• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate Shirting - Anyone familiar with this brand?

netsua

Reaction score
hey guys my chambray just arrived
cratek.jpg

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
netsua whats your height and weight if you don't mind me asking? unless you could take actual measurements of the shirt. i imagine thats a small right?

just want to know because i was looking to buy a size small too.

thanks in advance.

netsua

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will probably pick up another shirt from 4hm when they get them in.
Originally Posted by crosswound
netsua whats your height and weight if you don't mind me asking? unless you could take actual measurements of the shirt. i imagine thats a small right? just want to know because i was looking to buy a size small too. thanks in advance.
hello, yup I ordered a small. I am around 5'8-5'9 137lbs. Just took measurements: Shoulders (back): 16.5 length (back): 27 p2p: 18

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
unflattering how?
I think a combination of the wrinkles and your stance makes it look like the shirt has you trapped in that position.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wogbog
I think a combination of the wrinkles and your stance makes it look like the shirt has you trapped in that position.

haha true... I was trying to get in position real quick before the timer on my camera ran out

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
unflattering how?

-yeah stance is awkward, partly due to my timer and also because I was trying to stand in a way that would show give a good idea how the shirt fit as a whole
-the shirt has been sitting in my bag all day so the shirt is all wrinkled and creased (especially the collar)
-also i'm wearing shorts, you can't really tell from the way I took the pic

maybe it's just the pic/wrinkles, but it looks like you have a bit of a gut and some you look like you have some manboobs going on. it's really tight through the waist, hugging your hips. compare it to netsua's fit and it's a world of difference.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
maybe it's just the pic/wrinkles, but it looks like you have a bit of a gut and some you look like you have some manboobs going on. it's really tight through the waist, hugging your hips. compare it to netsua's fit and it's a world of difference.

haha, yeah I don't have manboobs/gut... its just the wrinkles/lines from folding, combined with me being bloated with beer... next time I'll take a fit pic before the beer.

Also not sure why it looks like its hugging my waist, does not do that in real life, could've been the shorts I had on when I threw the shirt on for a fit pic or my awkward as **** stance...actually, as you can kinda see in netsua's pic the shirts flare out a slight bit at the hem.

BKBroiler

Reaction score
Just trying to get an understanding from those who already own the shirt, but if I am in between a BoO L/XL should I order the L or XL in Crate? I would think the XL since it seems as though the Crate shirt is cut shorter.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by netsua
Thanks guys, I will probably pick up another shirt from 4hm when they get them in.

hello, yup I ordered a small. I am around 5'8-5'9 137lbs. Just took measurements:
Shoulders (back): 16.5
length (back): 27
p2p: 18

about the same as me i'll probably order a shirt or two to give it a shot.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
I just picked a Large in the purple gingham from Penelope's this morning. The fit is spot on--similar to how I would imagine BoO fits, although I've never actually tried a band shirt. That said, the neck measurement is a little big and the collar itself is sort of bigger than I'd like. Also, the shirt came with some very cheap see-through plastic buttons. I'll definitely be replacing those once I can find some I like better. All in all, great shirt for the price (I paid $78 plus tax).

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I picked up the red gingham from Four Horsemen today. fit is really slim but from what I've heard, they won't shrink at all since they're washed heavily. will post up a pic later tonight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads