• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
0Bp1K.jpg

lDe9V.jpg

EJF5n.jpg

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Doing some conservative business dress today. Close-spaced chalk stripes too radical?
cbd3.jpg
cbd2.jpg
cbd1.jpg

Dude, Awesome.
IMAGE_020.jpg
Might put some elbow patches on this jacket, and when the weather finally turns I may take 1" off the bottom as well.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
the "if it looks good, wear it" argument is dangerous to introduce here

Do I have to do another restatement of the thread purpose?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
yes

This is not the "You must wear a white shirt, solid gray or navy suit, plain tie and black stitch caps" thread. It's about dressing with a little flair without going overboard.

Outside of a handful of the most conservative firms in London and maybe one or two other cities in Europe, brown shoes have been perfectly fine with a gray suit for probably the last 70 years.

Get it?

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parker, what brand and model are the shoes? what material is the square? I have always liked the way you dress, I am glad you started posting in this thread. This outfit is awesome

Manton, where is the tie from and is it a grenadine?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Dude, Awesome.
IMAGE_020.jpg
Might put some elbow patches on this jacket, and when the weather finally turns I may take 1" off the bottom as well.

Length looks good to my eye.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This is not the "You must wear a white shirt, solid gray or navy suit, plain tie and black stitch caps" thread. It's about dressing with a little flair without going overboard.

Outside of a handful of the most conservative firms in London and maybe one or two other cities in Europe, brown shoes have been perfectly fine with a gray suit for probably the last 70 years.

Get it?

i got that previously, but i wanted to make sure i understood. "no black with tan/brown" is probably the most common "fashion rule." even someone who dresses like **** has probably heard of it. that's all.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manton, is that a burgundy or brown grenadine? By the way,where is it from,Ed's Panta?

Archivist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton

Get it?

The baby Jesus loves black shoes. But yours do look nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads