeker, narrower last compared to the 337, so unless you have wide feet, generally a full size down from your US size.

I wear an AE 8D, and wear UK 7E in the 348 last.

...contradicts this...
Originally Posted by medtech_expat

nytek

Reaction score
It's a narrow last, so if you have wide feet, I guess you would only go down half a size - however, that would leave some extra room in the front. Obviously in an ideal world you would be able to try it on, because the 348/358 last is not for everyone because of its narrowness.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am normally 9 UK and took a 8.5 in the 358. I was wearing them yesterday and realised how long and pointy they looked but when I measured them they were the same length as a more rounded toe. More a city than a country shape. Like Up North I also take a 8.5 on the 337.

seektrue

Reaction score
Thank you for the inputs and to be honest I´m totally
confused.gif

flanker2000fr

Reaction score

Thanks

Hello,

I'm new here but since I am facing the same problem, I thought I'd try to help.

I have got 3 C&J pairs in last 337, and all 3 are in size 8.5 E. They fit well, although a little bit looser on my "weaker" foot (left).

In the 348 last, I have 8 pairs: 5 are in 8E, 3 are in 8.5E but one of these (a Merton loafer in Antique Nubuck with Dainite sole) has quickly become too loose and I wish I had picked it in 8E instead. So it's safe to say that, in this last, most models fit me best in 8E.

I have called Sarah at Bodileys, and she asked C&J about the fit of the new 358 last. They told her it fitted more like the 348 than the 337, so they adviced a 8E size for me.

I have therefore ordered a pair of Prestwood in Dark Brown in that size. Since it's a derby, which tends to fit a bit looser than an oxford, I think it should be OK (cross fingers). Also, the fact that it has a Dainite sole, which is less rigid than a full leather one, should help as far as comfort is concerned. Had it been an oxford in a leather sole, I might have considered a 8.5E.

I should receive them in 10 days or so, and I will post under this thread to let you know my impressions.

sf_esq

Reaction score
I would also suggest sizing down a full size. I wear the same size in the 348 and 337. One full size smaller than my U.S. size. I have one pair that is 1/2 size smaller and it's a little loose (started out loose, plus, they stretched slightly).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads