• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
remember who connemara is when you reply to his posts
frown.gif

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
shower shoes? As in flip flops?

******* hate flip flops.

buy some allen edmonds and wear those while u shower -- thats what i do

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

******* hate flip flops.

No, the guy is right, I hate flip flops, really hate them, but the communal showers in my first year would have been a lot nicer with them.
Also if it hasn't been mentioned a decent alarm clock.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

******* hate flip flops.

Suit yourself. Don't post in "things that are pissing me off" when you walk in to the shower one day and wonder why it smells of urine, or get athlete's foot, or plantar's warts, etc. I remember from my days in dorms when one guy, a perpetually drunk irishman, told us that he was taking a shower after a long night of drinking, and he let one rip, but diarrhea came out instead of a fart. Then there was the fact that every Saturday night someone would deliberately piss on the floor of the bathroom, instead of in the toilet. They used to pre-clean the floors with a hose. All of this is true.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
remember who connemara is when you reply to his posts
frown.gif

Yeah, good point, well hopefully the OP will have enough of a social life to need pjs for the occasional nightmare morning class, even if connie has the erm, time on his hands, to not have this problem.

Originally Posted by GQgeek
Suit yourself. Don't post in "things that are pissing me off" when you walk in to the shower one day and wonder why it smells of urine, or get athlete's foot, or plantar's warts, etc. I remember from my days in dorms when one guy, a perpetually drunk irishman, told us that he was taking a shower after a long night of drinking, and he let one rip, but diarrhea came out instead of a fart. Then there was the fact that every Saturday night someone would deliberately piss on the floor of the bathroom, instead of in the toilet. They used to pre-clean the floors with a hose. All of this is true.

Ah the days in halls, your bathroom sounds much worse than mine was, but we had a guy who used to crap in all the bins, that was pretty nice.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Yeah, good point, well hopefully the OP will have enough of a social life to need pjs for the occasional nightmare morning class, even if connie has the erm, time on his hands, to not have this problem.

Ah the days in halls, your bathroom sounds much worse than mine was, but we had a guy who used to crap in all the bins, that was pretty nice.

My floor was pretty fun. It was the party floor. Unfortunately, that had dire consequences for the cleanliness of our bathrooms. They were always disgusting on the weekends. It wasn't nearly as bad when I was in dorms at prep school, but i would still caution anyone using public showers to wear flip-flops.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My floor was pretty fun. It was the party floor. Unfortunately, that had dire consequences for the cleanliness of our bathrooms. They were always disgusting on the weekends. It wasn't nearly as bad when I was in dorms at prep school, but i would still caution anyone using public showers to wear flip-flops.
Mine were the same. There would be Sat. and Sun. mornings where it looked like a bomb had hit.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fortunately I dodged the dubious pleasures of all male boarding school, but from friends who didn't it sounds much worse than just the poor personal cleanliness.

Soggy biscuit?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you need a plastic basket to hold all the **** you take to the shower. flip flops are good. computer. foreman grill is great.

everything else will get stolen or broken.

oh yeah, bring a super soaker gun.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Rhymes

2) Cash

3) Weed

4) Cars

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOw far is your home from campus? I would recommend bringing just the most basic things:

Bedding
Clothes
Computer
Essential Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, something to shave with)
Condoms

After 2-3 weeks, go back home and get/have your parents bring you whatever it is you MUST have. THe worst is arriving with so much **** you don't use; packing, moving, unpacking, repacking, moving...

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Fortunately I dodged the dubious pleasures of all male boarding school, but from friends who didn't it sounds much worse than just the poor personal cleanliness.

Soggy biscuit?

I only went to an all-male school in grades 4 and 5, and I was a day student then. High school was co-ed. I enjoyed the all-male environment when I was younger though. We had a lot of fun and caused a lot of trouble. The older boys would give us hell, and there were a fair amount of fights, but in general there was also a high level of camaraderie. Shared misery and all that. The school teachers were pretty tough on us for our age. I could make a comparison to the Spartans, but given my rep around here, I probably shouldn't.
laugh.gif
And no soggy biscuits there. I wonder if things like that really happen. It's pretty disgusting and I can't imagine anyone voluntarily partaking in the activity, or thinking it was a good idea...

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Wearing sweatpants/pajamas to class is for girls and meathead losers.
fing02[1].gif

One thing I do to keep myself "fresh" is to make an effort to dress properly for class every morning. I get up early to cook my own breakfast, take a shower, and dress well. The only time I put sweatpants on is when I feel like being a meathead and going to the gym straight after class

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads