• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Congrats Patriots on 16-0

pantheist

Reaction score
The difference between the Colts and Pats at this point, is the quality of the games. The past 5 or 6 games the Pats have played were basically playoff games, everyone was gunning to knock them off their pedestal. The Ravens hadn't played like that all year, if they did they'd be in the playoffs. Same with the Eagles. All those rough games and the Patriots still prevailed.

I still have some gripes about the game in Indy. There were some very bad pass interference calls against the Patriots that were 25+ yards that led to Indy touchdowns. And that 73 yard Addai play wouldn't have happened if there wasn't an illegal block. Even after 3 questionable touchdowns the Pats still found a way to win.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Amazing performance and real leadership by Brady when they were down.

The Giants really were sloppy in the second half. Folded like a lawn chair.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need an official playoffs topic, as I came to the board to say that, "...if I were Colston, I would punch Drew Brees in his throat", but there's no topic. I'm not football enough to make it.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes congrats to the Pats, but it really will diminish the accomplishment without a Super Bowl win.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
16-0 is amzing .. like 72-10 set by 1996 the Bulls.

Or 60-8-12 by the 76-77 Canadiens.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I find it interesting that the Colts won the Super Bowl but had arguably an easier schedule than the Pats. They had to play Tenn and Jacksonville twice, but that's because they're in their division. The ten OOD games the Colts played were: New Orleans, Denver, Tampa, Kansas City, Atlanta, Carolina, NE, San Diego, and Baltimore, while the Pats played San Diego, Dallas, New York, Cincinnati, Indy, Washington, Philly, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Baltimore.

The Colts played 7 teams with winning records as did NE, but four of the 7 teams the Colts played were in the AFC South, while none of the Pats opponents with 7 wins were in the AFC East. That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, because the Super Bowl winning team is supposed to have the hardest schedule.

NE has played and beaten four of the best teams in the NFL, and many of those wins were on the road. Indy has one good road win, the game against Jacksonville where Garrard was hurt early.

One other point to note is that only four of the Patriots 16 games were games won be less than ten points, while the Colts had seven games closer than 10, not counting tonight's meaningless game against Tennessee which they may very well lose. So much for people saying they were playing close for most of the season. All of their close games came in the second half of the season but even then, they threw up blowouts against Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Miami.

Okay what you say about the hardest schedules makes no sense. The AFC South is the best division in the NFL. That in and of itself makes their season schedule harder than the Pats. And i'll also go ahead and mention that before the season started, NOLA was thought to be heading for the playoffs and most likely making the NFC Championship game again.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a Dolphins fan (GET...THAT...DRAFT PICK!!!), but I think some members of the '72 team have carried the "only undefeated season" thing a bit too far. Records are meant to be broken (or, in this case, tied), so it's hard to be too upset about that, even as a 'Phins fan.

That said, without a Super Bowl win, you obviously can't rate this team as one of the all time greats (or even on par with the 1985 Bears, who won the Super Bowl and would have gone 16-0 if Dan Marino hadn't played over his head, even for him).

If the Pats are going to lose, I figure it has to be another AFC team that does it, with the Colts being the most likely candidate. I just don't see a team out of the NFC beating the Pats, not even Dallas or Green Bay.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Okay what you say about the hardest schedules makes no sense. The AFC South is the best division in the NFL. That in and of itself makes their season schedule harder than the Pats. And i'll also go ahead and mention that before the season started, NOLA was thought to be heading for the playoffs and most likely making the NFC Championship game again.
The Colts and Patriots both played seven teams with winning records. The Colts lost three of those games, the Patriots won them all. The Patriots just went 16-0, comparing the Colts to the Patriots makes you look like an idiot, but just for fun... Opponent's Records: Colts: NO 8-8 Tenn 10-6 Houston 8-8 Denver 7-9 Tampa 9-7 Jacksonville 11-5 Carolina 7-9 NE 16-0 SD 11-5 KC 4-12 Atlanta 4-12 Baltimore 5-11 Jacksonville 11-5 Oakland 4-12 Tenn 10-6 Total: 123-133 Patriots: Jets 4-12 Chargers 11-5 Buffalo 7-9 Cincinnati 7-9 Cleveland 10-6 Dallas 13-3 Miami 1-15 Washington 9-7 Indianapolis 13-3 Buffalo 7-9 Philly 8-8 Baltimore 5-11 Pittsburgh 10-6 Jets 4-12 Miami 1-15 Giants 10-6 Total: 120-136 Their records are the same, because the Colts added three wins to their opponents records by losing three games. If you subtract NEs and Indy's records from their schedules, both of their total opponent's records would be 120-120, even though the Colts play in a more difficult division, but the thing is, the Colts WON THE SUPERBOWL last year, so they should have the most difficult schedule this year. NE played six playoff teams and was 6-0, while Indy only played five and was 4-3, and those numbers of playoff teams would be seven and four if Indy had actually beaten Tennessee. Indy has only played three of the best teams in the playoff pool (SD, NE, and Jacksonville) and is 2-2 in the games they've played against them. NE has played SD, Indy, and Dallas, and is 3-0.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
The Colts and Patriots both played seven teams with winning records. The Colts lost three of those games, the Patriots won them all.

The Patriots just went 16-0, comparing the Colts to the Patriots makes you look like an idiot, but just for fun...

Opponent's Records:

Colts:
NO 8-8
Tenn 10-6
Houston 8-8
Denver 7-9
Tampa 9-7
Jacksonville 11-5
Carolina 7-9
NE 16-0
SD 11-5
KC 4-12
Atlanta 4-12
Baltimore 5-11
Jacksonville 11-5
Oakland 4-12
Tenn 10-6
Total: 123-133

Patriots:
Jets 4-12
Chargers 11-5
Buffalo 7-9
Cincinnati 7-9
Cleveland 10-6
Dallas 13-3
Miami 1-15
Washington 9-7
Indianapolis 13-3
Buffalo 7-9
Philly 8-8
Baltimore 5-11
Pittsburgh 10-6
Jets 4-12
Miami 1-15
Giants 10-6
Total: 120-136

Their records are the same, because the Colts added three wins to their opponents records by losing three games. If you subtract NEs and Indy's records from their schedules, both of their total opponent's records would be 120-120, even though the Colts play in a more difficult division, but the thing is, the Colts WON THE SUPERBOWL last year, so they should have the most difficult schedule this year.

NE played six playoff teams and was 6-0, while Indy only played five and was 4-3, and those numbers of playoff teams would be seven and four if Indy had actually beaten Tennessee.

Indy has only played three of the best teams in the playoff pool (SD, NE, and Jacksonville) and is 2-2 in the games they've played against them. NE has played SD, Indy, and Dallas, and is 3-0.

While I'm really enjoying this back and forth, you're not going to convince me of your point and I'm not going to convince you of mine. While comparing the Colts to the Patriots now may make me look like an idiot, I think that on Jan 20, you'll be the one who looks like an idiot. Let's just wait until then and see who is right.

btw, I think in the other Superbowl thread Shoe might have a wager for you.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While I'm really enjoying this back and forth, you're not going to convince me of your point and I'm not going to convince you of mine. While comparing the Colts to the Patriots now may make me look like an idiot, I think that on Jan 20, you'll be the one who looks like an idiot. Let's just wait until then and see who is right.

btw, I think in the other Superbowl thread Shoe might have a wager for you.

The Colts have to make the Championship game first...if things go according to form they'll be playing a team they lost to already this year.

Indy had a worse home record than road record this year. They were 6-2 at home with an average margin of victory of 27-17.

NE was 8-0 at home, of course, with an average victory of 34-13.

NE was 12-4 ATS this year, which generally made me very happy. The Redskins game was the best, though.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can't say that a Brady/Manning debate is moot now. First off--- If Brady hadn't been playing in the 4th quarter of every game when they were up by 30 already, he'd have had less than 40 TD passes. Secondly, the Colts are going to stomp the Pats in the AFC Championship game on Jan 20 and nobody will remember the Pats for anything other than a string of wins that amounted to nothing.

Yeah, and if Manning had had to contend with cold, driving rain and wind instead of playing in a dome.... Whatever. Wah wah wah whine.

The record that is really impressive is Marino's 48 TDs. Not done in a dome. Done before Bill Polian got the rules changed to make it easier on receivers.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
The Colts have to make the Championship game first...if things go according to form they'll be playing a team they lost to already this year.

Indy had a worse home record than road record this year. They were 6-2 at home with an average margin of victory of 27-17.

NE was 8-0 at home, of course, with an average victory of 34-13.

NE was 12-4 ATS this year, which generally made me very happy. The Redskins game was the best, though.

Yes, you're right. It's possible that the Colts only play teams that they've lost to this year in their run to a SB. Or at least 2, the Chargers most likely and then the Patriots (games decided by 2 and 4 points respectively, while having less than 70% of our starters I'll have you know).

The Patriots and Colts both have a history of being great teams... NE with their multiple SB rings, and obviously their new undefeated season, and the Colts with their insane records over the past 5 years (only team to go 5 years in a row with 12 wins a season). Both teams have the ability to fill gaps from injuries, albeit the Colts had many more injuries. Both coaches are great coaches and motivators, although on completely opposites ends of the pedagogical spectrum. I've enjoyed the rivalry between the two teams and cannot wait to see how things turn out this year in the AFC Championship game.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Yeah, and if Manning had had to contend with cold, driving rain and wind instead of playing in a dome.... Whatever. Wah wah wah whine.

The record that is really impressive is Marino's 48 TDs. Not done in a dome. Done before Bill Polian got the rules changed to make it easier on receivers.

Yes, because Bill Polian is the only coach in NFL history to ever want to make rule changes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads