• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It used to be half the price? Please disregard my previous comment.

I don't think those past price listings are 100% accurate (since they often exclude certain things IIRC), but it says that it sold for $540k in July and $600something pre-bubble.

Now it is listed over a million...doesn't sound like any major renovations were done and it sounds like they got rid of the furniture...

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place to get replacement pads for Bertoia side chairs? The material doesn't actually matter as I find the price of leather for them to be almost prohibitory expensive at times.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're expensive in leather, thats why you usually see them in vinyl. I can get them for you from Knoll, I would wait until knoll sale in Feb.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finn,

Good link, but I would not take their advice on welding the chairs. They are originally spot welded, which is why the weld does not appear to have any additional material added. My opinion, I think they should advise their readers to having them spot-welded again rather than TIg welded.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just of few of my obsessions today:

JuyLe

Reaction score
Does anyone know who designed those chairs ? They were at my gf's grandparents house in the north of germany, and no one had any idea.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
They look like unofficial variations of Lina Bo Bardi's furniture. She designed a few chair models with the same components and materials.

Last edited:

JuyLe

Reaction score
Thanks for the info ;)

I also took a quick picture of the table I "ikeahacked" by using a donated kitchen counter top and those 25€ a pop metal feets:

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Homemade tables can be a good way to go. My work table is a 72" long butcher block (1.75" thick) on steel hairpin legs that I had custom made for around $60. I got the butcher block from a renovating photography studio for $85 or so. All in all, I've put another $50 into refinishing it and it's on par with something similar you'd see at a preposterous markup in a Brooklyn flea market.

JuyLe

Reaction score
This one cost me close to nothing. The wooden top was given to me (friend wanted to get rid of it), with cheap IKEA feet, I rented a BMW X1 to bring it home (barely fit) for 30€. Then I spent 50€ to get the metal feet and drilled them in. So that's a 80€ table. I'm really satisfied with it.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was pretty close to buying a walnut tabletop from the room and board outlet last weekend...was going to use it to make a new desk.

But then I realized it would probably be months before I could get it from Minneapolis to Chicago

Pretty awesome place though...I hadn't been there for years. A true outlet,not one of those "outlets" that sells produced-for-outlet crap--only open on the weekend, completely random selection, lots of partial items (desktops/tabletops/legs without their matching bits). My mom's been building up a small collection of the PET navy chairs to go on their porch

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads