• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate vs. Farinelli: The Official Jeans Thread

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ thank you Henry.. I will call you later.

The jean will be here sometime next week for sure. I spoke with Chad last night while he was leaving the factory.

Getsmart- chad said you were square.

Chad is saying the sizing is dead on so if you buy a 31 it will measure 15.5 cross

I want to have a size chart ready on the web before I start selling them so it will prevent confusion and becasue the majority of the people on this forum are lazy we will have the measurments on the blog and website next to the jean. so you won't have to ask.

best,
mauro

PS- the brown W+H botts are ready to leave canada.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
becasue the majority of the people on this forum are lazy we will have the measurments on the blog and website next to the jean. so you won't have to ask.
That doesn't account for the other majority that are also stupid. They will still ask. Thanks again for what looks to be an awesome product mauro, I'm sitting by the computer with cash in hand ready to jam it into the Disc Drive as soon as you post these up.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pacioli
There is a peculiar black overdye process that goes on top of the fabric, which is considered an odd thing to do to indigo cloth. Cone developed this special finish some time ago and the result is a denim that appears to have a wet, waxy sheen when raw. The sheen disappears quite easily with wash or abrasion and most of the overdye washes out easily in an industrial laundry. This fabric was created for people who can appreciate the profound fading nature of denim, which can be best understood through wearing raw.

Note that this fabric does not contain resin or wax coating. It is different from some of the denims on the market that have either a sticky or super dry hand. Those are usually applied in garment form using sprays, brushes, sponges, etc. or in fabric form using a knife coating machine that literally slaters on gunk. These processes create a "coated" look that are much more wash and wear resistant. If you handle the CVSF denim it feels very much like a regular denim and the "black coat" is there just to add dimensions to your breaking-in experience. Neither the sheen or the black coat were designed to withstand heavy wash.

The denim sounds similar to the Cone Mills denim used for the 3Sixteen ST-210, although I believe that denim is coated/dyed(?) in sulfur to create a black resin on top of the indigo threads:

From SuFu:
Originally Posted by therelativity
black coated with blue fading. is it normal?
img2899g.jpg

img2900k.jpg

img2901w.jpg

Will the CVSF denim fade in a similar manner?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next week?
You guys are KILLING ME!

I self proclaim I will make no more purchases until august.
Unless it is with a gift certificate.
This will be my only purchase.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can NOT speak for 3sixteen ( I might pick up the line however) and i have never seen this jean.

Cone made a narrow good ( my selvege) and wide good ( non selvage. If the 3sixteen denim is not selvege then yes it is different denim.
3sixteen makes a great product and look forward to speaking with them again.

This is a very special denim with amazing properties. I was speaking with Henry and he compared the denim to an Italian roadster. he even said that he wouldn't want to get caught inthe rain with the jean just so he can get all the different fading processes.
the inital sheen will disappear quickly with wear. The jean can depending how its worn have up to 4 colors in various shades.
Henry wasa very happy to see how the jean faded.
I can't wait to start the contest on the FvsC jean. It's going to be FUN FUN FUN!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ smartass. My exponent keyboard is broken.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pacioli
There is a peculiar black overdye process that goes on top of the fabric, which is considered an odd thing to do to indigo cloth. Cone developed this special finish some time ago and the result is a denim that appears to have a wet, waxy sheen when raw. The sheen disappears quite easily with wash or abrasion and most of the overdye washes out easily in an industrial laundry. This fabric was created for people who can appreciate the profound fading nature of denim, which can be best understood through wearing raw.
Sounds kind of like a heavier version of denim used in the SE "black" denim shirts...mine is fading in blue.
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=298

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
wear same as crate route size?

we don't know. the jeans haven't arrived yet. when they do, we'll post measurements up! patience haha

Johnny5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I can NOT speak for 3sixteen ( I might pick up the line however) and i have never seen this jean.

Cone made a narrow good ( my selvege) and wide good ( non selvage. If the 3sixteen denim is not selvege then yes it is different denim.
3sixteen makes a great product and look forward to speaking with them again.

This is a very special denim with amazing properties. I was speaking with Henry and he compared the denim to an Italian roadster. he even said that he wouldn't want to get caught inthe rain with the jean just so he can get all the different fading processes.
the inital sheen will disappear quickly with wear. The jean can depending how its worn have up to 4 colors in various shades.
Henry wasa very happy to see how the jean faded.
I can't wait to start the contest on the FvsC jean. It's going to be FUN FUN FUN!

I wish I haven't read this.... o well... size 30 please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads