• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've yet to sit in one myself but I figured this would be the case. How did it compare to the Eames?

the eames is a pretty good chair... have sat on it many times and it is quite comfortable. i have not sat in the new "taller" version, but the original is best for someone 5'9'' or shorter. i am 5' 10'' and the original is just a little short

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

the eames is a pretty good chair... have sat on it many times and it is quite comfortable. i have not sat in the new "taller" version, but the original is best for someone 5'9'' or shorter. i am 5' 10'' and the original is just a little short

I hear you. I'm 6'6" and the original doesn't work for me either. I'm interested in trying out the taller version but I'm not sure the extra two inches will make enough of a difference.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Piobchair 1

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
5.7k selling price for the original Piobchair. Please, do not settle for a copy! The reasons are numerous.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

5.7k selling price for the original Piobchair. Please, do not settle for a copy! The reasons are numerous.

Sign it, toss in a bottle of your best wine and a cat and you have a deal.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I can do all of that but the cat. One does not sell family members.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Couple other things to watch out for that can help to distinguish handmade and machine made. I don't mean to imply that machine made is bad, it can and often is very good if done properly, but handmade is handmade.

It becomes an expensive proposition, that most manufacturers will decline, to start including things like miter edge dovetails or full blind dovetails into casework, but they were part and parcel of high quality casework some time ago (like 200 years ago) and still in quality furniture in some areas.

If you will recall what the case looks like from the page or two prior, this is a set of miter edge dovetails on the inside of the case. They show cleanly like a plain miter, but a bit more structure to them.

Here is the finished outside of the case as well

Drywall work is next....oddly enough I enjoy doing that, but waiting until next week as I plan to do some painting.

Beautiful stuff, SG. I hope you're not looking to move anytime soon. The next owners will either receive an itemized costing list of enhancements with a link to this thread, or find gaping holes scattered throughout the house.

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you! Hah, every once in a while my wife and I debate that as she would love to move to southern california. Mostly I just hope they would appreciate woodwork enough to keep it.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which do you guys prefer? The Chair by Hans Wegner

Or the captains chair by Nakashima

:decisions:

I go back and forth depending on my mood.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any inspiration pictures for mcm designed houses (and specific rooms). I'm trying to convince my fiancé away from "rustic modern."

Could be a fun inspiration type activity for this thread considering the dizzying amount of arguing lately

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take it back. I'd pay $200 for a wooden box with SG's jointery.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Not going to lie, for a good second, I seriously considered requesting something like that when he and I spoke about possibly making something.
shog[1].gif

@SkinnyGoomba Sorry, no reply to your pm yet, been busy.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hypertn