• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

COLE HAAN Driving Shoes - New, Size US 9

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I almost forgot about these... I tried to sell them once before, back when I had just joined the SF. They didn't sell. Maybe it was because I was new...maybe I was asking too much. So once again I set them aside...and once again I forgot about them! (seems to be a pattern with me and these shoes). I just remembered that I still had them, and so I thought I'd give it another try.

Here's the story about the shoes...

We have a unique clothing/furniture store about 45 minutes from here, that buys goods from all over the country . You never know from one week to the next what they're going to put out on the floor. Often they're called in to buy up insurance claims. If there's a big earthquake, or a major weather event...they'll fly out there the next day, buying up claims from the local stores and/or insurance agents. About 80% of the time it's just so-so...But now and then, the selection can get really good! (If you live near here you know what store I'm talking about).

I remember years ago when Vegas was hit by some sort of "Mother Nature" event...These guys went out there and came back with some of the finest goods that money can buy. Another time their newspaper ad said "The sprinkler system went off in the mens department of a major New York Department Store. Half the ties were ruined...we bought the other half! We can't tell you the store's name, but it rhymes with Zoomingdale's."

When they're not buying up insurance cleaims, they'll also buy end-of-season samples. If you're timing is right, and you're lucky, you can find some pretty terrific items there.

The store usually gets a sizeable shipment of samples from Cole Haan about twice a year. I bought this pair of driving shoes on a whim. And never got around to wearing them. I'm pretty certain that they were samples because I've never seen them anywhere else. They're brand new. Never worn. I no longer have the box. They are a size 9 (true-to-size).

The actual color of the (very fine, very soft) suede is actually less "yellow-looking" than it appears in these photos. Less of a khaki color...more beige. It's pretty much what I would consider a "standard" beige. The perforated leather lining is a nice touch...

ColeHaan.......jpg

ColeHaan.jpg

ColeHaan.......jpg

The price is now... $57 Shipped! (In the ConUS via Priority Mail, Please contact me for shipping prices outside the Continental USA)

Thanks for looking.

Dennis

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to ask an incredibly stupid sounding question. Are driving shoes strictly meant for wearing when driving (e.g. long distance road trips) or do they serve a more general purpose as well?

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Not stupid at all...

I used to wonder the same thing.

Answer is...they're just called that...

I have a couple pair that I wear a lot! Very comfortable...and perfect with khakis or similar casual pants (IMHO). Also with shorts (sans socks).

BTW- The only time I wear mine for driving...is if I happen to wearing them.
wink.gif

Dennis

AJB

Reaction score
I have a pair of these that I picked up at off 5th - very comfortable.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they were actually being sold for $ 60.00. i was tempted to get them. they are very nice shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads