• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett and Jones Audley vs Allen Edmonds Park Avenue

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
From my experience with C&J I'd go a full size down.

serce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeicaLad
The Park Avenue in a 10EEE is a perfect fit for me.

Given the lack of width option in the Audley, do I take a 9 or a 9.5?

I'd really appreciate the help, as I'm a long way from a place to try one on.

Thanks.

Dear Leica,
I'm sorry for my very poor English.......

I have a Park Avenue in size 9.5 EEE and these shoes are perfect fit for me.
I have Audely shoes too. I choose 9.5 E UK size (on suggestion of Shyam of PLal) and the size
is very good for me. A little snug but very good. So I always order size 9.5 for model 337 CJ s and I'm very happy. So I think (*** grano salis) You are 10 E UK for 337 CJ.
If you are unsure I suggest to you to try some others english shoes. As matter of fact I am in church's shoes 9.5 UK F (For Church's F is normal width as E for CJ).

p.s. Between Park Avenue and Audley I prefer Audley every time on PA. Park Avenue only in rain time or if I have to drive the car.

RanMan

Reaction score
Another vote for C&J. +1 on the advice to go down a full size, however the narrow width of your foot might be an issue. I'm a 10.5C and ordered the Belgrave in 9.5E (337 last) and felt like I was swimming in it, particularly at the heel. With B width hooves, I think you're gonna run into this same problem, sorry to say.

LeicaLad

Reaction score
Thanks, Serce... I think...

This is the reason I've yet to get a pair of C&J shoes. With no chance to try any on, I hate dropping serious coin on shoes that don't fit.

I've generally understood that it is best to size down one full size (-1) for average width feet, but down only half size (-.5) for the E to EEE feet on a last like the 337 C&J Handgrade.

Then, I get this msg saying to chose the SAME size. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

SOMEday, I'll travel to a country that actually has a C&J store. (Bouncing between Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and VN in October and November, I thought I might get to KL, but the schedule didn't allow it. Darn!) Guess I'll have to wait until that day. Sigh.

Originally Posted by serce
Dear Leica,
I'm sorry for my very poor English.......

I have a Park Avenue in size 9.5 EEE and these shoes are perfect fit for me.
I have Audely shoes too. I choose 9.5 E UK size (on suggestion of Shyam of PLal) and the size
is very good for me. A little snug but very good. So I always order size 9.5 for model 337 CJ s and I'm very happy. So I think (*** grano salis) You are 10 E UK for 337 CJ.
If you are unsure I suggest to you to try some others english shoes. As matter of fact I am in church's shoes 9.5 UK F (For Church's F is normal width as E for CJ).

p.s. Between Park Avenue and Audley I prefer Audley every time on PA. Park Avenue only in rain time or if I have to drive the car.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In general, C&J 337 last is much more elegant/refined than AE last 8

But you are a size 8.5B in AE park avenue? AE last 8 is very narrow, and C&J 337 is a elongated last. Thus, if you can find a Audley in your fitting, the shoes will be looooong & naaaaarow. I am not sure in this case, sorry.

Lawman

Reaction score
I have both shoes, and there truly is no comparison. I applied some leather conditioner to both last night. After application and buffing, the C&J leather has depth and character, almost like polished wood or a horse chestnut. The AE leather really has none of that. Just a brown color. I really can't help too much with sizing. I am a U.S. 13D, and I buy the UK 12 on the 337. They are a little large on me.

Lawman

Reaction score
I have both shoes, and there truly is no comparison. I applied some leather conditioner to both last night. After application and buffing, the C&J leather has depth and character, almost like polished wood or a horse chestnut. The AE leather really has none of that. Just a brown color. I really can't help too much with sizing. I am a U.S. 13D, and I buy the UK 12 on the 337. They are a little large on me.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
In general, C&J 337 last is much more elegant/refined than AE last 8

But you are a size 8.5B in AE park avenue? AE last 8 is very narrow, and C&J 337 is a elongated last. Thus, if you can find a Audley in your fitting, the shoes will be looooong & naaaaarow. I am not sure in this case, sorry.

PA runs narrow, but is on the 5 last, not 8.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the C&J come in a B width? The E fitting C&J will fall right off a foot that takes a B width #5 last AE.

edit: The C&J catalog confirms that the only oxford in a C fitting is the Bedford which is available only in black.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads