• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Complete List of Online Suit Tailors

stephen

Reaction score
After finding recent success with custom shirts, I decided it was time to enter the (dangerous) world of mail-order custom suits. Searching back through the SF archives reveals dire warnings and a few select experiences (far fewer than the ubiquitous online shirt threads). I've listed some of the more popular tailors below. If you know of ANY OTHERS, please post a link. I'll add it to this top thread (for future searchers) if there are enough additions. Popular Online Tailors Ravis Tailor / My Custom Tailor / My Suit Shop (Bangkok, Thailand): Reviews, one and two. Baron Boutique (Kathmandu, Nepal): Reviews, one and two. Other Online Tailors Online Suits (Bangkok, Thailand) New International Boutique House (Bangkok, Thailand) Traveling Tailors My Tailor (Hong Kong) W.W. Chan (Hong Kong) As far as Ravi goes, yes, they're all channels to the same company (with minimal pricing and selection variation). I've ordered a pair of slacks from here -- perfect fit, cheap fabric, good construction. Although, given the more recent positive reviews from Baron, I think my next order may come from there. Any other suggestions? And just to get it out of the way -- if you're wealthy, travel to the location or use a local tailor. If you can be fit by off-the-rack stuff, buy it on sale and have it altered. Sight unseen tailoring is only for those of us who are poor and oddly shaped!
smile.gif

stephen

Reaction score
Bump!
blush.gif
C'mon, there's got to be a few people here interested in online tailors.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Indochino - MTM, still seem to be some kinks as I got my package in the mail from them the other day but they list my order as "pending". Anyway, their silhouette options are limited to "normal" and "loose", and normal is pretty loose so I'm not sure it would fly here.

stephen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wrenkin
Indochino - MTM, still seem to be some kinks as I got my package in the mail from them the other day but they list my order as "pending". Anyway, their silhouette options are limited to "normal" and "loose", and normal is pretty loose so I'm not sure it would fly here.
Thanks for the addition! I recently received a suit from Ravi and will be posting some pictures and a review. If you have a chance, toss up a review of your experience (and the general price range). Would love to hear of some other options...

TyskJohan

Reaction score
I've been ordering from a place called New Famous Fashions out of TST, Hong Kong. With my measurements on file they managed to produce a linen suit and have it mailed to me (in Norway) in less than 10 days. I should try to post some better pictures...

okdc

Reaction score
Lucky Man Tailors was written about in the Wall Street Journal. They are doing work on the website, so it is hard to find more info. I have never used them, but thought I would add it to the list.

JimMcBean

Reaction score
There's another one I'm aware of: www.asuitthatfits.com - They are quite a new startup company based in the UK with two stores in London and have a partnership with workshops in Kathmandu, Nepal.
I'm not sure about their quality or 'fit' but I have read some bad reviews on askandy's forum.
Anyone else have any experience with them?
musicboohoo[1].gif

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
http://www.maxwellsclothiers.com/

Based in HK they visit major Canadian/American cities twice a year. Typically they rent a hotel conference room and have roving tailors and bring fabric samples. I understand their shirts are worthwile, their suits/blazers less so.

After Canadian taxes, duties and shipping, it cost $180 for 3 shirts delivered to Toronto. Total time was 3 months from ordering in person. Note Canadian duties are signifigant at $12/shirt. They have a Canadian home office/shipping centre in Edmonton, of all places.

This was my first venture into MTM shirts, will compare to Jantzen when my order comes in (hopefully soon). The Maxwell order came in with sleeves that were ~1 inch short for my taste, they took them/resleeved/sent them back to me in 1 month at no charge.

Mark Bannerman

Reaction score
Check out the English Tailors of Cad & The Dandy. Although not purely an online tailor (they have three basis in the UK which adds a bit of validity to the name) they really are at the cutting edge of mass tailoring and produce traditional English/European style suits, high arms holes etc.
I have used them for my last three of four suits and find them to be so much better in service fit and qulaity(they uses English cloth) than any other tailor I have used...
www.cadandthedandy.co.uk

Mark Bannerman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JimMcBean
There's another one I'm aware of: www.asuitthatfits.com - They are quite a new startup company based in the UK with two stores in London and have a partnership with workshops in Kathmandu, Nepal.
I'm not sure about their quality or 'fit' but I have read some bad reviews on askandy's forum.
Anyone else have any experience with them?
musicboohoo[1].gif

Yes a total disaster. Like many tailors they offer/provide asian cloths and fit.. Would avoid these guys unless you have been succesful and they can guarantee any repeat orders are like for like but they seem to have a problem with quality control after speaking to several chums that have used them

Charlie

Reaction score
I would add Gino to the list. I ordered a grey three-piece (about 800) during one of his visits, and have been satisfied with it. He uses pretty basic fabrics, but the constuction is good.

Also, not traveling or online, but Mohan Tailors measures you in NYC office, and then has the suit made in HK. My father uses them, and bought me a suit (navy pincstripe three piece made of Barberis fabric - about 1200) there, and it came back ourtstanding.

TintinATL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark Bannerman
Check out the English Tailors of Cad & The Dandy. Although not purely an online tailor (they have three basis in the UK which adds a bit of validity to the name) they really are at the cutting edge of mass tailoring and produce traditional English/European style suits, high arms holes etc.
I have used them for my last three of four suits and find them to be so much better in service fit and qulaity(they uses English cloth) than any other tailor I have used...
www.cadandthedandy.co.uk

It is indeed a nice website, and I get the impression you are one of the owners.

Mark Bannerman

Reaction score
Nope I have the unfortunate pleasure of working in the city...Not for much longer perhaps if the current climate continues. I was however put in touch with the company through the webdesigner for the site who is an old chum

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads