• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Collegium shoes

naestyle

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I haven't seen a thread on the brand COLLEGIUM, but they seem to be a newer shoe brand in the realm of minimalistic luxury footwear.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.collegiumshoes.com

Looks like they're trying to do something different than other brands from this article via Complex...
http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2016/02/collegium-pillar-low-vegetable-tan-release

I'm looking into purchasing a pair from them, if anyone has any insight... it would be much appreciated!

aphung

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I haven't seen a thread on the brand COLLEGIUM, but they seem to be a newer shoe brand in the realm of minimalistic luxury footwear.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.collegiumshoes.com

Looks like they're trying to do something different than other brands from this article via Complex...
http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2016/02/collegium-pillar-low-vegetable-tan-release

I'm looking into purchasing a pair from them, if anyone has any insight... it would be much appreciated!

I've purchased a couple of pairs from them, and for what it's worth, they're top notch!

Quality - thick and soft leather that holds really well structurally. They use a margom rubber sole, so it's similar to the other minimalistic brands out there. This is probably better quality of leather from what I've seen in a sneaker.

Comfort - they seem to use a EVA/PU insole which gives you more cushioning than just a regular lining, making them something I can wear all day while walking around.

Sizing - I would size down, I'm typically an 8.5/9 US in sneakers, I downsize to 41 for them.

So far, I like this brand, but I am also interested to see how they will progress too!

Here's a pic I took with their Pillar High in Beige.
s7dc69C.jpg

naestyle

Reaction score
I've purchased a couple of pairs from them, and for what it's worth, they're top notch!

Quality - thick and soft leather that holds really well structurally. They use a margom rubber sole, so it's similar to the other minimalistic brands out there. This is probably better quality of leather from what I've seen in a sneaker.

Comfort - they seem to use a EVA/PU insole which gives you more cushioning than just a regular lining, making them something I can wear all day while walking around.

Sizing - I would size down, I'm typically an 8.5/9 US in sneakers, I downsize to 41 for them.

So far, I like this brand, but I am also interested to see how they will progress too!

Here's a pic I took with their Pillar High in Beige.
s7dc69C.jpg

Thanks for the share! If you have any other photo's of on feet shots, please feel free to share! I'm pretty sure I will look to purchase a pair in the near future and will definitely get this thread going.

naestyle

Reaction score

bortalizer93

Reaction score
how's the fit widthwise tho? my main problem with common project achilles is it presses so tightly on the outside part of my foot (right behind the pinky finger) that after quite a while it becomes unbearable to wear.

aphung

Reaction score
how's the fit widthwise tho? my main problem with common project achilles is it presses so tightly on the outside part of my foot (right behind the pinky finger) that after quite a while it becomes unbearable to wear.

The fit on the Collegium pillar low and highs are generally wider than the Common Projects. The leather also provides more give since they're a bit softer.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the people posting in this thread must not be affiliated with this brand!!

gardenvariety

Reaction score
Reviving this thread - Collegium has put out some awesome vintage Nike-inspired designs called the Pillar Destroyer High. The silhouette is slimmer and less chunky than Nikes which is another point of difference. IMO these are great and much better than the uninspired minimal sneakers they started with.

Their site is completely sold out but Nordstrom carries them as well and they're currently in stock.

I would say they run small (I take a Nike 13; size 46, their largest size, didn't fit me sadly). They're also at a good price point compared to all the stupid $$ sneakers running around these days.

COLLEGIUM12.6.12-063_1080x.jpg

COLLEGIUM12.6.12-037_1080x.jpg

COLLEGIUM12.6.12-003_1080x.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads