• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, new living room rug:

View attachment 1936845
View attachment 1936847

It is a bit smaller than the one we are replacing and will “float” in the space created by our sofa and lounge chairs (i.e. no furniture legs will sit on it, other than the coffee table’s). Curious to see if that makes the room feel bigger, even if the furniture is no longer as integrated looking.

Nice rug. Post pics as using a smaller rug in that setting can be tricky. Curious how it turns out.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Hi friends! I can't believe I'm only now just finding this thread. I haven't been able to find a great design/furniture community other than IG so glad to read up here. I'm curious if anyone has any interior decorator leads with a taste for these classic design houses based in NYC? I find that most of the folks I can find are more generic (room & board, random brands) or vintage. I'd love some feedback and thoughts on redoing our living room layout. Also, someone asked about the Sarah Ellison Huggie chair from DWR. When we moved into our new apartment a year ago, my wife picked out that chair and I picked out a Eames Lounge Chair. We both LOVE the huggie and use it daily but we rarely, if ever, use the Eames. We're actually probably going to be selling it soon with a huge loss and are looking to replace it with something similar to the Huggie.

ModelAgent

Reaction score
AI is taking over.... as in every niche.
Or lets say, helping you find inspirational, new designs.

https://interiorai.com/ --> you can upload your empty room picture, and with the help of AI fill it with your favorible style

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting. Will try it out tonight

Edit - was a post re AI design websites deleted? I meant to reply to a post here.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi friends! I can't believe I'm only now just finding this thread. I haven't been able to find a great design/furniture community other than IG so glad to read up here. I'm curious if anyone has any interior decorator leads with a taste for these classic design houses based in NYC? I find that most of the folks I can find are more generic (room & board, random brands) or vintage. I'd love some feedback and thoughts on redoing our living room layout. Also, someone asked about the Sarah Ellison Huggie chair from DWR. When we moved into our new apartment a year ago, my wife picked out that chair and I picked out a Eames Lounge Chair. We both LOVE the huggie and use it daily but we rarely, if ever, use the Eames. We're actually probably going to be selling it soon with a huge loss and are looking to replace it with something similar to the Huggie.

Why not just skip the interior decorator entirely? Picking out furniture is one of life’s great joys.

But to answer your question more directly, I think the issue is that client preferences and/or budget constraints are big reasons why many decorators gravitate toward more generic, lower quality stuff.

Also, the market for contemporary and modern furniture seems to be bifurcated between design-led product and decor-led product. The former is the stuff you are thinking of, designed by named designers and made by the brands which partner with them. The latter is more trend-driven, tends to be more focused on surface looks over concept/substance, not designed by anyone in particular, and highly variable in both price and quality.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Why not just skip the interior decorator entirely? Picking out furniture is one of life’s great joys.

But to answer your question more directly, I think the issue is that client preferences and/or budget constraints are big reasons why many decorators gravitate toward more generic, lower quality stuff.

Also, the market for contemporary and modern furniture seems to be bifurcated between design-led product and decor-led product. The former is the stuff you are thinking of, designed by named designers and made by the brands which partner with them. The latter is more trend-driven, tends to be more focused on surface looks over concept/substance, not designed by anyone in particular, and highly variable in both price and quality.
Hey! So I feel I have a good eye for my taste in terms of objects, but the trickier part is laying them out and arranging them in a pleasing manor. Like we now have this Eames Chair, some USM units, some other cool pieces but the layout wasn't very inviting so we're now rethinking some of the items.

Your point about design-led vs decor-led really resonates with me and gives me some language to use around something I wasn't previously able to articulate but that I'd think about often.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey! So I feel I have a good eye for my taste in terms of objects, but the trickier part is laying them out and arranging them in a pleasing manor. Like we now have this Eames Chair, some USM units, some other cool pieces but the layout wasn't very inviting so we're now rethinking some of the items.

Your point about design-led vs decor-led really resonates with me and gives me some language to use around something I wasn't previously able to articulate but that I'd think about often.

I try to think hard about how I want the space to feel, flow, and function before worrying about furniture. Otherwise, tendency is to pick pieces you love on their own but which don’t actually work well together or in your specific context.

Also, would make sure not to go full-on with MCM design icons. Mix in contemporary pieces as well. Otherwise, will look like a retro staging or a page out of a DWR catalog.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I checked them out because I want a Tolomeo Mega.

Shipping kills it though. $680 for the lamp. $1000 for shipping.

Sadly I had found an open box one for $600, but it arrived without the base and had to go back.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I checked them out because I want a Tolomeo Mega.

Shipping kills it though. $680 for the lamp. $1000 for shipping.

Sadly I had found an open box one for $600, but it arrived without the base and had to go back.

Depends on the item and whether you bundle multiple things. I recently bought a coffee table and the shipping (air freight) is only 300 euros.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s expensive stuff compared to peers. Top
tier Danish makers charge less. Unless someone with more expertise can school on why De La Espada’s woodworking is any better than Carl Hansen’s or PP Mobler’s, I can’t make sense of the premium. Ultimately, any of the aforementioned are still factory-like production, even if very manual and high-quality.
I’m not familiar with De La Espada but I love their design aesthetic. Stumbled on them browsing Hive Modern. The prices are within range for some of the quotes I’m getting from traditional furniture brands like Century. I have no problem saving up for a year to purchase the bed.

Any recommendations for beds similar in design? We want something that can be upholstered in leather.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
I try to think hard about how I want the space to feel, flow, and function before worrying about furniture. Otherwise, tendency is to pick pieces you love on their own but which don’t actually work well together or in your specific context.

Also, would make sure not to go full-on with MCM design icons. Mix in contemporary pieces as well. Otherwise, will look like a retro staging or a page out of a DWR catalog.
Thanks, and I fully agree. If you're interested, here's a link with some photos of my living room.

The original layout is first and has the Eames chair off perpendicular to the couch, but because of the room's layout, it is too far to feel fully integrated if you want to converse with someone on the couch.

Second, I mocked up the updated layout where everything is shifted 90 degrees to focus less on the tv and more on a group conversation. I'm currently just using the Eames in this setup, but it's not what we want. We'd have to ditch the Eames chair and get two smaller chairs opposite the couch instead. Then we could put a small table and two chairs in place of the Eames chair. Think of a small round table like at a Parisian cafe, but we're not 100% convinced we need to do this. We'd also probably ditch the large speakers as the area is feeling too crowded and I don't like how the coach now blocks the left speaker. Curious if folks have any thoughts.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Depends on the item and whether you bundle multiple things. I recently bought a coffee table and the shipping (air freight) is only 300 euros.

That's fair. The other online European dealer I like is Einrichten Design in Germany. They have great customer service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads