Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by gdl203, Oct 22, 2008.

1. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Stephenhero, I'm having a tough time cracking the code that is your post. Can you be specific? Recessed what? Recessed into the window frame or ceiling?

Try to avoid posting 10 vaguely helpful photos of muti-million dollar modern villas with sprawling floor plans to assist in the picking of drapes for my small place.

2. SkinnyGoomba

I still find it funny that I think the start of all of this was the fact that I asked for suggestions on a lamp....that was actually for another room. When I asked for comments on restoration hardware floor to ceiling drapes for this room no one had a comment to make....but where did we wind up?

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

:laugh:

That's okay, I posted something that completely fit into this thread, and promptly got shat on. Basically, SOP.

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

You ever used a Dyson vacuum cleaner? Ever heard of one? Not being snarky here.

Dyson expounds on his inventions - just like this guy as well as probably all inventors who obviously have strong feelings about what they have created or what they are making a little better. Is this corkscrew a gazillion times better than the one that Stephenhero posted? Yeah, to me, but I absolutely hate those hinged-lever screws that are made so all retards can drink wine, because the guy who invented the Code screw wanted a single-pull screw that worked just a little bit better. $500 better? Well, no, not to the vast majority of us, but think about those who open over 60 bottles of wine a day and you all probably know through your own line of work or hobbies that little things become amplified.

I'd pay a lot of money for a corkscrew on which the lever would not flop around loosely after a year's worth of usage.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

FWIW, he has less expensive versions. I just linked to the top of the line.

6. SkinnyGoomba

The SF vetting process. :slayer:

Me: which lamp should i buy??

SF: The consensus is that you should either buy different drapes or a new house.

Me: Thanks SF, always helpful.

Lefty,

That house with the wavy roof and original Nakashima furniture that you like is up for sale still....move to Lambertville, we can be almost neighbors. You'll need me around for when the roof starts to leak and you need to find someone who can replace a wavy wood ceiling. I won't even include my new drapes in the bill, promise.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

8. SkinnyGoomba

oops, looks like someone got to the nakashima furniture already. Ashame, it was well suited to the house.

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Wow, what a gorgeous house. It seems like a bargain price for the house and land.

10. otc

otc Senior member

Wait, so it sold in July, someone got rid of the baller furniture...and then doubled the price to put it back on the market 4 months later?

11. SkinnyGoomba

The previous owner may have sold the furniture or moved it, can't draw that conclusion with the info at hand. There was the option to buy it, if my memory serves me. They may have opted out.

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

That furniture collection was probably worth 300-400K, maybe more. Seriously cool house. A Paul Evans fireplace? That's probably worth 100K if you could get it out.

lefty

13. SkinnyGoomba

Because it's not in the pictures....pretty easy. Unless they decided to leave it out of the photos. The saarinen table + eames chairs just does not have the same effect.

Hah, you ninja edit bastard.

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

Yep.

I wouldn't be surprised if David Rago bought it, sold the furniture at his auction, and is trying to flip the house.

lefty