• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Congrats Patriots on 16-0

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
boohoo.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Patriots have had as many injuries as the Colts, they just haven't been as noticeable because the Patriots have much better depth than Indy.

The Pats played the beginning of the season without Harrison and Seymour, and lost Wilson, Colvin, and three offensive linemen, along with Sammy Morris, Maroney, Watson, Gay, Sanders, Kyle Brady, and others.

Yes the Colts lost Harrison, Freeney, Ugoh, Clark, and some of their corners for some or most of the season, but they've had Addai for the entire season and the Pats running back situation has been much more fluid. They've started Heath Evans, Kyle Eckel, and all sorts of random people at running back.

The Pats have much better defensive line, linebacker, and wide receiver depth, with multiple first and second round draft picks backing up their stars at WR. Even so, depth on the defense has been an issue, and the Pats defense hasn't been as good as it was at the beginning of the season. This was especially noticable against the Eagles, who torched the Pats backup defensive backs for huge gains.

Not having Freeney and Harrison (I think he's pretty much done) will be an issue for Indy against the Patriots, although I don't think Freeney would have made as big a difference outside as he would in the RCA dome in any case. If Harrison plays, I think Belichick is going to run the same play he did against Burress, sending Thomas to set a huge pick against him on the outside.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
The Patriots have had as many injuries as the Colts, they just haven't been as noticeable because the Patriots have much better depth than Indy.

The Pats played the beginning of the season without Harrison and Seymour, and lost Wilson, Colvin, and three offensive linemen, along with Sammy Morris, Maroney, Watson, Kyle Brady, and others.

Yes the Colts lost Harrison, Freeney, Ugoh, Clark, and some of their corners for some or most of the season, but they've had Addai for the entire season and the Pats running back situation has been much more fluid. They've started Heath Evans, Kyle Eckel, and all sorts of random people at running back.

The Pats have much better defensive line, linebacker, and wide receiver depth, with multiple first and second round draft picks backing up their stars at WR. Even so, depth on the defense has been an issue, and the Pats defense hasn't been as good as it was at the beginning of the season. Not having Freeney and Harrison will be an issue for Indy against the Patriots, although I don't think Freeney would have made as big a difference outside as he would in the RCA dome in any case.

Well the Colts will have Harrison and mostly everybody except Freeney back by the time they play the Patriots. Your wide receiver depth isn't going to do anything against our cover 2. Brady is going to be looking everywhere to get a pass off, and the fact is he will have nowhere. He'll complete less than 50% of his passes against us.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Yes, because Bill Polian is the only coach in NFL history to ever want to make rule changes.

Yeah, he did a great job coaching the Colts huh?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well the Colts will have Harrison and mostly everybody except Freeney back by the time they play the Patriots. Your wide receiver depth isn't going to do anything against our cover 2. Brady is going to be looking everywhere to get a pass off, and the fact is he will have nowhere. He'll complete less than 50% of his passes against us.

Harrison tried to practice this week and couldn't even run. I doubt he'll be playing against the Patriots and if he is, he won't last a quarter.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Yeah, he did a great job coaching the Colts huh?

You're right! MAN! I made one little typo, and now my entire argument is completely out the window. Guess that means you win.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Harrison tried to practice this week and couldn't even run. I doubt he'll be playing against the Patriots and if he is, he won't last a quarter.

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I didn't realize that you were on the Colts team and at their practices in order to see that. Harrison playing was a gametime decision, not anything that was decided throughout the week.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I didn't realize that you were on the Colts team and at their practices in order to see that. Harrison playing was a gametime decision, not anything that was decided throughout the week.
Yeah, teams never release misinformation or anything? It was quoted on Yahoo that Harrison wasn't able to run during practice this week. If he's not at full speed he'll be useless against the Patriots. Dungy knows they'll hit him hard at the line and if he tries to catch short passes over the middle. Brady threw for 255 yards and 3 TDs against the Colts Cover 2 in Week 9 with a healthy Freeney and without Watson.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Yeah, teams never release misinformation or anything? It was quoted on Yahoo that Harrison wasn't able to run during practice this week. If he's not at full speed he'll be useless against the Patriots. Dungy knows they'll hit him hard at the line and if he tries to catch short passes over the middle.

Brady threw for 255 yards and 3 TDs against the Colts in Week 9 with a healthy Freeney.

This entire argument is pointless. What are you, a freakin contestant on Stump the Schwab? Jesus, where do you pull all this **** from?

Anyway, I am officially done with this thread for exactly 3 weeks. See you after the AFC Championship.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Patriots and Colts both have a history of being great teams... NE with their multiple SB rings, and obviously their new undefeated season, and the Colts with their insane records over the past 5 years (only team to go 5 years in a row with 12 wins a season).

LMAO at this one. What kind of stat is that? It's an ad hoc measure that some homer came up with because the Patriots own all the meaningful records.
tounge.gif

Yes, because Bill Polian is the only coach in NFL history to ever want to make rule changes.

Originally Posted by Stu
Whatever. Wah wah wah whine.

I wasn't whining. I'm glad the rules got changed, because now the Pats have demonstrated the greatest passing offense in the history of the game, dominating the league and breaking every meaningful regular season individual and team record in the process. Thanks Bill Polian!!

I was merely making the point that the Marino record is especially impressive because it was before the rule change. Do you disagree? I think it's prety non-homerish of me to give props to Marino, a division rival at that.

Man, Colts fans are so defensive.
confused.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who doesn't really follow football much, I might only add that it bothers me that the Pats aren't an actual city or state team. "New England" is not an actual division of the country, and therefore I think it's incorrect to have a football team for it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
As someone who doesn't really follow football much, I might only add that it bothers me that the Pats aren't an actual city or state team. "New England" is not an actual division of the country, and therefore I think it's incorrect to have a football team for it.

The team was renamed from the "Boston Patriots" when they moved out of Boston to Foxboro(ugh) In the 70's. The original renaming was to the awkward and ambiguous "Bay State Patriots", but there was some sort of huge PR backlash against it, and so in a desire to gain a more "regional" following - it was changed again to the New England Patriots. "New England" is indeed an actual division of the country - it is considered a geographic region, it consists of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby

Man, who did you root for when New England played the Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl a few years back? Must have been rough.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Man, Colts fans are so defensive.
confused.gif

Not so defensive my friend with fine taste in cigars, just rather amazed at the constant Rodney Dangerfield routine coming from Patriots' nation. I am a huge Colts fan and have nothing but respect for the Pats. I truley think the are the closest thing to the UCLA Wooden teams in terms of dominance I've been. Other than the fact that it bums me out that they have kept the Colts from multiple Super Bowl rings, it is a joy to watch poetry in motion. We are seeing football played at a level never before seen.

Now, just read the sports boards and that moron Sports Guy homer and see the constant chip on the shoulder of Pats fans. It befuddles me why your fan base just can't see to generate a little more class when winning so much. Hell, you have a permanent place reserved at the adult table, but you seem to continue to want to eat at the card table.

It's also interesting to see the sound of silence when Woolfolk or whatever the hell his name is does the old Moe-Curly routine the other night and no penalty is called. Had that been Bob Sanders doing it to someone on the Pats, you all would be up in arms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads